• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked that first period. Better than Vegas just about everywhere except the scoreboard. Now just need to get a few past Lehner.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Knights power play is in mid season form.

:L

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking the fight in this team so far. 20 minutes left to find the equalizer.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Jim Kelly Kick GIF by Warner Archive

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I prefer the WHL rule where you can kick the puck in as long as it's outside the crease. That said looked like a pretty obvious kick to me but it's Vegas so no surprise it was upheld. We'll see if the Kraken have another goal left.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I prefer the WHL rule where you can kick the puck in as long as it's outside the crease. That said looked like a pretty obvious kick to me but it's Vegas so no surprise it was upheld. We'll see if the Kraken have another goal left.
I was gonna say watching that, I know fuck-all about Hockey rules, but if it's illegal to kick the puck in the goal, that clearly wasn't a goal. If you're going to somehow claim that wasn't a kick, then there is no such thing and the rule is pointless.

Intentionally adjusting the angle of your foot then extending your lower leg out at the knee towards the incoming puck? Wouldn't be more clear were it on a soccer pitch.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraken played a good game. Should be a fun season for them.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game.
I was gonna say watching that, I know fuck-all about Hockey rules, but if it's illegal to kick the puck in the goal, that clearly wasn't a goal. If you're going to somehow claim that wasn't a kick, then there is no such thing and the rule is pointless.

Intentionally adjusting the angle of your foot then extending your lower leg out at the knee towards the incoming puck? Wouldn't be more clear were it on a soccer pitch.
That's how I saw it too. Skate was off the ice and the leg motions toward the puck as contact was made. Clearly a kick. And the announcers trying to make the argument it wasn't a kick because it was the outside of his foot was an absurd argument. I got a good laugh out of that. But as someone who has followed the NHL before you'll learn quick that the refs are shit and they play favorites a lot. It is what it is.

Fun game to watch though and definitely a lot of positives to take. Love the heart and grit, need to cut down on the turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.