• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OMT: The Masters 2024

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahm going back to back would be cool but I'm rooting for Matsuyama. I have a thousand great memories of the Masters but right up there at the top was Matsuyama's caddie bowing to the course on 18 green after they had defeated it acknowledging what a great foe it had been.
I would be OK with Hideki as well. A likable dude and yeah - that moment with his Caddy in 2021 was way cool.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont cheer for the Saudis, I cheer for the players. I always take politic out of sports. I find it really disengenuous to hate the players for doing business with the Saudis. Every major corporation in America does business with the Saudis, they are our principal alley in the middle east and every person in America does business with the Saudis when they put gasoline in their car. Why should it be different for golfers?. Why are they villified?

Its all this propaganda from the PGA about human rights and blah blah blah. The PGA showed me they are only worried about their influence in the game and their profitability when they made the June deal with the Saudis themselves

I dont cheer for the Saudis

Um, actually, yes you do:

just to stick it in the face of the arrogant PGA.

The question is, why do you deny it? What makes you reticent to do so? Is it your deeper understanding that cheering for the Saudis is distasteful?

I find it really disengenuous to hate the players for doing business with the Saudis.

Hate is a loaded word. John Rham never fucked my wife or stole money from me. As a fan I dislike him. His decision to participate in destroying the golf tour I've watched for decades is the reason.

every person in America does business with the Saudis when they put gasoline in their car.

I need gasoline. You can claim something stupid like I should ride a bicycle or something but I have no choice. If I could purchase gas from an American refinery I would. This is a weak whataboutism.

Its all this propaganda from the PGA about human rights and blah blah blah.

More dismissal. "Propaganda" and "blah blah blah" lets you off the hook. In reality the Saudis really are deplorable. They do really nasty shit.

The PGA showed me they are only worried about their influence in the game and their profitability when they made the June deal with the Saudis themselves

Their hand has been forced because the alternative is to lose the sport entirely. You never addressed my hypothetical about other sports. How would the same scenario play out if the Saudis created other leagues and threw big cash around to lure away all of our great players? They would similarly destroy those leagues.

Look, nobody's lily white here. There are less than stoic entities tied to all sorts of sports organizations including the PGA tour but the difference is that LIV is the sole construct of the Saudis. If they pulled out tomorrow, their tour would fold.

Norman, Mickleson, Koepka, Johnson....etc were already fabulously wealthy. Already fabulously wealthy and playing for cherished historical trophies. Because they feel the need to be greater than fabulously wealthy, and they want to play 54 holes in shorts, they'll take down the tour that made them that way. Now those trophies begin to tarnish because the fields are weaker.

I got a chuckle this week when Rham suggested that LIV should play 72 holes. Lol! Do he realize that LIV actually means 54?

Less work, more money, weak fields and you're cheering it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the opposite side of you.

You do realize that the Saudis could similarly fuck up every other sport. Imagine a Saudi MLB, NHL, NFL league that whisked away all of the top players.

What makes you cheer for them? If the powers that be resisted them in any other sport would you also call them arrogant?

It's not as easy for those 3 sports

They're finding that out in soccer also

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Monty is back lol

Let him stay guys

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love watching and playing golf. I hate the division in golf right now. Hoping for a resolution in the near future.

Guys I would love to see win:

Rickie
Min Woo Lee
Zalatoris
Keegan Bradley
Tom Kim
Jason Day
Thageela
Justin Rose
Adam Scott
Any Amatuer
Freddy Couples

Basically the "good guys" of golf.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus they already had teams in Saudi Arabia and soccer is a more popular sport.

I don't see them forming an attempt to compete in baseball or football. Basketball is possible I guess. But you would mostly see guys that are washed up end up over there I'm sure.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Saudis end up owning golf though. 51 percent ownership

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of my family are golfers,my best friend a golf pro.i,d rather walk in hail than Play/watch.

You hate golf... and you hate Trump.

Yet you are drawn to the golf forum... and Trump is constantly in your thoughts and posts.

You see the problem?

Instead of trying to let go of your hate, you are trying to feed it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus they already had teams in Saudi Arabia and soccer is a more popular sport.

I don't see them forming an attempt to compete in baseball or football. Basketball is possible I guess. But you would mostly see guys that are washed up end up over there I'm sure.

My query wasn't a prediction but more of a what-if hypothetical. The point being that any governing body of any sport would resist a Saudi take-over.

You hate golf... and you hate Trump.

Yet you are drawn to the golf forum... and Trump is constantly in your thoughts and posts.

You see the problem?

Instead of trying to let go of your hate, you are trying to feed it.

WTF? He didn't mention Trump. You did.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My query wasn't a prediction but more of a what-if hypothetical. The point being that any governing body of any sport would resist a Saudi take-over.

WTF? He didn't mention Trump. You did.

Ah okay I misunderstood.

I just think the big 3 and even NHL are harder to crack because of the ownership structure.

But point taken

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont cheer for the Saudis

Um, actually, yes you do:

just to stick it in the face of the arrogant PGA.

The question is, why do you deny it? What makes you reticent to do so? Is it your deeper understanding that cheering for the Saudis is distasteful?

I find it really disengenuous to hate the players for doing business with the Saudis.

Hate is a loaded word. John Rham never fucked my wife or stole money from me. As a fan I dislike him. His decision to participate in destroying the golf tour I've watched for decades is the reason.

every person in America does business with the Saudis when they put gasoline in their car.

I need gasoline. You can claim something stupid like I should ride a bicycle or something but I have no choice. If I could purchase gas from an American refinery I would. This is a weak whataboutism.

Its all this propaganda from the PGA about human rights and blah blah blah.

More dismissal. "Propaganda" and "blah blah blah" lets you off the hook. In reality the Saudis really are deplorable. They do really nasty shit.

The PGA showed me they are only worried about their influence in the game and their profitability when they made the June deal with the Saudis themselves

Their hand has been forced because the alternative is to lose the sport entirely. You never addressed my hypothetical about other sports. How would the same scenario play out if the Saudis created other leagues and threw big cash around to lure away all of our great players? They would similarly destroy those leagues.

Look, nobody's lily white here. There are less than stoic entities tied to all sorts of sports organizations including the PGA tour but the difference is that LIV is the sole construct of the Saudis. If they pulled out tomorrow, their tour would fold.

Norman, Mickleson, Koepka, Johnson....etc were already fabulously wealthy. Already fabulously wealthy and playing for cherished historical trophies. Because they feel the need to be greater than fabulously wealthy, and they want to play 54 holes in shorts, they'll take down the tour that made them that way. Now those trophies begin to tarnish because the fields are weaker.

I got a chuckle this week when Rham suggested that LIV should play 72 holes. Lol! Do he realize that LIV actually means 54?

Less work, more money, weak fields and you're cheering it.
Probably one of the most ridiculous and uninformed posts I've ever read from beginning to end. So filled with absurdity, I wouldn't even know where to start to refute your nonsensical assertions

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather delay looks like those with the later tee times may benefit when the winds die down

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably one of the most ridiculous and uninformed posts I've ever read from beginning to end. So filled with absurdity, I wouldn't even know where to start to refute your nonsensical assertions

I accept your complete and thorough surrender.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? He didn't mention Trump.

Not so far in this thread, but in other threads he constantly vents and feeds his hate for Trump.

When I discuss someone's posting history I am not limited to one thread.
Sorry if that upsets you.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so far in this thread, but in other threads he constantly vents and feeds his hate for Trump.

When I discuss someone's posting history I am not limited to one thread.
Sorry if that upsets you.

Nothing on this board "upsets" me. It's simply absurd that you're the one to bring up Trump to cast a stone about him being obsessed with Trump.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing on this board "upsets" me. It's simply absurd that you're the one to bring up Trump to cast a stone about him being obsessed with Trump.

LOL
So if someone else had brought it up, it would have been more true?