• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

olympics

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a really great game but at no point did I think USA was going to win. Even up 2-0 I was skeptical. And when Canada got that first one I knew it was going to OT. Especially after USA hit the post with the goalie pulled.

Brutal way to lose.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a pathetic way to lose the bronze medal game. Parise can take his broken thumb back to Minnesota. Why did they bench a solid, yet scrappy player in Dustin Brown? Quick is the only playe I can say something good about cause without him, the Canada game would have been 10-0 instead of 1-0. We seem to have beaten the lesser teams by a lot but struggled with the better teams. Russia doesn't play a team game and we probably should have lost that game. The game against the Czechs was good but their team isn't as good as it was years ago. So angry this team failed to medal.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
losing to canada it sucks but what is worse

is how they lost they didnt even show up. you can't score 1 goal with your entire country watching you?

then to lose today 5-0? wow thats just really an eye opening. makes you wonder was vancouver really just a blip on the radar?

both silver medal american teams in 02 and 10 were played on nhl sized ice. the olympic sizes of 06 and this year were international. 06 was a train wreck and everyone was high on this team because of vancouver. well they can beat the hell out of weaker teams but coming in against powerfull teams? not so much.

heck outside of beating canada in 10 during pool play the hardest team the USA beat that olympics was the finland squad. really isn't saying much if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
losing to canada it sucks but what is worse

is how they lost they didnt even show up. you can't score 1 goal with your entire country watching you?

then to lose today 5-0? wow thats just really an eye opening. makes you wonder was vancouver really just a blip on the radar?

both silver medal american teams in 02 and 10 were played on nhl sized ice. the olympic sizes of 06 and this year were international. 06 was a train wreck and everyone was high on this team because of vancouver. well they can beat the hell out of weaker teams but coming in against powerfull teams? not so much.

heck outside of beating canada in 10 during pool play the hardest team the USA beat that olympics was the finland squad. really isn't saying much if you ask me.

add on to this

they should just pull the plug on the nhl going to the olympics. even if usa won gold its really not just "exciting"hockey. its players being thrown together there is no fluid movement no cohesive play with your line mates. 2-1 1-0 games aren't saying much. i would rather the hockey teams be juniors. the world juniors are insane back and forth scoring and defense. here its just like defense defense defense. not because it wins golds its because its the only thing everyone can play after being thrown together for 2 weeks

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true that the quality of hockey being played isn't great for the star power that is there. Not sure what they should do. Canada even looks very beatable right now.

Thing I'm upset about is we struggled against Canada and Finland to score and a guy like Bobby Ryan isn't on the team. I realize his numbers aren't what they usually are but it doesn't make sense. He still has more than 20 goals and more than 20 assists. And he's playing his first season on a new team, in a new city. They should have considered things like this. The guy is a threat when he plays. He can't be feared if he's not on the roster.