• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One win to go to match Carson's last effort

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... Wonder how his bruised vagina feels right about now. The franchise is better without him.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering the same thing today. The Bengals have a very good D.
They're better off without Palmer.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the tackle Dalton made on the guy who picked his pass off, Palmer wouldve never done anything close to that, he wouldve been worried about breaking a nail or something

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Franchise far better off without Palmer. Dalton's tackle probably won the game. No matter what the record this year at least they are fun to watch.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are doing well this seson they are no longer the goat

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thou shalt not blaspheme thy franchise QB. Where is thy QB priest? Smitten thou shalt be!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thou shalt not blaspheme thy franchise QB. Where is thy QB priest? Smitten thou shalt be!!!

lol.....glad to have Dalton,he'll have his ups and downs this season but in time it'll be all worth it!
Tiger1.gif

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol.....glad to have Dalton,he'll have his ups and downs this season but in time it'll be all worth it!
Tiger1.gif

I agree. He won't do well every single game so I'm expecting a sharp drop off a week here and there, but I'm loving his poise and talent as well as the core group of young players surrounding him.

Also, I'm digging the who dey orange over Kentucky blue grass font change :)

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He won't do well every single game so I'm expecting a sharp drop off a week here and there, but I'm loving his poise and talent as well as the core group of young players surrounding him.

Also, I'm digging the who dey orange over Kentucky blue grass font change :)

.....lol..thanks Trin,yea i try and change it around some.The UK FB team this yr is the worst i've ever seen on offense!I'm ready for the Basketball team!! But your right about Dalton...its going to take time.
icon15.gif

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's probably just sitting back, relaxing, and watching the show as he knows in the end, he'll have the last laugh with the Bengals sitting on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

I wonder which was the last "#1 ranked" defense (assuming the ranking holds, and no reason it shouldn't hold a top 3 ranking) with a serviceable offense to miss the playoffs.

Sad state in Cincinnati.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could imagine it may happen this year, as well as years in the future. This is such an offensive league anymore. QB's are throwing for 400+ yards every dang week now it seems like. Having the #1 defense doesn't mean nearly as much as having the #1 offense. Basically, defense is just trying to limit, not win games. Offenses now are putting teams away. We only have a serviceable offense, not one of the top 10 O's. So it is very possible we could have a #1 ranked D and miss the playoffs due to the fact of our offense not being nearly as potent as a lot of these teams.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's a good point. I'm going to have to look at maybe the last 4-5 seasons where we might get somewhat of an apples-apples comparison.

That said, somewhere between the lines, there was a shot at Marvin. With this good of a defense, there is no reason for the offense to not be taking a LOT more chances (even risks if you will) trusting the defense to have their back and get the ball right back in case they mess up and turn the ball over. Otherwise, you're allowing this good of a defense to go to waste. Take advantage of it. Marvin is still incompetent and Carson is still laughing.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's probably just sitting back, relaxing, and watching the show as he knows in the end, he'll have the last laugh with the Bengals sitting on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

I wonder which was the last "#1 ranked" defense (assuming the ranking holds, and no reason it shouldn't hold a top 3 ranking) with a serviceable offense to miss the playoffs.

Sad state in Cincinnati.

True. I think he'll be sitting there thinking that he would have led this team to the playoffs (I don't buy into that for a second) and loving every minute of the post season without Cinci in it.

And the last time that happened? Last year, the Chargers had the number one defense. Other than that I'm having a rough time finding any other team that fits the bill.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True. I think he'll be sitting there thinking that he would have led this team to the playoffs (I don't buy into that for a second) and loving every minute of the post season without Cinci in it.

And the last time that happened? Last year, the Chargers had the number one defense. Other than that I'm having a rough time finding any other team that fits the bill.

Meh, there's that whole yards verses points thing again. They were 1st in yards but 10th in points. But I guess my comparison is with a Bengals team that is 1st in yards, not points (insert foot in mouth).

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, there's that whole yards verses points thing again. They were 1st in yards but 10th in points. But I guess my comparison is with a Bengals team that is 1st in yards, not points (insert foot in mouth).

That's true. YPG defense is a cool stat, but there really are a lot of things that can skew that statistic, such as having a terrible offense that gives the other team a short field to work with or by allowing big special teams plays regularly. PPG means so much more, and I'm not sure if/when a team has led the league in the category and not made the playoffs. I'm looking and am not seeing it.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's nice to have the #1 D, no doubt, but if the offense can't score, it doesn't matter. Marvin is going to have to let the offense open up a little and try to put points on the board.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also don't think Carson suddenly gives us much more of a chance to make the playoffs. His arm strength was wavering, but he still tries to make throws that he just can't make any more, resulting in poor throws and INTs.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton has showed nice potential so far. I would like to compare his first 5 game stats to our past rookie QBS and see how he compares.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Palmer - ATT/COMP YDS TD INT
C. Palmer 18/27 248 9.2 2 1
C. Palmer 21/38 147 3.9 0 1
C. Palmer 25/52 316 6.1 0 3
C. Palmer 20/37 164 4.4 1 2
C. Palmer 20/36 148 4.1 1 1
-------------------------------------------
104/190 1023 yds 4td 8 int 1-4 record

Dalton
A. Dalton 10/15 81 5.4 1 0
A. Dalton 27/41 332 8.1 2 0
A. Dalton 17/32 157 4.9 0 2
A. Dalton 18/36 298 8.3 1 2
A. Dalton 21/33 179 5.4 2 1
-------------------------------------------
93/157 1047 yds 6td 5 int 3-2 record

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've had this debate many a times, so I'll say my piece once and leave it at that.

I agree Carson's arm strength was wavering. Sometimes it was there, and sometimes it just wasn't. And this wasn't a game to game thing, sometimes it seemed to be play to play. Though I don't want to exagerrate his wavering arm strength. It was rarely an issue.

In this offense, I don't think he'd ever have to attempt the types of throws he did the past few years, into double and triple coverage. The offensive design is just that good. I've seen Dalton have to throw into double coverage maybe only a couple times all season. Last night he did attempt one pass on 3rd down to a triple covered Green (I mentioned it in the game thread). I believe Carson would feast in this offense. The WCO is the type of offense he could succeed in.

Also, I've seen a number of articles and game day recaps by analysts that say they'd love to see Carson in this offense or like the article you posted, how they think he "outsmarted" himself. What I have yet to see is an article or analyst say they think the team is better off with Dalton or without Palmer altogether.

People tend to only remember Carson from last year. But there were a ton of other things that were wrong with last season that are ahead of Carson on the totem pole of failures (namely TO/Ocho). I see last season as an anomaly more than anything else despite the 4000 yards and 60% completion.

Last note: Something people aren't talking about, haven't noticed, OR are just brushing off as a rookie thing, but everyone has mentioned how open our receivers are getting play after play, but despite that, Dalton through 4 games was still only sitting at 58% completion. I find that disconcerting.

Looking at the stats of a number of good QB's including Palmer, they were all over 61% their first season as starter and that number did not majorly shift (with the exception of a few seasons in between) at least on average from one season to the next. Peyton Manning was the exception to this who ballooned from 56% to 62%, but he didn't have close to the offense or pieces Dalton now has. His accuracy (especially on the long ball) scares me many times.