• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

offseason part 3 update

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I see going down this summer with the lightning! trade Tampa gets Patrick Marleau San Jose gets Bret Connolly the rangers first round pick in 2014 or 2015 what ever san jose chooses! sharks also get the rights to ryan callahan. Lightning sign goaltender Devan Dubnyk to one year one way deal for 800k. Lightning will sign defenseman nikita nikitin and defenseman Clayton Stoner to help boost and lack luster defense. Ryan malone ltir or bought out!

Lines next season!

Palat, Stamkos, killorn
Marleau, Filppula, Purcell
Drouin, Johnson, kucherov
Brown, Thompson, panik/ crombeen

Hedman, Nikitin
Carle, gudas
Brewer, Stoner
Barberio/sustr

Bishop
Dubnyk/FA or Gudievskis

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see a deal like Patrick Marleau, Christopher Crane for Brett Connolly, Luke Witkowski, a 2014 1st round pick and a conditional 2015 2nd round pick that can into in a 1st based off how the Lightning do.

I see us trading Lindback to the flames for a prospect and a mid round pick.

I can say us signing Thomas Vokoun if that doesn't work, trade for a Peter Budaj.

Now here comes the D part, I think Yzerman will look at the very weak FA market to address the D. Niskanen will want too much, Stralman is a possibility but I think we pass on him. I honestly think Yzerman will look at Dan Boyle, Kimmo Timonen or Marek Zidlicky. I think he'd add Zidlicky. I think Yzerman likes what we have on our blueline looking forward. Hedman, Sustr, Carle, Gudas, Barberio, Koekkoek, Blujus, Dotchin. I think Yzerman will let these guys develop.

Marleau-Stamkos-Drouin
Killorn-Filppula-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Brown-Thompson-Panik

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Zidlicky
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Barberio

Bishop
Vokoun/Budaj

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know SY loves the young boys. Danny, I just don't see him going after anyone 30 years old or older. He got rid of Vinny (30+), Marty's gone (30+ but his own traitor ways did this), Malone would have been next (30+) but did himself in with drugs & I think that leaves the Bolts with only 1 player 30+ years old (Brewer). I also think Vokoun is a has been. He played well for only 1 team, the Preds. He literally sucked for the stinking Panthers, the Caps sent him down the road rather quickly & the Pens stupidly picked him up. He also doesn't fit in the under 30 club, being 37. Zidlicky, the same, seen his better days & not in the under 30 club. I think the Village Idiot will surprise us (well not me) by not improving the blue line & letting Cally go elsewhere without getting a replacement. After all he does have a lot of faith in his young guys & he'll bring up different ones from the AHL as he needs them. I'd really love to see the Wings grab Cally because he fits their system a lot better than the Bolts. The Wings live on gritty players!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know SY loves the young boys. Danny, I just don't see him going after anyone 30 years old or older. He got rid of Vinny (30+), Marty's gone (30+ but his own traitor ways did this), Malone would have been next (30+) but did himself in with drugs & I think that leaves the Bolts with only 1 player 30+ years old (Brewer). I also think Vokoun is a has been. He played well for only 1 team, the Preds. He literally sucked for the stinking Panthers, the Caps sent him down the road rather quickly & the Pens stupidly picked him up. He also doesn't fit in the under 30 club, being 37. Zidlicky, the same, seen his better days & not in the under 30 club. I think the Village Idiot will surprise us (well not me) by not improving the blue line & letting Cally go elsewhere without getting a replacement. After all he does have a lot of faith in his young guys & he'll bring up different ones from the AHL as he needs them. I'd really love to see the Wings grab Cally because he fits their system a lot better than the Bolts. The Wings live on gritty players!
I see him going after marleau, Al Montoya and a vet defenseman for sure! thats assuming we don't sign callahan.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also wanted to point out to danny I don't see them getting Vokoun he has a blod clot issue he missed the whole season this year.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On Marleau...

There is lots of interest in Marleau....the top team I am hearing is the Lightning, but I have also heard the Islanders and the Panthers mentioned...Steve Yzerman is known to be a huge proponent of Patrick and his veteran leadership could be a great fit since it appears, at least for now, that Ryan Callahan will be taking his services to the North.

Yzerman does like his youth, but I think he also recognises veteran leadership is needed. Marleau is getting on but a guy who is still good for 30 + Goals and 70 + Points and who knows what he can do paired with Stamkos. I think they move Callahan rights to Buffalo.

I think Yzerman will look to bring in a vet dman, somebody who can give us a bridge for a couple of years when he likes of Sustr, Gudas and Barberio are more developed and when the likes of Koekkoek and Blujus are ready to make the jump.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this would be a good deal for both sides:

Lightning get : Patrick Marleau and Jason Demers

Sharks get : Alex Killorn, Brett Connolly, Luke Witkowski and a 2014 1st round pick

Trade Callahan's right to Buffalo. Lindback goes to Calgary for a prospect and possible a pick. We trade a mid round pick for Pete Budaj. Sign Tanner Glass in FA.
Team:

Marleau-Stamkos-Purcell
Palat-Filppula-Johnson
Brown-Drouin-Kucherov
Glass-Thompson-Panik

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Demers
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Barberio

Bishop
Budaj

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this would be a good deal for both sides:

Lightning get : Patrick Marleau and Jason Demers

Sharks get : Alex Killorn, Brett Connolly, Luke Witkowski and a 2014 1st round pick

Trade Callahan's right to Buffalo. Lindback goes to Calgary for a prospect and possible a pick. We trade a mid round pick for Pete Budaj. Sign Tanner Glass in FA.
Team:

Marleau-Stamkos-Purcell
Palat-Filppula-Johnson
Brown-Drouin-Kucherov
Glass-Thompson-Panik

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Demers
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Barberio

Bishop
Budaj

Ya I think it's going to be budaj or Montoya. I think we go hard after marleau if we don't keep Callahan. I see us going after a young defenseman from San Jose in the deal like you said. But I see us trading lindback Callahan Connolly and a first rounder for marleau and Demers. I think the sharks will sign Callahan!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well reports are out there is that Marleau would be willing to move his NTC more so than Joe Thornton who wants to stay. Another report says the Sharks are looking to get younger in Goalie. So perhaps something like this may happen :

Lightning get: Patrick Marleau, Jason Demers and Christopher Crane

Sharks get: Alex Killorn, Kristers Gudlevskis, Brett Connolly, Luke Witkowski and a 1st round pick.

Steep price, I know. I think with trading Marleau I think the Sharks will want a established young NHL player like Killorn apart of the deal. Gudlevskis, hard to project because he's a goalie and they take a while to develop but early signs point to him being a # 1 for some time. Connolly is a hit or miss prospect. Witkowski I see as a 3rd pairing dman, kinda like an Eric Brewer type and then a 1st round pick gives the Sharks some more youth.

What do we get in return? Marleau, turns 35 in September. He's still obviously a very good player, my problem is that he is getting on but he would only have 2 years with the Lightning and then he's a UFA. I think you need to get 4 or 5 years out of him to make this deal worth while. Demers, perhaps not ready for a # 2 role as of yet but a top 4 dman whose just starting to entire his prime. Plays a solid overall game and plays with a physical edge. Crane, perhaps he makes the NHL one day due to his toughness, his ceiling is probably as a 4th line grinder/enforcer but he's got a long way to go given he played mostly in the ECHL last year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well reports are out there is that Marleau would be willing to move his NTC more so than Joe Thornton who wants to stay. Another report says the Sharks are looking to get younger in Goalie. So perhaps something like this may happen :

Lightning get: Patrick Marleau, Jason Demers and Christopher Crane

Sharks get: Alex Killorn, Kristers Gudlevskis, Brett Connolly, Luke Witkowski and a 1st round pick.

Steep price, I know. I think with trading Marleau I think the Sharks will want a established young NHL player like Killorn apart of the deal. Gudlevskis, hard to project because he's a goalie and they take a while to develop but early signs point to him being a # 1 for some time. Connolly is a hit or miss prospect. Witkowski I see as a 3rd pairing dman, kinda like an Eric Brewer type and then a 1st round pick gives the Sharks some more youth.

What do we get in return? Marleau, turns 35 in September. He's still obviously a very good player, my problem is that he is getting on but he would only have 2 years with the Lightning and then he's a UFA. I think you need to get 4 or 5 years out of him to make this deal worth while. Demers, perhaps not ready for a # 2 role as of yet but a top 4 dman whose just starting to entire his prime. Plays a solid overall game and plays with a physical edge. Crane, perhaps he makes the NHL one day due to his toughness, his ceiling is probably as a 4th line grinder/enforcer but he's got a long way to go given he played mostly in the ECHL last year.
That deal could be dead if adam larsson is on the market i see bret connolly and a first round draft pick for adam larsson. I also have heard Rene Bourque, Peter Budaj and Greg Pateryn for teddy purcell and landry.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deal could be dead if adam larsson is on the market i see bret connolly and a first round draft pick for adam larsson. I also have heard Rene Bourque, Peter Budaj and Greg Pateryn for teddy purcell and landry.

If we were to re-sign Callahan then a Connolly for Larsson deal makes sense and i'm note sure we would have to give up a 1st as Larsson has really stalled. The Habs deal sounds decent but would they give up Bourque considering the postseason he's had?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were to re-sign Callahan then a Connolly for Larsson deal makes sense and i'm note sure we would have to give up a 1st as Larsson has really stalled. The Habs deal sounds decent but would they give up Bourque considering the postseason he's had?
resigning callahan is going to be tough we are trying to. but to get the devils to give up larsson we are going to need to offer up a bit more then connolly. As for bourque tough to say but yes because his regular season was pretty bad.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise Sharks trade Dan Boyle for a fifth round pick ? Maybe we can get Marleau just as cheap/

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought Stevie is not interested in older players ( why should he be ).