• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One more reason why the NBA has become a bad joke

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is not talent, IMO. There are as many stars in the game as ever before. The problem is, the sooner guys declare for the draft (either HS or one and done) the harder it is to guess how good they will be. The more time a player spends in college, the more they develop and the more info scouts have to evaluate.

The future stars will develop (for the most part), whether in college or at the NBA level, but the less the talent scouts see, the more of a guessing game it becomes.

If it sounds like I'm saying there's not enough talent, I need to correct myself. I agree, plenty of talented players in the NBA.

To your point bold...That's what I'm saying. Maybe 1 out of 50 are like Durant...ready to play at the pro level their rookie season or certainly 2nd yr. The NBA did recognize the problem with so many HS kids jumping to the league so they instituted at least one yr of college...my point is that didn't change anything.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't sit the NBA starts that people pay good money to see anytime you want.

If Russel Wilson sat out a game just to get extra rest you would have a baby.

Why can't you sit them? The coach is sitting players for obvious reasons or he wouldn't do it. That comes down to coaching. If these bs guidelines are put in the books I hope NBA players start faking injuries late in the season. No reason they should get hurt for reals just because some bald headed AIDS carrier want to cater to the dumbed down masses.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had a brain you'd be dangerous. WTF do you think setting guidelines on who gets to rest and how long they get to rest means. It means that AIDS looking mofo is telling coaches who they can and cannot play. That is what it means. You can word it differently but it comes down to actual facts. Something that seems to elude you time after time.
Guidelines are not binding and gives the teams flexibility. Guidelines is a start in that direction. If Popovich, for example were to decide to rest his players, there really wouldn't be much they could say without rules dictating how many minutes each player has to play in each game. So you're wrong

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock up any girls under the age of 18.....he likes them very young. I saw Chris Hanson's SportsHoopla profile on here earlier......a bust might be going down soon.
I run from those under 18 - I'm not tough enough to spend time in prison:lol:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play 82 games in 182 days? ..and then get the next 182 days off?

...and you get paid how much? ...and you get paid how much more in endorsements?

giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play 82 games in 182 days? ..and then get the next 182 days off?

...and you get paid how much? ...and you get paid how much more in endorsements?

giphy.gif

To be fair, the season lasts longer than 182 days for most of the players fans actually want to see. Also, any player worth a damn works their butt off those other 182 days.

Yeah they get paid a lot and it is a great job. But, the point of coaches resting players is to keep them fresh for May and June.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the season lasts longer than 182 days for most of the players fans actually want to see. Also, any player worth a damn works their butt off those other 182 days.

Yeah they get paid a lot and it is a great job. But, the point of coaches resting players is to keep them fresh for May and June.

I think there was some resting of star players outside of playoff prep.

But Silver has a legitimate beef. He can't have the fans showing up or tuning in to the game to find out just then some stars are sitting out.

The stars are the product the NBA markets to the fans ....you can't bait and switch the fans on game night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was some resting of star players outside of playoff prep.

But Silver has a legitimate beef. He can't have the fans showing up or tuning in to the game to find out just then some stars are sitting out.

The stars are the product the NBA markets to the fans ....you can't bait and switch the fans on game night.

I agree with you.

Like others have said though, it would be tough to legislate.