• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ohhh Johnny

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland re-signs Hoyer that speculation will ramp up big time. Scares the shit out of me. I think SteveDallas will do a swan dive off of Reunion Tower in Dallas.

I`ll be on a tower for sure. Just might not be jumping.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this, but when you are out at certain spots at 2 am, stuff like this is just more likely to happen to you.

I remember a few years back Eagles DE Jerome McDougle got shot outside a club, just as he was finally starting to play OK after being a bust. Some people made excuses for him, saying he did nothing wrong in the incident etc, and that appeared true. But...when you are out at certain clubs past midnight, the odds of something bad happening are just higher than if you are chillin' with an Xbox back at your apartment.

Players have to be smarter than that when they have so much money on the line, and are easy targets.

Browns coach Mike Pettine said Monday that Manziel did not violate any team rules regarding curfew or other restrictions. But on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike" on Tuesday, he said he had an issue with the late-night timing of the incident.

"We're never comfortable -- and I think Ray alluded to it in our release -- with guys being involved in incidents that late at night. We trust that they're going to be making good choices. The saying in the league, nothing good happens after midnight. That's certainly the case the closer you get to the game," he said.

:suds:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are Hoyer, do you sign with the Browns over a team like Stl (they will dump Bradford this offseason), the Jets, Arizona (Palmer might be done), Oakland, ect?

Hoyer has a chance to sign somewhere where he won't have a 2nd year 1st round QB lurking. He really could demand that they either hand him the job and get rid of Johnny or else he goes elsewhere.

This could set up as one of the more interesting storylines of the offseason especially with a weak QB crop in the draft.

With Gordan back now, Hoyer really does have an opportunity to make or lose millions of dollars over the next couple of months.

Maybe he signs somewhere else which I am okay with because I don't think he is the future of the Browns. He's an average QB.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he signs somewhere else which I am okay with because I don't think he is the future of the Browns. He's an average QB.

Right, but what does that say about Manziel not being able to win the starting job?

At some point this kid needs to figure out he can't really be a kid any longer. If he doesn't, he won't be in the NFL for more than a few more years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of speculation in Dallas that Jerry will try to trade for Johnny Football.

Straight up trade - Manziel for Romo.

Romo would instantly become a fan favorite if he did not play for Dallas.....

Browns become SB champions.

Dallas makes even more money.....

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up trade - Manziel for Romo.

Romo would instantly become a fan favorite if he did not play for Dallas.....

Browns become SB champions.

Dallas makes even more money.....

No one would make that trade for old man Romo.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but what does that say about Manziel not being able to win the starting job?

At some point this kid needs to figure out he can't really be a kid any longer. If he doesn't, he won't be in the NFL for more than a few more years.

He's a rookie. Rookie QBs rarely are ready to start and the ones that do often hinder their development. Guarantee Manziel would win job in year 3. Love how everyone shits on him when it is just the media putting the spot light on him for stupid shit.

Lots of NFL players are out and partying. But when Johnny does it all of a sudden its big news. This kid will never succede if people don't give him the chance. Dude carried TAMU

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one would make that trade for old man Romo.

2 good years with Romo - SB champion

2 good years with Manziel - will never happen

Give him a chance? They did, they drafted Johnny Finger and he is getting paid to learn.

Manziel could be had for a bowl of soup

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 good years with Romo - SB champion

2 good years with Manziel - will never happen

Give him a chance? They did, they drafted Johnny Finger and he is getting paid to learn.

Manziel could be had for a bowl of soup

Implying Romo has 2 years left in the tank.

We haven't even seen Manziel on the NFL field yet so who knows if he will be good or a bust. All I know is a straight up trade wouldn't be worth it in the long run.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Implying Romo has 2 years left in the tank.

We haven't even seen Manziel on the NFL field yet so who knows if he will be good or a bust. All I know is a straight up trade wouldn't be worth it in the long run.

You could be right about Johnny

Do you really think Cleveland would not take a franchise QB for Johnny?

Get serious - Cleveland would instantly be a contender - maybe more.....

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right about Johnny

Do you really think Cleveland would not take a franchise QB for Johnny?

Get serious - Cleveland would instantly be a contender - maybe more.....

ROMO only has 1 year left :gaah:
No one would trade a 1st round pick for Romo. You're insane

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel, I forgot my sarcasm smilie :doh:

th

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a rookie. Rookie QBs rarely are ready to start and the ones that do often hinder their development. Guarantee Manziel would win job in year 3. Love how everyone shits on him when it is just the media putting the spot light on him for stupid shit.

Lots of NFL players are out and partying. But when Johnny does it all of a sudden its big news. This kid will never succede if people don't give him the chance. Dude carried TAMU

Your first sentence in an excuse for why he couldn't beat out Hoyer. The fact is many rookie QBs come in and play early in the modern NFL. There is nobody on here that believes Hoyer is an all-pro type of QB, in fact most see him as a solid veteran backup. Guarantee whatever you want, there is nothing ventured other than your word on a message board.

Everyone shits on him mostly because he does stupid shit. I really don't care one way or the other, but if he'd stop doing stupid shit and putting himself in bad situations, we wouldn't be posting about him.

The way I see it, he needs to earn the chance to succeed. Once he figures that out, he'll then get his chance and if he proves to be a professional, good for him. If he doesn't he be just like the hundreds of others that washed out because they were to immature to grow up and take responsibility for their self.

You want to defend him and I understand that. What I don't understand is making excuses for him and enabling his idiocy by anyone...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name me on great QB who was is as self absorbed or as stupid as this guy in their early years, independent of his size/frame issues. Would you trust your franchise with him?