• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok, I understand that Negativity is the theme of the week.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But unless this team loses one of the next three games ( I know a lot of you are pointing towards Illinois. But really? It's fucking Illinois!) this coaching staff is going to be here until the end of the season.

I am by no means a Bo apologists. I actually called for his head last season in a drunken rant. To which i was met with anger from a few who are now calling for his head.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/nebraska-cornhuskers/82678-officially-onboard-firing-bo-3.html

I'm not trying to say I had the Jump on some of you. I said in a post earlier this week that "I don't want him fired. I want him to win." and that is precisely how I feel. If he's here until December I plan on supporting him and hoping for the best. I wouldn't blame you for all for calling me naive, but it's still fucking September and I'm not ready to give up on the season yet. So I'm hanging on to hope. Hope that things fall in to place, hope that Bo finally matures as a coach and hope that this team will finally make us proud again.

I find that a more pleasant situation than starting all over again as unrealistic as it sounds.

GBR Let's do this shit.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Bo keeps Papuchis and refuses to go out and hire a proven coordinator that will have full control of the defense, I am done with Bo.

Fire Papuchis now and ensure everyone you are on a search, might bring my faith back.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I forget to say Fuck Bo?

oops.

Fuck Bo!!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As long as Bo keeps Papuchis and refuses to go out and hire a proven coordinator that will have full control of the defense, I am done with Bo.

Fire Papuchis now and ensure everyone you are on a search, might bring my faith back.

Mac Brown didn't have any problem firing his def. Coordinator during the season, why should Bo?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin had no problem firing their offensive line coach in 2012 early in the season.

Mack Brown might get a chance to fire Greg Robinson after tonight.

After the game, Papuchis did not look comfortable walking off the field. I wonder why?

Fire Papuchis.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
Between Bo and his DC, neither has a clue how to stop certain offensive spreads. Every last team that we've played has pretty much beat us up front with the same type of crap and we've only won games primarily because we played three teams that had far less talent than we did. Papuchis isn't the only problem when you have a HC whose history and background and reputaion was built on his defensive knowledge.

I will continue to support the team but after watching todays game and seeing SDSU have some success (again) against our defense, I'll stand by two things I've said----Probably looking at 6 losses----Bo must go.

GBR

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Between Bo and his DC, neither has a clue how to stop certain offensive spreads. Every last team that we've played has pretty much beat us up front with the same type of crap and we've only won games primarily because we played three teams that had far less talent than we did. Papuchis isn't the only problem when you have a HC whose history and background and reputaion was built on his defensive knowledge.
I will continue to support the team but after watching todays game and seeing SDSU have some success (again) against our defense, I'll stand by two things I've said----Probably looking at 6 losses----Bo must go.

GBR

Yeah, that's why I specify that Bo needs to hire a proven DC.

Bo is certainly as much a part of the piss poor defense as is Papuchis. I say live by Papuchis, die by Papuchis.

Bo is right there with HWSNBN with me. I'm done with him but he has an opportunity to make sweeping changes to buy until the end of the year. More blowouts and status quo, he can GTFO.

With HWSNBN it was fire Cosgrove or GTFO. He opted to stick with Cos and I expect the same from Bo.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Zook is available now. He's working at a bank. lol

I'm surprised Mack Brown didn't go after him. Brown opted to go with someone he was familiar with.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this may be my currently optimistic stance, But I thought the D played 3 good quarters today. To me it seemed like they may have been too amped up in the 1st qtr today. And yes, coming out flat is not something new, also it was an FCS team, but I thought they calmed down and played good D for the last 45 mins.

I know you really can't take much from this game, But aside from the 1st qtr D it was as expected.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antone, glad you are looking at the glass as half full. You balance out my negativity.

FCS SDSU had 465 yards. Their running back, Zach Zenner, ran for 202 yards.

Southern Miss, FBS, had 284 yards, then Nebraska played UCLA. oops.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antone, glad you are looking at the glass as half full. You balance out my negativity.

FCS SDSU had 465 yards. Their running back, Zach Zenner, ran for 202 yards.

Southern Miss, FBS, had 284 yards, then Nebraska played UCLA. oops.

Well like I said:

SDSU had 1/2 of their yards in the 1st Qtr
Zenner had 3/4 of his yards in the 1st Qtr

It was a slow start, and vs Michigan or OSU (yeah, I'm dreaming) that would be disastrous, but there are glimpses of how good the D can be.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you really can't take much from this game, But aside from the 1st qtr D it was as expected.
-------
No offense antone, but what "D".

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I specify that Bo needs to hire a proven DC.

Bo is certainly as much a part of the piss poor defense as is Papuchis. I say live by Papuchis, die by Papuchis.

Bo is right there with HWSNBN with me. I'm done with him but he has an opportunity to make sweeping changes to buy until the end of the year. More blowouts and status quo, he can GTFO.

With HWSNBN it was fire Cosgrove or GTFO. He opted to stick with Cos and I expect the same from Bo.[/QUOTE

-------
If Bo goes are we going to go with HWSNBN--1 & HWSNBN--2. Both HCs seem to lack any knowledge for the defensive side of the ball. What pissed me off this game was the number of tackles attempted by us around the shoulders. HELLO? That alone could kill us for the rest of the year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo's just chasing his tail on this.

He should have junked what he learned in the NFL 10 years ago on Jan 2nd and sent his staff down to some schools that are having success defensively to learn what they're doing.

It's beginning to look like the blue print to exploit his defense is being passed around among other HC's. Wisky, Georgia, Wyoming, UCLA, SDSU.

The time for change was Jan 2nd thru Aug 30th. It's too late now.

I see more blow-outs on the way when Big 10 play gets underway and the competition gets tougher than Wyoming, So Miss, and SDSU.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo said he felt it was their "best rhythm that they've had offensively" and "their worst performance defensively". That is what I saw as well.

I'm glad to see he's finally being honest about the product on the field.

In the past he'd have had an attitude with the reporters and came out with the quip about "what matters is how many points are on the scoreboard".

Those 20 SDSU points are not indicative of how poorly the defense played today.

Maybe Bo is finally getting it? I'll be convinced when he fires Papuchis.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo: "Trouble getting off blocks"

Dobson.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo said he felt it was their "best rhythm that they've had offensively" and "their worst performance defensively". That is what I saw as well.

I'm glad to see he's finally being honest about the product on the field.

In the past he'd have had an attitude with the reporters and came out with the quip about "what matters is how many points are on the scoreboard".

Those 20 SDSU points are not indicative of how poorly the defense played today.

Maybe Bo is finally getting it? I'll be convinced when he fires Papuchis.

this does need to happen --- JP is way in over his head as a DC

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo: "It starts on us coaches"

:nod:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo: "I don't have an explanation on it"

Huh?

After 3 years of poor tackling, not executing, and blown assignments you still have no explanation?

Fire Papuchis and hire a real experienced defensive coordinator. Yesterday already. Get the fuck rid of him.