• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma State Running Back Chubba Hubbard is triggered, not gonna play this year I guess

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More players are coming out.. I doubt a tee shirt would be the SOLE reason for Chuba to tweet that.. I'm pretty sure there's been other questionable things going on and this just took it over the top with everything that's going on today?

I guess I just don't understand the outrage over someone having a difference of opinion as "you" is Gundy not entitled to have his own opinion? So this young football player now puts his head coaches job in Jeopardy because he doesn't like his opinion you think that's acceptable?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m ignorant here. What is OAN?
Basically imagine AG and NinerSickness starting their own news network, then hiring Q and 4chan to get all their stories and then having Juice be their lead anchor

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically imagine AG and NinerSickness starting their own news network, then hiring Q and 4chan to get all their stories and then having Juice be their lead anchor

So it’s a conservative version of cnn and other msm news?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So,

OSU has had ongoing problems and they decide to make a point now. Or they are triggered by a T-Shirt?

Don't play I am sure that will help your draft position.

I always question when someone tries to be part of the story. I definitely question the motives. if more exist than a T-Shirt let it rip. You already started the story.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't understand the outrage over someone having a difference of opinion as "you" is Gundy not entitled to have his own opinion? So this young football player now puts his head coaches job in Jeopardy because he doesn't like his opinion you think that's acceptable?
Apparently Gundy had a negative opinion with a certain player wearing cut off sleeves and a doo rag

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tshirt is likely just the last straw. Gundy has multiple interviews talking about how OAN is a channel he really likes. Seems stupid to me to get worked up over it though. I mean you signed to play CFB for a guy with a mullet in Stillwater, OK.

Did you think he was a liberal?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More players are coming out.. I doubt a tee shirt would be the SOLE reason for Chuba to tweet that.. I'm pretty sure there's been other questionable things going on and this just took it over the top with everything that's going on today?

Did you ever get to see two guys tied together in boot camp because they couldn't get along? We had two guys who fucking hated each other. Sgt. Muldoon tied them together with about 6 feet of rope between them They had j..u..s..t enough rope to lay in their racks next to each other. All day and night they were tied together. When one of them took a shit, the other one got to smell it. This was really inconvenient when trying to go over those damn log walls and crawling under the barbed wire. After a couple of days they didn't hate each other nearly as much as they hated Muldoon. It must have been about the 5th day or so and they were laughing about something. It was the next day when the rope came off and everything went back to "normal". No more arguments or fighting. And you can bet none of the rest of us wanted any of that rope stuff either. End result: the black guy and the white guy shaking hands on the parade deck.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So,

OSU has had ongoing problems and they decide to make a point now. Or they are triggered by a T-Shirt?

Don't play I am sure that will help your draft position.

I always question when someone tries to be part of the story. I definitely question the motives. if more exist than a T-Shirt let it rip. You already started the story.
Covid will affect his draft position more than him sitting out and he could just do the supplemental draft if it hasn't already taken place... And if not i'm sure a school like tosu would take him as a one season renter at RB.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s a conservative version of cnn and other msm news?
Hyper conservative. They traffic in a lot of conspiracy theory.

Their lead anchors sign off is literally

" just remember, even when im wrong im right"

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tshirt is likely just the last straw. Gundy has multiple interviews talking about how OAN is a channel he really likes. Seems stupid to me to get worked up over it though. I mean you signed to play CFB for a guy with a mullet in Stillwater, OK.

Did you think he was a liberal?
Maybe they see what the players at UT and Clemson did and now know they can actually voice their opinions?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they see what the players at UT and Clemson did and now know they can actually voice their opinions?
And Iowa and others. Its just starting

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyper conservative. They traffic in a lot of conspiracy theory.

Their lead anchors sign off is literally

" just remember, even when im wrong im right"

so they’re literally a hyper conservative cnn

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/oklaho...of-cowboy-football-there-are-consequences/amp

“And Hubbard isn’t just a great player. He’s beloved by his teammates. They appreciate his willingness to work hard and deflect praise. They saw how many times he carried the football last season, how he got banged up and how he never once complained about anything. That carries a ton of weight in the locker room.

Now, he’s saying something needs to CHANGE.

Hubbard was among the current players who lent their faces and voices to a video recently released calling for America to address issues of police brutality and systemic racism. Hubbard appeared along with fellow football players Landon Wolf, Dillon Stoner and Kolby Harvell-Peel. Also on the video were defensive coordinator Jim Knowles and offensive line coach Charlie Dickey as well as men’s basketball coach Mike Boynton.

But Hubbard was the closer.

“Black lives do matter,” he said in the final moments of the video, “and we will bring change together whether you’re with us or not.”

That video was released last Thursday.“

He doesn't sound like a soft man to me.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@scotsman1948 and @BigFin wanna come in and drop facepalms but not actually contribute to the conversation

You're only my 6th facpalm all year. Congrats.

The statement was so nonsensical, it didn't warrant a rebuttal. Standing up for himself against a coach who like to watch a different news network? Standing up for himself against a coach who views the world differently? Was Chubbard being oppressed?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're only my 6th facpalm all year. Congrats.

The statement was so nonsensical, it didn't warrant a rebuttal. Standing up for himself against a coach who like to watch a different news network? Standing up for himself against a coach who views the world differently? Was Chubbard being oppressed?

how dare gundy give him so much playing time he was a top 3 round pick in the draft and he chose to stay...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everclear was my drink of choice in college

I had my share of it in the Air Force. Purple Jesus transcends military and collegiate gaps of allegiance. At least it did in Abilene, Texas.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't any of us fine people on this beautiful board now would it?