• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

offseason

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just curious what you think of your team's offseason moves. I usually think highly of the Ravens moves (even though I despise them), but I'm not a fan of what they did this year. Also, do you think the Ravens are prepared if Ray Lewis starts to drop off? Just wondering...

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow this thread slipped past me. But anyways, I was very disappointed when they released Mason, Heap, and McGahee but I knew it was probably for the best. The Ravens had too many possession WR's last year in Boldin, Mason, and Housh. I think Boldin will have a great year this season because he's surrounded by WR's that compliment him better.
I love the Lee Evans trade and like the Ricky Williams signing a lot.

And I'm still pissed they had to let Dawan Landry walk. He is a very underrated Safety, IMO. Tom Zibikowski..........................ugh. I cringe at the thought of him starting. Marcus Pollard, another FA signee, looked good against Philly last week. Hopefully he'll get the nod over Tom.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the direction their headed in regards to DB's. I like the Jimmy Smith pick a lot.
I'm concerned about their o-line though. They didn't look great against Philly. I'm hoping it was mainly due to the lockout. :pray:

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Really disapointed that we didnt address the O-Line in the off season at all..
Writing was on the wall last year, Joe was sacked 40 times!!!!

1st day of FA they lock up Yanda to a long term deal, and yet they cant get him on the field, they are calling it back spasams...I dont know about that..

They really neede to bite the bullet and get Gaither back in here, but their pride got in the way and they let him go to KC..Oher is not a LT in this league, hes a dam good RT but not a LT..Its going to be an interesting year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disapointed that we didnt address the O-Line in the off season at all..
Writing was on the wall last year, Joe was sacked 40 times!!!!

1st day of FA they lock up Yanda to a long term deal, and yet they cant get him on the field, they are calling it back spasams...I dont know about that..

They really neede to bite the bullet and get Gaither back in here, but their pride got in the way and they let him go to KC..Oher is not a LT in this league, hes a dam good RT but not a LT..Its going to be an interesting year.

Crav...I can't believe you are wishing for Gaither back and expressing doubt about Yanda in the same post. Yanda is a warrior who does everything needed to help this team. Gaither is a sack of crap. BTW...did you see how he reported to the Chiefs?

If Gaither showed up to practice... - Baltimore Ravens Forums and Message Boards

Just another display of his tremendous work ethic :happyshake:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have loved this offseason. In a nutshell...we have gotten younger, faster and more physical. What's not to love about that? Our offense promises to be much more dynamic. We were pretty damn easy to defend last year.

The OL is the last piece. There WILL be talented vets available. The OL will become much more solidified before 9/11.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Ravens message board pretty active?

Yes. I read it, but haven't motivated to join. I prefer a place where I can interact with other teams' fans.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I read it, but haven't motivated to join. I prefer a place where I can interact with other teams' fans.
Me too, which is why I preferred this place (the Hoop) instead of the new site the Steelers gang started up...but I will continue to post in both places until things settle down after the swamp dries up.

...or I get tired of bouncing around so much.