• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old Duke's Final Mock

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to submit this to my newspaper today so that they can get into the Sunday paper. I'm sure that things will change between now and then, but here goes. This won't appear the way it was on an Excel spreadsheet. Hope you can figure it out. My goal is to get the players picked in the 1st round. It is impossible to match them up with the exact teams because the teams don't even know how it plays out.

TEAM PLAYER POSITION COLLEGE
1 CINCINNATI JOE BURROW QB LSU
2 WASHINGTON CHASE YOUNG EDGE OHIO ST.
3 DETROIT JEFF OKUDAH CB OHIO ST.
4 NY GIANTS ISAIAH SIMMONS LB CLEMSON
5 MIAMI TUA TAGOVAILOA QB ALABAMA
6 LA CHARGERS JUSTIN HERBERT QB OREGON
7 CAROLINA JEDRICK WILLS T ARIZONA
8 ARIZONA TRISTAN WIRFS T IOWA
9 JACKSONVILLE DERRICK BROWN DT AUBURN
10 CLEVELAND ANDREW THOMAS T GEORGIA
11 NY JETS JERRY JEUDY WR ALABAMA
12 LAS VEGAS CEEDEE LAMB WR OKLAHOMA
13 SAN FRANCISCO JAVON KINLAW DL S. CAROLINA
14 TAMPA JOSH JONES T HOUSTON
15 DENVER HENRY RUGGS WR ALABAMA
16 ATLANTA K'LAVON CHAISSON EDGE LSU
17 DALLAS C.J. HENDERSON CB FLORIDA
18 MIAMI XAVIER MCKINNEY S ALABAMA
19 LAS VEGAS KRISTIAN FULTON CB LSU
20 JACKSONVILLE TREVON DIGGS CB ALABAMA
21 PHILADELPHIA JUSTIN JEFFERSON WR LSU
22 BUFFALO DENZEL MIMS WR BAYLOR
23 NEW ENGLAND JORDAN LOVE QB UTAH ST.
24 NEW ORLEANS KENNETH MURRAY LB OKLAHOMA
25 MINNESOTA MEKHI BECTON T LOUISVILLE
26 MIAMI AUSTIN JACKSON T USC
27 SEATTLE KETUR GROSS-MATOS EDGE PENN ST.
28 BALTIMORE PATRICK QUEEN LB LSU
29 TENNESSEE A.J. TERRELL CB CLEMSON
30 GREEN BAY A.J.EPENESA EDGE IOWA
31 SAN FRANCISCO ZACH BAUN EDGE WISCONSIN
32 KANSAS CITY CESAR RUIZ C MICHIGAN
Note: Expect numerous trades that will change some teams and the order of this Draft).

OK. Give it to me!!

Reactions: Rey

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami takes Herbert. Tagovailoa is going to slip a bit IMO. I just don't get the hype on him. I guess he can improvise and that is good. But I don't like his arm angle and body mechanics when throwing. It looks awkward. I agree SF needs DL more than WR. They can pick up a WR later. Not sure Jets go WR, they desperately need OL. Sam Darnold needs protection. The more I think (with my limited brain, not a whole lot) I can see the Eagles going LB. I know there are the big 2-3 WR but maybe the opposite happens and everyone puts drafting WR off and takes other players?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles are working on deals with the Jets, and Cleveland to move up. Just a hunch. Also, if just get one early WR, maybe we trade for another like Stills.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good to me. We get Jefferson. :thumb:

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles are working on deals with the Jets, and Cleveland to move up. Just a hunch. Also, if just get one early WR, maybe we trade for another like Stills.
I really don’t think it’s a good idea to give up the store for 1 player although the prospect of a true #1 WR sounds great.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just informed that my picks will no longer be published, as they're "running out of space"! Humbug. they were turning into a tabloid, since very few people read newspapers nowadays anymore. I'll still do my picks anyway. Just an old habit. I start with the NFL Network on Monday. Just kidding!

:lol:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just informed that my picks will no longer be published, as they're "running out of space"! Humbug. they were turning into a tabloid, since very few people read newspapers nowadays anymore. I'll still do my picks anyway. Just an old habit. I start with the NFL Network on Monday. Just kidding!

Bummer old duke, but I didn't read that paper anyway.:D

Thanks for posting them here!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great year for OT ... you might see as many as 8 of them off the board in Rd 1 (not even counting interior guys like Ruiz). Ezra Cleveland from Boise State, Isaiah Wilson from Georgia are two other guys not mentioned with a legit shot to go. That bodes well for us if we are hoping for one of those top 3 WR's to drop a bit as many teams ahead of us seem to have a need at OT. In most cases getting a top prospect at OT trumps getting a top prospect at WR when both are needs.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you don’t mind staying with the “tabloid” feel I’m sure you can write these for ESPN lol.
Sorry to hear that news OD!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t mind staying with the “tabloid” feel I’m sure you can write these for ESPN lol.
Sorry to hear that news OD!

Thanks Orlando! I'll p[it both networks against each other, to get the best deal! I won't be cheap! :lol: