• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

once again Gruden calls a good game

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the Scott touchdown was a nice looking play and called at the right time, also rolling Dalton out in the redzone on Gresham's touchdown was something that Brat never did. I could see him getting goobled up by another team, I cant see him staying in Cincy for long

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense has a very intelligent design.....receivers are open everywhere.....I'm very happy with Gruden as oc......not to mention Zim as dc....now if we could only find a hc.....this team has to overcome Marvin week after week.....

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Scott touchdown was a nice looking play and called at the right time, also rolling Dalton out in the redzone on Gresham's touchdown was something that Brat never did. I could see him getting goobled up by another team, I cant see him staying in Cincy for long

Lets hope your wrong about that,like to see the kid develope more and become a solid QB at Cincy.We've got the talent out our ass,just need a new owner and coach!
bengals.gif

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That TD pass to Gresham was not a designed rollout. It was simple a matter of the pocket breaking down after so long, and Dalton trying to stay alive long enough to find an open reciever. That was all Dalton and Gresham and had nothing to do with Gruden as Gresham came back across the end zone (direction Dalton had to rollout) in order to give him another target as Green and Gresham were basically on top of each other.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That TD pass to Gresham was not a designed rollout. It was simple a matter of the pocket breaking down after so long, and Dalton trying to stay alive long enough to find an open reciever. That was all Dalton and Gresham and had nothing to do with Gruden as Gresham came back across the end zone (direction Dalton had to rollout) in order to give him another target as Green and Gresham were basically on top of each other.

He's like a poor man's brett favre, lol. great highlight!

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

youre right, I had to many beers yesterday, sorry

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not impressed. Run, run, pass, punt. Thrilling.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are some well designed plays, and he's much better than Brat. I think Marvin is responsible for the run, run, pass, punt offense.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marvin likely calls what he wants, whether it's a run or pass, especially in key situations late in games. It's the OC's job to call what play - run or pass - he wants to run. And I have to agree with Doug. I've been very impressed with Gruden to this point.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marvin, not Gruden.....on the touchdown pass to Green, look at the combination of routes that helped Green come so wide open.....they are frequently confusing secondaries....never happened under Brat.....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The main difference between Brat and Gruden from my limited knowledge of both offenses:

Brat had his receivers run designed routes. And in those routes, the receiver was supposed to look at what defense he saw in front of him and adjust his route accordingly. That was it. 3 different guys running 3 distinct route trees. Very little mix and match between the receivers routes and how defenses would react to each simultaneously.

Gruden on the other hand is calling simple designed routes for his receivers. However, though they're simple routes, they all coincide and are timed in that two or more receivers routes are supposed to force the defenders (LB in coverage, FS, etc depending on coverage and play call to that coverage) to make a split second decision where they should go. Any play where multiple defenders aren't on the same page or even an individual defender takes too long to decide, it's a broken coverage and the receiver will either be wide open or the defender will at the very least be a step or two behind.

The latter of the two above is what you expect out of any competent OC. The most simple, but complex WC system is in New England. Their offense just blows my mind every time I watch it.

...or I could have just made all that up. ;)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was very well designed throwing into that wind yesterday 25-30mph right in the face of the offense heading to the left side of the field. That is how Dalton got picked off. I think he would have had Green wide the F open and streaking down the sideline if his ball did not hit a brick wall 20 yards down the field and start to float rather than spin. Unfortunately, Dalton did not take into account for that much wind on his throw and he wound up under throwing it.

That wind was ridiculous, which is why if it went to OT, I would have deferred the ball to open the quarter heading with the wind rather than against. Took my chances that defense could have held them knowing they had to get to about the 20-25 to stand a chance at a FG, and even then, the wind was swirling and pushing the ball straight back.

Heading the other way, we could have allowed Nugent to attempt a 60 yarder to win the game if necessary.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main difference between Brat and Gruden from my limited knowledge of both offenses:

Brat had his receivers run designed routes. And in those routes, the receiver was supposed to look at what defense he saw in front of him and adjust his route accordingly. That was it. 3 different guys running 3 distinct route trees. Very little mix and match between the receivers routes and how defenses would react to each simultaneously.

Gruden on the other hand is calling simple designed routes for his receivers. However, though they're simple routes, they all coincide and are timed in that two or more receivers routes are supposed to force the defenders (LB in coverage, FS, etc depending on coverage and play call to that coverage) to make a split second decision where they should go. Any play where multiple defenders aren't on the same page or even an individual defender takes too long to decide, it's a broken coverage and the receiver will either be wide open or the defender will at the very least be a step or two behind.

The latter of the two above is what you expect out of any competent OC. The most simple, but complex WC system is in New England. Their offense just blows my mind every time I watch it.

...or I could have just made all that up. ;)

That's exactly what I was trying to say.....excellent translation, even if by accident....rep for you, you rep whore......

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading the other way, we could have allowed Nugent to attempt a 60 yarder to win the game if necessary.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is why you defer in OT to get the wind at your back with our defense.

Jax had that opening 80 yard drive and that one single play of 74 yards. Outside that, the defense allowed 121 total yards and 3 points basically. The other 3 points was because of the INT by Dalton, but even then they had to work their butt off to limit it to a FG, rather thna a TD.

So basically outside that opening drive where the defense was not ready to play, and that one freak blown coverage, we played some kick ass ball for 52 minutes on defense.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never defer in OT. It happened 1 time and it is now talked about everytime a show about NFL boneheads is on. You take the ball, everytime.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Which is why you defer in OT to get the wind at your back with our defense.

Jax had that opening 80 yard drive and that one single play of 74 yards. Outside that, the defense allowed 121 total yards and 3 points basically. The other 3 points was because of the INT by Dalton, but even then they had to work their butt off to limit it to a FG, rather thna a TD.

So basically outside that opening drive where the defense was not ready to play, and that one freak blown coverage, we played some kick ass ball for 52 minutes on defense.

Can't disagree. However, I couldn't fault Marvin for calling it either way had it come to that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's only the QB coach, and not the OC...but Brat is doing a bang-up job with Ryan down in ATL.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does he sit up in that booth the whole time, lol.

Matt Ryan doesn't need Brat to try and coach him, I'm sure of that.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that Atlanta upgraded its personnel and is much less explosive on offense than a year ago..... I think we should blame Brat.