• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Those Wacky Pats II

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything has been proven it's that if you complain against the Patriots, something will happen.
Well you know what they say...

Where there is smoke there is fire.

I think we all have reason for a little distrust of the NE system.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE homer here. I don't care if BB stole my TV, just win, by ANY MEANS.
<Audio of old movie ghouls laughing>

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
yep
Success is hard to argue with but he does tend to throw a lot of hanging curve balls to us smart ass posters.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not into all the hard love BB does but like someone already mentioned these are millionaires that work only half a year, and can't be on time. He has been consistent though sitting out Moss when he was late to a meeting cause of snow and Gray who ran for 4 tds' and 200 yards vs Indy and then you don't see him rest of season because he forgot to set alarm clock. I know of some people that got fired from near min wage jobs for being late after a few warnings

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have everyone including people like Revis accountable but sometimes Belichick can be overly harsh. This and what happened with Grey are good examples. A week in hell would be more than sufficient to get the message across imo.

Of today someone asked Ben Volin of the Globe today on what would it mean to Butler to miss these OTA's...

Very little he said.

Training camp is where it matters.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they are voluntary OTAs but if you want to play for the Patriots (no matter what you did the year before) you had do basically everything in your power to get to every practice!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTA's are voluntary. He is punishing a player for being late to an event that is voluntary???????
I never said suspend him but I do think they could lose a draft pick.

I guess the philosophy in Foxboro is Beatings will continue until morale improves

Are you calling not allowing a player to play a "beating?"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for punishing players for being late, but not for something that per contract is voluntary . How can you do that? They are not required to be there, is this a attempt to make it non voluntary? I don't see how this works out in BB favor.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely millionaires can make it to work on time. It isn't tolerated in the military to report for duty on time, and they are paid far, far less.

What don't you understand about voluntary? The players don't have to be there, get it. So you can't punish them for something they choose to do.

And if he was trying to make it and his flight got delayed, speaks even more to the pettiness of the sad cheater that is Bill Belicheat. Certainly leading by example is not his forte. You reward players for going to OTAs is really the right way to go.

Oh btw, The military has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. I can't even reason why you would bring the military into this.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for punishing players for being late, but not for something that per contract is voluntary . How can you do that? They are not required to be there, is this a attempt to make it non voluntary? I don't see how this works out in BB favor.

Butler participated in all off field activities throughout the OTAs. If compensation is involved for these OTAs, he will be compensated.

There was no punishment and there is no issue.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What don't you understand about voluntary? The players don't have to be there, get it. So you can't punish them for something they choose to do.

And if he was trying to make it and his flight got delayed, speaks even more to the pettiness of the sad cheater that is Bill Belicheat. Certainly leading by example is not his forte. You reward players for going to OTAs is really the right way to go.

Oh btw, The military has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. I can't even reason why you would bring the military into this
Kurt Warner called. He wants to know if it's OK to put your meat in the same bag as the bread and cereal?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's very easy to see how it will work out.

BB did nothing wrong. It's a voluntary practice and there is no requirement he be put on the field. Butler wasn't held out from OTA's, only being on the field. He spent the time studying film.

It's a typical non story.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler participated in all off field activities throughout the OTAs. If compensation is involved for these OTAs, he will be compensated.

There was no punishment and there is no issue.
Then what's this all about? The off season is filled with so much bullshit from the media.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh btw, The military has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. I can't even reason why you would bring the military into this.
If it's voluntary, he most likely 'volunteered' to be there, therefore was expected to be there, in the mix, participating in the coaches plans. You supporting missing a flight due to a delay speaks to your carelessness and lack of respect for discipline, especially considering receiving millions of dollars in pay.

The military analogy is about having a sense of duty -- to show up on time to your team that's waiting and relying on your contribution. Not to mention, Belichick comes from a Navy family. Absolutely nothing you say?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it also about having ethics, following rules, if so we are not talking about the same Bill Belicheck.

Not every one is living the military life, to some the soldiers are nothing more than chess pieces in a political game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought, we shouldn't compare being a NFL player to being in the military. Big difference IMO.