• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

omg where is Lionstop

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions really do find a way to draft Watkins, I'll be eating crow and crowing Lionstop the new King of the Lions draft predictors.

Please take a CB! :hope:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions really do find a way to draft Watkins, I'll be eating crow and crowing Lionstop the new King of the Lions draft predictors.

Please take a CB! :hope:

Raiders want to trade back in 1st Round
130768.jpg

Scout Inc.'s Todd McShay believes the Raiders would like to trade back in the first round.

McShay thinks Oakland would snap up UFC's Blake Bortles or Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater if either fell to No. 5. If neither does, they'll begin to work the phones in an effort to plug multiple roster holes, according to the analyst, who mentions WR Mike Evans, CB Justin Gilbert or OT Zack Martin as possible targets if they're able to consummate a swap. "If the Raiders are stuck here, I think they'll take the best player available, and in this scenario that would be either Greg Robinson or Watkins," McShay wrote. "I'll go with Watkins, who would bring big-play ability and an elite skill set at the receiver position."
Source: ESPN Insider
Mar 8 - 3:14 PM

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I'm here. I'm not sure why this is such a huge surprise. The draft is deep but everyone isn't Watkins either. Just like the Lions tried to move up for Peterson and a few others in the past, what's stopping them from trying again?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is a perfect fit for the scheme. He can stretch the field and play underneath.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it didn't "cost the world". If Clowney wasn't in this draft, Watkins would be hands down best player in the draft. I don't see any NFL #2 CB that would be able to hand him one on one. The safety's would have to play 20 yards deep and that is a great thing when you have Joquie Bell and Reggie Bush. Stafford could just see what the defense offers and call an audible to pass or run. If the safeties try and cheat by sneaking up after playing so deep. Just call a playaction fake have Sammy or CJ wide open all day.

More or less, I "wouldn't be angry" is the scenario I'm talking about. I'd give up something like a 3rd/6th or 3rd/5th at the most.

Way too much for the lions to be giving away right now. I almost always hate the idea of trading up a few spots to draft someone. I just see the draft as the best way to build a contender and trading away picks isnt what the lions need to be doing. I hated it when they traded up to draft best and leshoure. Waste.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it didn't "cost the world". If Clowney wasn't in this draft, Watkins would be hands down best player in the draft. I don't see any NFL #2 CB that would be able to hand him one on one. The safety's would have to play 20 yards deep and that is a great thing when you have Joquie Bell and Reggie Bush. Stafford could just see what the defense offers and call an audible to pass or run. If the safeties try and cheat by sneaking up after playing so deep. Just call a playaction fake have Sammy or CJ wide open all day.

More or less, I "wouldn't be angry" is the scenario I'm talking about. I'd give up something like a 3rd/6th or 3rd/5th at the most.

I can't believe how much love there is for Sammy Watkins. He is going to be a really good player, but do you honestly think he is going to be one of the elite WRs in the NFL? As I said in the thread about Watkins -- he isn't tall like a Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, etc. He is fast, but not sprinter fast, as he ranked 8th among the WR at the combine, so his speed is going to be pretty much the norm for NFL WRs. He didn't jump out of the gym in the vertical, as he ranked 28th among WR at 34 inches.

I think his best attributes are his quickness and his hands. If Watkins was as tall as Evans -- I'd say trade away picks for him, as he would be uncoverable one on one. He would fit perfect in the Lions offense as he has a lot of what Detroit needs in a WR, but Detroit can't afford to trade away draft picks.

I understand why fans are excited about the possibility of teaming CJ up with another elite talent on the opposite side, but one player isn't going to make the Lions a super bowl contender. They need multiple holes filled and they need depth, both of which would suffer by trading away draft picks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in total agreement with GVSU. Build through the draft along with acquire more picks THIS YEAR

We need to be seriously considering trading down into the 18-22 slots, IMO, picking up a couple 2014 4th round (maybe even a couple 2015 5th round within those), along with a 2014 3rd round... Target any of the following players, Gilbert, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Mosley, Dennard, or even Barr should he fall.

Even Mayhew giving up our 2013 4th round pick to Minny in trading up to Grab LB Whitehead in 2012 was a dumb move.. along with the others GVSU stated..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is a perfect fit for the scheme. He can stretch the field and play underneath.

Personally -- I think Brandon Cooks would be the perfect fit for our scheme. Why not draft the best player available at 10 and try to trade back into the bottom of the 1st round to get Cooks?

He blew Watkins away in the 40 and the 20 yard shuttle, finishing with the fastest times of any WR. He also was the fastest WR at the 60 yard shuttle and had a higher vertical than Watkins, giving him basically the same high point for a football, as he is 2 inches shorter.

I think Cooks could give the Lions a lot of what Watkins will and it would cost them less to trade back into the bottom of the 1st.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Mayhew giving up our 2013 4th round pick to Minny in trading up to Grab LB Whitehead in 2012 was a dumb move.. along with the others GVSU stated..

Don't forget about the draft pick we gave up to get Mike Thomas too. So we have given up draft picks for Mike Thomas, Jahvid Best, Mikel LeShoure and Tahir Whitehead. How has that worked out for us. UGH.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about the draft pick we gave up to get Mike Thomas too. So we have given up draft picks for Mike Thomas, Jahvid Best, Mikel LeShoure and Tahir Whitehead. How has that worked out for us. UGH.

THIS :10:

Mike Thomas :laugh3:
never attempt to bring in a WR, near mid-season, and expect it to work. It rarely does.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS :10:

Mike Thomas :laugh3:
never attempt to bring in a WR, near mid-season, and expect it to work. It rarely does.

Not sure if you were on the boards when mike thomas was picked up but he was extremely hyped up by a small percent of posters here. Those posters would hype up a turd in a jersey though if the lions signed it.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Evans and not trade away picks than Watkins and give away a 2nd or third.

Without much cap space the holes will have to be filled in the draft and a 2nd or third could translate to a Warford type center or Levy OLB.

Carr has been tearing it up during the workouts and this coming off the Senior Bowl and Combine almost guarantees 4 QBs go in the top 9.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you were on the boards when mike thomas was picked up but he was extremely hyped up by a small percent of posters here. Those posters would hype up a turd in a jersey though if the lions signed it.

No, I was not here at that time, but Mayhew should have known what a desperation move that would be.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Evans and not trade away picks than Watkins and give away a 2nd or third.

Without much cap space the holes will have to be filled in the draft and a 2nd or third could translate to a Warford type center or Levy OLB.

Carr has been tearing it up during the workouts and this coming off the Senior Bowl and Combine almost guarantees 4 QBs go in the top 9.

Exactly... However, the Center's in this years draft are not worthy of drafting prior to the beginning of the 4th round, IMO. Many of the talking heads have stated it's the weakest Center class in years but that team needs, as there are many this year, will dictate drafting a Center above their grade/ranking. Weston Richburg, Gabe Ikard and Tyler Larsen all have struggled to keep weight on during college.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you know Evans will be around at #10?