• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

olympics

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watched some of the USA game thanks for the snow day. It was a great win but man just doesn't feel like hockey to me. I watched the Russia Slovenia game it was better. If I'm the coach of these weaker teams I would tell my guys hit hit hit hit it will catch the NHL players off guard thinking its flag hockey.

Excited for the game on Sat but come on outside of hardcore hockey fans who is waking up at 7am to watch this? I'm not one of those people who can watch a recorded game just doesn't feel the same.

Oh and seeing kovy rip one top shelf. Sigh it feels like I'm watching my ex kiss someone lol so depressing

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think The US team doesn't match up with Russia or Canada but Quick will keep them in every game.

I think it's fun to watch, plan on waking up early tomorrow

Everyone can hate on Kovy all they want, but he's still an elite player and this team won't get over his departure until another high caliber player is brought in here.

Which is not happening anytime soon!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The US can matchup against most teams. Russia's D is spotty and Quick has an advantage over anybody they have in net. Call me crazy, I have Patrick Kane in the 3 spot behind Crosby and OV. When the guy flips that switch and goes into beastmode he makes Jagr look like he can't stick handle. It's amazing watching Kane dance around defenders and basically do whatever he wants with the puck. I think the US has the advantage in net and on D, and our forwards who apparently can't score just put up 7 against a team comprised mostly of NHLers. I like our chances.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im expecting a USA win tomorrow..in some ways Id rather beat Russia then beat Canada for the gold.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shootout rules could use some tweaking but what a game. Pretty sure whoever reversed that third Russia goal is a dead man walking.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did the ref know the net was off if he did why not blow it dead

I kinda like the shoot out rules. Use the same guy why not

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kovy vs Oshie pretty much in that shootout.
Damn, hate Kovy for leaving but we could have used him badly. I would take him over Brunner, Ryder ,etc any day. The shootout goal he had where he dragged from right to left and flipped it softly over Quick was ridiculous.
Cup yea, lol, like watching your ex kiss somebody else.

Man that was a fun game this morning.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did the ref know the net was off if he did why not blow it dead

I kinda like the shoot out rules. Use the same guy why not

If those rules were in NHL, Lou, get Oshie and our shootout issues are solved.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Russians have had a really shit tourney so far.

IDK how the next round is going to look but I think Sweden and Finland have outplayed them by far.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens every tournament and I think it was Slava Fetisov that hit the nail on the head, they're not a team, they are individuals. On paper they look amazing, but at the end of the day they have absolutely no complimentary talent. All of their star players need the puck on their stick to be effective. Kovy, OV, Datsyuk, Malkin, etc. all make their living off of carrying the puck.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens every tournament and I think it was Slava Fetisov that hit the nail on the head, they're not a team, they are individuals. On paper they look amazing, but at the end of the day they have absolutely no complimentary talent. All of their star players need the puck on their stick to be effective. Kovy, OV, Datsyuk, Malkin, etc. all make their living off of carrying the puck.

No doubt a perfect way to describe them..not sure if Herb Brooks said it in real life but I remember a quote from him in the movie Miracle. The assistant coach says to him that he left a lot of the best players off the list of the players he picked. Herb responds that he isnt looking for the best players , he's looking for the right ones.

Safe to say that isnt the blueprint Russia has followed. Their D and goaltending has been better then I expected but cant see em getting too far.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah your right about the russians. they dont have any "role" players on their roster heck i can't think of one russian "role" player. look at a player like tj oshie who can get dirty on the boards and still put the puck in the net. canada usa to some degree the swede and lesser extent the finns have that.

one thing that is pretty crazy is the low scoring of some of these games. 1-0 for russia 2-1 canada swiss games have been shut outs. guess this kills the thinking of bigger ice in the nhl would mean more goals. teams will always find a way to shut things down to get wins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finland/Sweden is going to be a hell of a game.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this is one of the best case situations for the nhl to have these 4 teams in it.

4 legit rivals that should hate one another. then they will have them play again in the bronze medal game.

problem is the games are played on friday at 7am.

i get the nhl can't get money for this but they really should be able to have a voice on the days the games are.

push the games back to saturday then do the gold and bronze sunday early. everyone is happy

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow what a womens game.

shame how it ended but damn that was exciting!