• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One more reason why the NBA has become a bad joke

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with this again?
Telling a coach how to manage their team throughout the season is shit. If I was Silver, I would focus more on how to highlight more than 6 teams throughout the season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telling a coach how to manage their team throughout the season is shit. If I was Silver, I would focus more on how to highlight more than 6 teams throughout the season.

Well ticket prices should not change depending on the team. Having tickets to see LeBron or the warriors cost 700 or 800 is insane especially when you pay that money and see a dleague team. If tickets prices to see the Cavs were the same as seeing the nets then we wouldn't have this issue. Sorry not everyone is rich where they can waste hundred of dollars to see a team rest all of their stars who you're paying to see. Maybe you have it like that but i dont and a lot of others don't either

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy solution to this without telling teams want to do is have ticket prices remain the same no matter the team

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ticket prices should not change depending on the team. Having tickets to see LeBron or the warriors cost 700 or 800 is insane especially when you pay that money and see a dleague team. If tickets prices to see the Cavs were the same as seeing the nets then we wouldn't have this issue. Sorry not everyone is rich where they can waste hundred of dollars to see a team rest all of their stars who you're paying to see. Maybe you have it like that but i dont and a lot of others don't either
That kind of thinking is why most of us sports fans think the NBA is right up there with fake ass wrestling. It's more of a show than a sport these days. It's like the NBA has dumbed itself down for sports fans who don't care about the game so much as getting an autograph.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy solution to this without telling teams want to do is have ticket prices remain the same no matter the team

So we're going to cut StubHub out of the equation? And people will have to resort to buying/selling tickets on the street? I'm not sure how other teams do it but the face value of a ticket to see the warriors or the nets is usually the same or slightly different. The prices get inflated when they get sold on the secondary market because there is a limited supply and a huge demand.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when does some bald headed banker who looks like he's suffering from AIDS dictate how a coach should coach his team?

To be fair, resting players was not really an issue as recently as 10 years ago. Now, it is a big disadvantage if you don't.

The regular season is all about entertainment, and the playoffs is where the real competition goes down. Silver is only trying to protect regulate season TV ratings by trying to restrict when players are rested. It is a necessary move, IMO, even if it doesn't end up working.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, one solution ive heard is to have players rest only at home, which is perfectly fair IMO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, one solution ive heard is to have players rest only at home, which is perfectly fair IMO

I think TV games are the bigger issue to be honest. League revenue is driven by TV ratings. When stars sit out those games, the ratings suffer. I think the best policy would be one that penalizes teams who rest players in these games. Fans buying tickets are getting hurt by rest no matter what games teams choose.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TV games are the bigger issue to be honest. League revenue is driven by TV ratings. When stars sit out those games, the ratings suffer. I think the best policy would be one that penalizes teams who rest players in these games. Fans buying tickets are getting hurt by rest no matter what games teams choose.

Fair point from an NBA perspective, from a fan perspective, i cant imagine paying twice the price of your regular game to see Lebron James play at Memphis, and being witness to a team that is basically on par with the Nets..

The only way to correct that I would guess, as BK said, is not to allow escalating prices based on opponents

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're going to cut StubHub out of the equation? And people will have to resort to buying/selling tickets on the street? I'm not sure how other teams do it but the face value of a ticket to see the warriors or the nets is usually the same or slightly different. The prices get inflated when they get sold on the secondary market because there is a limited supply and a huge demand.

Are tickets on ticketmaster really the same no matter the team? I don't think so. I doubt I can pay the same amount of money through ticketmaster to see my Heat in Barclays Center that I would to see Cleveland or Golden State

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are tickets on ticketmaster really the same no matter the team? I don't think so. I doubt I can pay the same amount of money through ticketmaster to see my Heat in Barclays Center that I would to see Cleveland or Golden State

When I go to purchase tickets through the 76ers front office, the tickets are pretty much the same for every game. I think premiere games may be slightly more expensive, but nothing crazy. Maybe it's different for other teams/cities.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I go to purchase tickets through the 76ers front office, the tickets are pretty much the same for every game. I think premiere games may be slightly more expensive, but nothing crazy. Maybe it's different for other teams/cities.

I will check this summer when the schedule come out. Going to see the difference in ticket prices when it comes to seeing the Heat at Barclays compared to the top teams

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kind of thinking is why most of us sports fans think the NBA is right up there with fake ass wrestling. It's more of a show than a sport these days. It's like the NBA has dumbed itself down for sports fans who don't care about the game so much as getting an autograph.

Are you insinuating that the NBA is the only sport that is hurt when stars don't play? Pretty sure the Red Sox do better with ticket sales and ratings on average when Chris Sale pitches, as opposed to Drew Pomeranz. I'm pretty sure the Pats will take a little bit of a hit when Brady retires.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can only speak for my teams; Bears, White Sox and Bulls.

When they play a big market team, or a star studded one. The tickets are definitely more expensive on ticketmaster.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The face value of the tickets doesn't change on a per team basis. How do you propose that the NBA regulate after market ticket prices?

The biggest problem for the NBA is that for some of the league's bottom feeders their big games are when the stars come to play. But if the Cavs or Warriors or Clippers sit their stars because the team they are playing stinks, the fans don't get to see the player they paid money to see play.

It's a star driven league.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only speak for my teams; Bears, White Sox and Bulls.

When they play a big market team, or a star studded one. The tickets are definitely more expensive on ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster has a secondary ticket market like stubhub. It's integrated into their regular ticket purchase system.