• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok Consider Me Sold on Banker

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska Blackshirts Defense: You'll Like Mark Banker's Style

Changed my mind. Me likey.

No more dancing bears. No more dual threat QB's doing whatever they want.

I'll take the occasional bust in coverage from a corner over seeing a dual threat QB or a Melvin Gordon type play Tecmo Superbowl all night.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense plays much more to our personnel strengths is what I'm trying to say.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it works thad be great, if not I no like

Players are quick to make excuses for that shit they called Hell in a Helmet lol last year so I'm a bit reluctant to get all boned up on their quotes about the new system

Banks is a big ? For me yet insofar as coaching production

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my biggest concern is the system will be so simple that teams will easily be able to game plan it and figure out the weaknesses. it might take several games to get enough film, but sooner or later someone is going to find the mismatches or where we are weak and not getting it done and go after that. it's in that situation and the adjustments Banker makes that his future will lie. if he can correct that and shut teams down then I'll have the faith.

Our main problem right now is going to be DE and LB play. If I've understand everything I've read, we won't be that far off from Mich St's Defense and I've liked watching them play the last few years, but they had great LB play and I mean great. hopefully our LBs can get there in a hurry.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It's about adjustments and the players being able to understand those adjustments on the fly without all the mass confusion.

These new coaches are pouring the Kool-Aid just like every new staff everywhere does. It all sounds so simple and good to people that want to hear it. They are building raport by telling people what they want to hear. Whether the results back it up remains to be seen. They've got at least one season, but more like two seasons that they can place the blame on a new system that the players are "still learning", or they need time to get the "right type of players" on campus to fit the new system. Once those excuses begin to get worn out and it becomes apparent it's the system or the teaching methodology itself, it becomes a matter of how much more time the A.D. and boosters are willing to give them. They are the last ones who want to start over and pay out 3-4 years of a remaining contract for a fired coach.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound fundamentals. Tackling and being in position to just disrupt a play would be a huge step forward.

No more check with me bullshit

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Coach: "What were the main bitches, gripes, and complaints about the previous coaching staff?"

Athletic Department Staff: "Bo's demeanor toward the media and fans. His over complicated defensive scheme. His lack of respect for and playing games with the Blackshirt tradition. Lack of player basic fundamentals. Poor tackling. Offensive and defensive lines getting blown up. Getting blown out by ranked opponents."

Media: "Welcome Coach Riley, what do you plan to do here at Nebraska?"

New Coach: "I want to establish a good rapport with the fans. I'm going to simplify the defensive scheme. We're going to restore the methodical traditions of the Blackshirts. We'll improve basic fundamentals and tackling ability. Our offensive and defensive lines will be stronger and use better technique. We're going to be competive with ranked opponents and win championships."

Fans: Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap.........

Last edited:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Coach: "What were the main bitches, gripes, and complaints about the previous coaching staff?"

Athletic Department Staff: "Bo's demeanor toward the media and fans. His over complicated defensive scheme. His lack of respect for and playing games with the Blackshirt tradition. Lack of player basic fundamentals. Poor tackling. Offensive and defensive lines getting blown up. Getting blown out by ranked opponents."

Media: "Welcome Coach Riley, what do you plan to do here at Nebraska?"

New Coach: "I want to establish a good rapport with the fans. I'm going to simplify the defensive scheme. We're going to restore the methodical traditions of the Blackshirts. We'll improve basic fundamentals and tackling ability. Our offensive and defensive lines will be stronger and use better technique. We're going to be competive with ranked opponents and win championships."

Fans: Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap.........

LET ME FAP WHILE THE FAPPIN'S GOOD GOD DAMNIT.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET ME FAP WHILE THE FAPPIN'S GOOD GOD DAMNIT.

F2wpfpK.jpeg

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games and you've made your mind up. Check that you made your mind up about this entire staff a long time ago.

HIB10 won't respond to my posts but stalks me and pulls threads up from half a year ago.

Fuckin' weirdo.

Nut up and talk to me or as the twitterverse likes to say "Fuck out my mentions bruh".

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It's about adjustments and the players being able to understand those adjustments on the fly without all the mass confusion.

These new coaches are pouring the Kool-Aid just like every new staff everywhere does. It all sounds so simple and good to people that want to hear it. They are building raport by telling people what they want to hear. Whether the results back it up remains to be seen. They've got at least one season, but more like two seasons that they can place the blame on a new system that the players are "still learning", or they need time to get the "right type of players" on campus to fit the new system. Once those excuses begin to get worn out and it becomes apparent it's the system or the teaching methodology itself, it becomes a matter of how much more time the A.D. and boosters are willing to give them. They are the last ones who want to start over and pay out 3-4 years of a remaining contract for a fired coach.

Charlie Mcbride joined the Huskers in 77 --had great knowalege of defence and what the black shirts meant
and stayed true to that all his years coaching --without excuses change and re tooling
Banker is a ----well ---- a know it all and is cornfusing
Mcbide was open to the Black shirt scheme and fitted well
he was open to the Husker plan

trust me you you fellar s

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scary thing is the ones who were against hiring Riley actually WANT him to lose now so they can be right.

:dhd:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scary thing is the ones who were against hiring Riley actually WANT him to lose now so they can be right.

:dhd:

I know man that mentality is so fucked. The first thing I will do when we improve and start winning the big ones tell all the doubters who wanted Nebraska's staff to fail so they would be right to sit down and shut up. They're not allowed to celebrate wins anymore.

They're not real Husker fans IMO.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know man that mentality is so fucked. The first thing I will do when we improve and start winning the big ones tell all the doubters who wanted Nebraska's staff to fail so they would be right to sit down and shut up. They're not allowed to celebrate wins anymore.

I was and still am a big Husker fan ---ya little wipper snapper
started back in the late 60's
that would be the time JedBurks was doing your mom

LOL !!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L