• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Onederbrew

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever used or heard of this guy? Saw an ad for it in BrewYourOwn magazine and got wondering about it.

OneDerBrew Home Brewing | Quest Advanced Technologies | home brewing equipment

TheOriginalOneDerBrew3.png

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like a trash can with a wiener

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh-need-er-brew?

and here is my man card...

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I have heard it does ok, but it scares me. Pressurizing a plastic bucket does not sound like a good idea. The beer it makes is not great but it is easy and drinkable in a week.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no transferring between containers: Brew, ferment, carbonate, chill, and dispense from the same container and enjoy your beer sooner!

This is not possible. Brewing involves boiling. You can't boil in plastic. You don't want to drink beer out of your fermenter. Trust me on this.

And if you think carbonating a plastic container is a good idea, read this: Exploding Beer Keg Kills Redhook Brewery Worker In Freak Accident

"The accident was caused by an exploding plastic keg;"

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no transferring between containers: Brew, ferment, carbonate, chill, and dispense from the same container and enjoy your beer sooner!

This is not possible. Brewing involves boiling. You can't boil in plastic. You don't want to drink beer out of your fermenter. Trust me on this.

And if you think carbonating a plastic container is a good idea, read this: Exploding Beer Keg Kills Redhook Brewery Worker In Freak Accident

"The accident was caused by an exploding plastic keg;"

Nott entirely true. Coopers makes beer kits that are sterile and therefore just mix with water and ferment. Granted probably not the best idea, but it does exist.
As for the onederbrew, you do boil the wort, but you use a microwave. The pressure on the bucket can also be adjusted to prevent overpressurization. Anywhere from 0 to bursting pressure the homebrewer can decide.
Lastly, the trub is removed before the beer is consumed. Again, not optimal, but by all accounts it makes a passable beer, not great, but a consumable beer. The shop is inmy area and they did a show on my local radio station. All three members of the show drank the beer after one week and all three said it was ok.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]8HFt2-Y9w5c[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nott entirely true. Coopers makes beer kits that are sterile and therefore just mix with water and ferment. Granted probably not the best idea, but it does exist.
As for the onederbrew, you do boil the wort, but you use a microwave. The pressure on the bucket can also be adjusted to prevent overpressurization. Anywhere from 0 to bursting pressure the homebrewer can decide.
Lastly, the trub is removed before the beer is consumed. Again, not optimal, but by all accounts it makes a passable beer, not great, but a consumable beer. The shop is inmy area and they did a show on my local radio station. All three members of the show drank the beer after one week and all three said it was ok.

This isn't "brewing."

As a professional brewer, I can honestly say this is a disaster waiting to happen. If you disagree, have at.