• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Austin Walter of the Jets, DeeJay Dallas-Seahawks-Tony Jones -Saints? I get the Bills haven't used the ground game most of the season ( except Allen of course) but it's winter now and running the ball is going to make more sense to them and if I was in the playoffs the Bills RBs would make sense as depth over the trash on the WW where maybe ( but not likely) lighting strikes and for one week a pickup does....good enough.... but only for that week. Singletary will at least get you points every week ,likely like 9-10 with the possibility of doing better. With the plethora of injuries guys like Singletary are handy to own because most contending teams are also looking for help off the WW at RB so good luck with that.
Yep, went with Walter.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Austin Walter of the Jets, DeeJay Dallas-Seahawks-Tony Jones -Saints? I get the Bills haven't used the ground game most of the season ( except Allen of course) but it's winter now and running the ball is going to make more sense to them and if I was in the playoffs the Bills RBs would make sense as depth over the trash on the WW where maybe ( but not likely) lighting strikes and for one week a pickup does....good enough.... but only for that week. Singletary will at least get you points every week ,likely like 9-10 with the possibility of doing better. With the plethora of injuries guys like Singletary are handy to own because most contending teams are also looking for help off the WW at RB so good luck with that.
You make a good sensible argument but the price you asked for of me just didn't make sense for my team - win or lose. ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good sensible argument but the price you asked for of me just didn't make sense for my team - win or lose. ....
Well you didn’t have a second round pick ( which is what I asked most for) and asking for a first was to much and a third to little so my offer to you was much different and I was offering a first to bridge the gap for the player I was asking for. However I totally understand turning the offer down because picks are a pig in a poke, even a late first.

With Cook and Gibson healthy enough to play ( Cook put on a show) and Williams is going to be back from covid and you have McKissic so you don't really have the same situation, so it was a super long shot to try and work a deal out.
Trade deadline is Dec. 16 so if someone wants to deal I'm listening, but I'm OK with staying pat if the contenders are.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, went with Walter.
Walter a practice squad player who bounced from 49ers to Giants to XFL to 49ers and now the Jets. The Jets average 84 yards on the ground, only 2 other teams average less and don't see the Jets scoring much this week. Good luck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup the Patriots bottled up the run. Obviously were ready for the Bills to try to run the ball due to the weather. Heck passing wasn't a great options. The effort by the Bills was there, but against the Pats they just couldn't get it going. I feel they'll have better luck going forward and confident they be more run heavy then when the weather was sunny and nice.
Also that advice ( to stay away) is aimed at redrafts more so then dynasty where WW are mostly a hope and a pray.

Last edited:

Clemson74

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup the Patriots bottled up the run. Obviously were ready for the Bills to try to run the ball due to the weather. Heck passing wasn't a great options. The effort by the Bills was there, but against the Pats they just couldn't get it going. I feel they'll have better luck going forward and confident they be more run heavy then when the weather was sunny and nice.
Also that advice ( to stay away) is aimed at redrafts more so then dynasty where WW are mostly a hope and a pray.
You might be right, Bills rbs could break that 3 year streak of irrelevance and bust out over the next 3 weeks and you can just hold it over all of our heads for the rest of the year. I’ll be the first to say you were right. Even if that happens I’m not approving a trade for any of them though. Lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right, Bills rbs could break that 3 year streak of irrelevance and bust out over the next 3 weeks and you can just hold it over all of our heads for the rest of the year. I’ll be the first to say you were right. Even if that happens I’m not approving a trade for any of them though. Lol

FJax coming out of retirement?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you didn’t have a second round pick ( which is what I asked most for) and asking for a first was to much and a third to little so my offer to you was much different and I was offering a first to bridge the gap for the player I was asking for. However I totally understand turning the offer down because picks are a pig in a poke, even a late first.

With Cook and Gibson healthy enough to play ( Cook put on a show) and Williams is going to be back from covid and you have McKissic so you don't really have the same situation, so it was a super long shot to try and work a deal out.
Trade deadline is Dec. 16 so if someone wants to deal I'm listening, but I'm OK with staying pat if the contenders are.
Well my initial reaction was a counter, so I hit that button, then I got distracted walking down the empty streets of St. Thomas, and forgot to do anything with it. Looking this morning..I don't see anything I would offer that would be near the ball park of the initial offers.

Just so you're aware, since I normally include a message in the declination but didn't this time, that I did look into the offer. :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, of pretty much everyone, I can't fault someone for trying to make a deal. .... I've searched for a difference-maker TE or WR pretty much all season to no avail. .... but it doesn't stop me from trying - you get a :thumb: for the effort. ..

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, of pretty much everyone, I can't fault someone for trying to make a deal. .... I've searched for a difference-maker TE or WR pretty much all season to no avail. .... but it doesn't stop me from trying - you get a :thumb: for the effort. ..
Me too..I get one...and I promptly break him ... and just for good measure I do it to the RB too. :(

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter dude got sick this morning, not gonna play, woof

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this sums up this season. ..... too little too late.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for spoiling mine on your way out, you old asshole (jk, of course)
Looking like barring some miracles that it's going to be:

#1 TKO bye
#2 Fuzzy bye
#3 Treff vs. #6 Face
#4 Monkey vs. #5 Bandit

So I guess we'll see you next week Monkey.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like barring some miracles that it's going to be:

#1 TKO bye
#2 Fuzzy bye
#3 Treff vs. #6 Face
#4 Monkey vs. #5 Bandit

So I guess we'll see you next week Monkey.
So this all held true. Interesting note is that Treff ended up winning the division by a point over Face but they were playing each other anyway so it didn't matter. Face scored 223.02 points and started Derwin James who didn't play in one IDP spot. If he had anybody that played in that spot, there's a good chance he steals high weekly score for the year away from TKO who had 225.54 in week 5. As far as the draft picks go next year:

#1 pick Barilko with 1700.24 points (he will also get his team renamed for the entire off-season by the winner)
#2 pick Sam & Wil with 1790.84 points (this pick belongs to Harold)
#3 pick Stomp with 1844.42 points
#4 pick Harold with 1915.08 points (this pick belongs to Smitty)
#5 pick Smitty with 1936.32 points
#6 pick Lefty with 2053.92 points

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this all held true. Interesting note is that Treff ended up winning the division by a point over Face but they were playing each other anyway so it didn't matter. Face scored 223.02 points and started Derwin James who didn't play in one IDP spot. If he had anybody that played in that spot, there's a good chance he steals high weekly score for the year away from TKO who had 225.54 in week 5. As far as the draft picks go next year:

#1 pick Barilko with 1700.24 points (he will also get his team renamed for the entire off-season by the winner)
#2 pick Sam & Wil with 1790.84 points (this pick belongs to Harold)
#3 pick Stomp with 1844.42 points
#4 pick Harold with 1915.08 points (this pick belongs to Smitty)
#5 pick Smitty with 1936.32 points
#6 pick Lefty with 2053.92 points
Well that`s just `Hoserific``