• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK MSU - it's your turn for M&B criticism. Wins Cotton Bowl -- puts UM score on rings

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing about numbers is that they are infinite.
So under you're current theory of numbers being great . Combined with the number of points scored being greater than the number if points michigan scored . Putting that score on the ring is a tribute to mathematics and a good thing

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: they would break 50 easy on Michigan
I find that hard to believe given the college football national champions only put up 42 on us. Which, in case you didn't notice, is the same they put up on both Oregon and Alabama. So I highly doubt a mediocre USC team would score 50+ on Michigan this year. Only a few teams in our history have ever scored 50 on us.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that hard to believe given the college football national champions only put up 42 on us. Which, in case you didn't notice, is the same they put up on both Oregon and Alabama. So I highly doubt a mediocre USC team would score 50+ on Michigan this year. Only a few teams in our history have ever scored 50 on us.
Michigan can't run with the SC WRs Kessler would have a field day

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, you think Michigan defense is as good as Oregon or Alabama's?

:lol:

You are just sprinkled with stupid.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think Michigan defense is as good as Oregon or Alabama's?

:lol:

You are just sprinkled with stupid.

Nope. But they were pretty good last year statistically and didn't get blown up any worse than either of those teams so I doubt USC could have done better....that was the point. I'm not sure how you got what you got out of it. It was one of the bright spots last year. And as other have pointed out, they weren't challenged much in the B10 so their stats likely suggest they are better than they were but they were certainly no slouch.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But they were pretty good last year statistically and didn't get blown up any worse than either of those teams so I doubt USC could have done better....that was the point. I'm not sure how you got what you got out of it. It was one of the bright spots last year. And as other have pointed out, they weren't challenged much in the B10 so their stats likely suggest they are better than they were but they were certainly no slouch.

Not sure how I got that? You compared the scores of your team to that of Alabama and Oregon as the reason why USC wouldn't put up 50 on you. What the hell reason would have you have to bring them up otherwise?

Btw, Alabama's defense was as bad as any defense we've had in years. We had converted WR's playing CB.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I got that? You compared the scores of your team to that of Alabama and Oregon as the reason why USC wouldn't put up 50 on you. What the hell reason would have you have to bring them up otherwise?

Btw, Alabama's defense was as bad as any defense we've had in years. We had converted WR's playing CB.
Because that's all he's got to hang on is comparing scores . Put USC on the field with michigan and USC puts up fifty.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There ain't nothing wrong with converting a WR to CB, Saban just ain't good at doing it.
kickerdead-0.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ain't nothing wrong with converting a WR to CB, Saban just ain't good at doing it.
kickerdead-0.gif

I think the standards are a little different in terms of what is expected out of them and the system they have to learn. You really gotta be able to handle yourself alone to play CB for Saban, and they are complicated defenses. Otherwise, we would have played our 2 5 star freshman QB's that have crazy speed/talent.

Slyve got abused by White/WVU and poor guy didn't see the field again until the last game of the regular season against Auburn when Williams was getting outrun.

Cyrus Jones will likely be a starting CB again next year, he came around pretty good and was our best CB last year. And then probably the 2 new guys will be on the other side. I think all the other CB's are being moved to safety.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the standards are a little different in terms of what is expected out of them and the system they have to learn. You really gotta be able to handle yourself alone to play CB for Saban, and they are complicated defenses. Otherwise, we would have played our 2 5 star freshman QB's that have crazy speed/talent.

Slyve got abused by White/WVU and poor guy didn't see the field again until the last game of the regular season against Auburn when Williams was getting outrun.

Cyrus Jones will likely be a starting CB again next year, he came around pretty good and was our best CB last year. And then probably the 2 new guys will be on the other side. I think all the other CB's are being moved to safety.
It was more of an excuse to post that gif. I think it's even better than the Clowney hit, but I am slightly biased.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My comment was suggesting that we did just as good as some really darn good teams against the best team in college football. Obviously we were not Alabama or Oregon but OSU's 42 points was the most put up on our defense last year. The 2nd highest was to a team that won the Cotton Bowl. Add onto that, that USC only scored 50+ one time last year and it was against Fresno St., I just don't think it's reasonable to think that scoring 50+ on Michigan would have been likely last year or this year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's all he's got to hang on is comparing scores . Put USC on the field with michigan and USC puts up fifty.
Highly unlikely. USC only did so against Fresno State. Michigan is likely to improve more than USC over last year -- simply because Michigan has more room to improve. So I'd argue that it would remain highly unlikely this year as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:..."Only put 42 up on us." It's hilarious how good you think Crazy Jimbo's Crew will be in '15. You have started you excuse list right? Because you're gonna need it. meeeechegan will do this, meeeechegan will do that..."We got Harbaugh!". Blah-blah-blah...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:..."Only put 42 up on us." It's hilarious how good you think Crazy Jimbo's Crew will be in '15. You have started you excuse list right? Because you're gonna need it. meeeechegan will do this, meeeechegan will do that..."We got Harbaugh!". Blah-blah-blah...

How good do you think I think they will be next year? The fact that I think they'll be able to not let USC score 50 points on us is not much of an indication of greatness.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good do you think I think they will be next year? The fact that I think they'll be able to not let USC score 50 points on us is not much of an indication of greatness.

meeeechegan doesn't play USC this year...maybe you don't know that. It makes no sense for you to be going after them. You ran your mouth all day yesterday about them as well. I pointed out that over the last 6 years (the exact time frame you mentioned yesterday) that they have more W's, more bowl W's & fewer losses in that time than meeeechegan. And after stating those facts you still won't shut the fuck up. If you're gonna try & attack a team pick a team that's actually worse over that 6 year period than your Boyz. Not a team that's had more success.