• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK MSU - it's your turn for M&B criticism. Wins Cotton Bowl -- puts UM score on rings

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fucks at espn stole my analysis of USC in their prduc
I think MSU fans are overestimating Michigan fan's excitement when Hoke was hired.
i think Michigan fans are overestimating harbaugh being hired. You've got a very long way to go to reach USC's level and they did it with sanctions that's impressive

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Michigan fans are overestimating harbaugh being hired.

I think USC underestimated Jim Harbaugh. He beat them regularly, and at least few of those teams were clearly inferior (especially if you go by recruiting rankings):

2007: Stanford (4-8) 24 USC (11-2) 23
2009: Stanford (8-5) 55 USC (9-4) 21
2010: Stanford (12-1) 37 USC (8-5) 35

Also, a team filled with Harbaugh players beat USC in 2011 and 2012.

Harbaugh was a disaster for USC during and after he turned the Stanford program around. Especially given the fact that Stanford hadn't beaten USC in a LONG time before Harbaugh came to town. (and lost by 6 TD's the season before Harbaugh beat them)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think USC underestimated Jim Harbaugh. He beat them regularly, and at least few of those teams were clearly inferior (especially if you go by recruiting rankings):

2007: Stanford (4-8) 24 USC (11-2) 23
2009: Stanford (8-5) 55 USC (9-4) 21
2010: Stanford (12-1) 37 USC (8-5) 35

Also, a team filled with Harbaugh players beat USC in 2011 and 2012.

Harbaugh was a disaster for USC during and after he turned the Stanford program around. Especially given the fact that Stanford hadn't beaten USC in a LONG time before Harbaugh came to town. (and lost by 6 TD's the season before Harbaugh beat them)
Booty and Sanchez blew games to worse teams than Stanford I was never a fan of either. The loss with Barkley at QB was the result of an awful Kiffen judgement call and a clock error. And that was against the 2012 team. I think michigan fans are over estimating harbaugh but you'll see it for yourself. Those SC teams were on sanctions :L

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a local article in the Detroit Free press. I did not just come up with the idea on my own. And yes, it's petty. They put a score of an irrelevant game on a bowl ring. Can you reference a time where that has ever been done?

A rivalry game is irrelevant?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they can do what they want does not mean that their choices are not petty as well. I wasn't making anything into anything. I was passing on an article, and topic, that appeared in our state-wide, nationally published, newspaper. And even to that, all I was saying is that -- "They are better than that". The horror, I know. To suggest that MSU is a better team now and they shouldn't be, and have to, do things like this.

You seem butthurt a lot. Maybe you should get some ointment for that.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booty and Sanchez blew games to worse teams than Stanford I was never a fan of either. The loss with Barkley at QB was the result of an awful Kiffen judgement call and a clock error. And that was against the 2012 team. I think michigan fans are over estimating harbaugh but you'll see it for yourself. Those SC teams were on sanctions :L

C'mon now, look at the talent on both sides of the ball during the Harbaugh years at Stanford. Sanctions or not, USC had no business losing to many of those Stanford teams. Harbaugh beat them in year 1, and Stanford had a pretty bad program at the time. USC was MUCH higher rated in recruiting than Stanford was the entire time Harbaugh coached there, and still lost 3 out of 4 to him, as well as, losing 2 in a row to Stanford after Harbaugh left (playing with Harbaugh's guys).

Seriously, why do you think Harbaugh isn't that good of a coach? His record as a head coach is pretty impressive, and his success in the NFL was quite amazing after taking over SF. What makes you think that Harbaugh is over rated?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is bookmarked for every time Michigan plays MSU now. IMO if MSU gets another ring they should engrave a pic of the blake oneil fumble on it
Hopefully they'll put an asterisk on this year's ring.