• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKC/Lakers series...

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A. is so close from being up 3-1 instead on OKC.
But like they say, the better team always wins in a 7-game series.
It seems that OKC is thee better team.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can't wait to hear that feg Magic Johnson cry some more.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Lakers roster was lucky to get out of the last round. I've said this to Lakers homers for the last 3 years - this is NOT a team that is capable of contending for a title. They just don't have the pieces for it.

So who do they trade for next year? I'm guessing Gasol and Bynum are both traded if they are serious about trying to get Kobe one more ring. Otherwise they are headed for the bottom of the western conference for years after Kobe is done.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old girl.

If he'd get his head out of his ass....make some room for his balls to drop, he might be an alright center.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old girl.

If he'd get his head out of his ass....make some room for his balls to drop, he might be an alright center.

:nod:
He could be the best center in the league.
But if he never grows up, he never will be.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was doing quite a bit of ball-hogging in that 2nd half though. So I think it's hard to blame Bynum for his sub-par 2nd half performance.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum will never be the best center in the league. He's just proof of how watered down that position has become. He's pathetic.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum will never be the best center in the league. He's just proof of how watered down that position has become. He's pathetic.

That too. But don't tell Aggie. He's Dwight Howard's biggest fanboy. Aggie takes pride in thinking that a Magic player is the best in the league at something.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was doing quite a bit of ball-hogging in that 2nd half though. So I think it's hard to blame Bynum for his sub-par 2nd half performance.

I wasn't blaming him.

I just hate the stupid little half-assed smirk thats always on his face.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Charles Barkley.

He is a breath of fresh air when it comes to the TV.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't blaming him.

I just hate the stupid little half-assed smirk thats always on his face.

Yea I know what you're saying. Sky's the limit for him. I can't believe he's only 24 years old. He's got a long career ahead of him. But it's too bad he acts like he's 14.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too. But don't tell Aggie. He's Dwight Howard's biggest fanboy. Aggie takes pride in thinking that a Magic player is the best in the league at something.

Dude, I grew up watching Kareem, Ewing, Tree, Olajuwon......REAL centers that all would DESTROY both Bynum and Howard. In the late 80s and early 90s, Howard and Bynum would be bench players or nobodies. It's like watching heavyweight boxing.....everybody sucks now.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I grew up watching Kareem, Ewing, Tree, Olajuwon......REAL centers that all would DESTROY both Bynum and Howard. In the late 80s and early 90s, Howard and Bynum would be bench players or nobodies. It's like watching heavyweight boxing.....everybody sucks now.

Same here.

Manute Bol

LOL

I remember being in aw of Manute. Tall SOB.:lol:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeah! Well, I remember watching Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain. Oh god, I'm old...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Lakers roster was lucky to get out of the last round. I've said this to Lakers homers for the last 3 years - this is NOT a team that is capable of contending for a title. They just don't have the pieces for it.

So who do they trade for next year? I'm guessing Gasol and Bynum are both traded if they are serious about trying to get Kobe one more ring. Otherwise they are headed for the bottom of the western conference for years after Kobe is done.

Gasol is gone. I think Houston is still high on him so maybe they can get Scola, Martin, whatever else pieces for him. I'd keep Bynum unless the offer is just too good (like Howard, not likely, but that's the caliber I'm talking about). You admit the league is watered down with centers. It's true. But he is the 2nd best center. It's still hard to get good value for him

As far as the game last night is concerned, I'm still pissed. LA has given away 2 games for the same shit. They ran no offense down the stretch and it killed them. Lakers got up by feeding Bynum. Even if he doesn't score, it slows the game down and you can still get shots for others. Both in game 2 and 4, OKC adjusted by having Perk front Bynum making it difficult for Bynum to get the ball. What does Mike Brown do counter this? NOT A DAMN THING. Every time LA gets lost, passes between Gasol and Artest, who look totally lost, before finally Kobe gets the ball going 1 vs 3. You can see the game slipping, Brown sits there not calling a TO or anything, content to watch the team self destruct.

I'm pissed at Gasol too. With 30 seconds left, tie game, they run a screen with Kobe & Gasol. OKC doubles Kobe, Gasol is wide open for a FT length jumper. Kobe passes him the ball. Gasol even has enough room to take a dribble for a shorter shot if he wants. Bynum is underneath the hoop for a rebound off a miss or an open lay in if his man rotates in on Gasol for the block. Does Gasol do any of this? No. He pussies out and throws a cross court pass that's picked off. :L

And lastly, Kevin Durant is just filthy.