• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Shiteater. We hardly knew thee.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Triano out as Toronto Raptors coach but stays on as consultant - ESPN

So Triano's gone. Bruce Arthur suspects we'll go after Lawrence Frank or Jeff Van Gundy. I don't know if we'll get either.

I don't know if Triano deserved to go, but I definitely don't think he was going to take this team anywhere further.

This will have to be BC's last chance though, he didn't bring in Smitch but he re-signed him. He brought in Triano. Now he's on his third coach.

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love this move, the only thing i dont like is that his stench is still in the organization.

CanadianWalrus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they should get shaq to replace him, he can even play center sometimes when bargnani's not rebounding

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am looking forward to hopefully a defensive minded coach as the head guy. these young guys just don't know how to play defence and we need someone to come in here and crack some skulls.

the only guy who knows how to play D is Amir, and thats cause he was brought up in Detroit, where they were all about defence. If we can get Lawrence Frank or SVG, I could see the same thing happening here. I'm pumped.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only problem is, we need to tank next year because its going to be an awesome draft. if we get a serious coach who gets us fighting for the 8th seed again (our best realistic option) then we're fucked again

CanadianWalrus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
only problem is, we need to tank next year because its going to be an awesome draft. if we get a serious coach who gets us fighting for the 8th seed again (our best realistic option) then we're fucked again

that why they should have kept shiteater. oh well, hopefully this next coach is not a very big fan of bargnani and brings him off the bench

CanadianWalrus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
HALLEJUHAH! HALLEJUHAH! HALLEJUHAH, HALLEJUHAH! HALLLEEEEEEEEJJJUHAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

this makes you happy? i know he was a shitty coach but
584-triano-jay-get-110321.jpg

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we can make a pitch at jerry sloan

Marco Doubypops

Road Commentary Specalist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't think he was all that bad. Better than "Coach of The Year" Smitch. That's for sure, but Triano isn't bad as far as head coaches go.

Or maybe BC is just trying to cut costs, with Triano gone, he doesn't have to splurge on a new clipboard shipment every 60 days.

CanadianWalrus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't think he was all that bad. Better than "Coach of The Year" Smitch. That's for sure, but Triano isn't bad as far as head coaches go.

Or maybe BC is just trying to cut costs, with Triano gone, he doesn't have to splurge on a new clipboard shipment every 60 days.

all clipboard jokes asside triano must have been the cheapest head coach ever, probably hardly even made a profit after the techs. some say he even worked for scraps and some water

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2011 NBA Draft: Raptors Interested In Kawhi Leonard With 5th Pick?

The thought of former San Diego State standout Kawhi Leonard heading north to Toronto has steadily picked up momentum as the draft moves closer, with several mocks now sending him here. While other prospects may draw more hype and force the Raptors hand at No. 5, the 6-foot-7 physically gifted sophomore seems to make the most practical sense. This team needs a defensive minded forward and no player in this draft class fits that bill more than Leonard. Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress agrees.

Physically Leonard is an impressive specimen, possessing huge hands and a freakish 7-foot-3 wingspan. He can defend multiple positions, crashes the boards and generally displaying the kind of tendencies that have led some to draw comparisons with Gerald Wallace.

Toronto has players on their roster who can score, so fans need to realize that selecting Leonard is not a move that will bring additional firepower. Yes, he averaged 16 points per game last season, but that was more a byproduct of his athleticism rather than his skillset. This isn't a player who - at least in the short term - is going to be asked to do a whole lot at this end of the floor. Still, his motor, aggressiveness and most importantly his upside make him one of the more intriguing prospects in this draft class. He may take a few years to fully develop (he won't be 20 for another few weeks), but this is the rare opportunity for a team to draft for need, while also taking a chance on a player who develop into a true impact presence down the road.

269110323_011_San_Diego_St_Press_Conference.jpg