• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

offseason musings 2 weeks early

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking childish idiot we got here

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit are you fucking brain dead?

You use overall "wins" when you were just talking about tourney success and mid majors.

Don't mid majors usually pile on wins with their soft schedule?

Please tell me you were fucking joking.
i posted the overall wins to confront your assertion about 3 top 20 winning programs of all time in the big east.... sec has better group of three if that is your "facts"

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say i disgree, you throw insults, and then you start dislike all my posts and im childish...ok tough guy :thumb:

Hahaha now are a dumbass hypocrite too?

You started the name calling when I presented FACTS calling me a HOMER. Then knowing you lost and we're making yourself out to be an idiot. YOU went with the "bullshit" and "dislikes",

I never care enough until I see little babies like yourself do it first. Then I do it back because I know it upsets you. As your calling it out perfectly points out.

Jeez please tell me you are fucking drunk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted the overall wins to confront your assertion about 3 top 20 winning programs of all time in the big east.... sec has better group of three if that is your "facts"

You posted total wins you fucking dumbass.

Arizona for example started in 1905 Villanova 16 fucking years later.

Good lord. Stop talking it's embarrassing

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I said "3 top 20 all time programs"

Nothing about top 20 wins.

Hahahahhaha CLOWN

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big East will be fine. It definitely has a longer lasting power than the AAC. DePaul and Seton Hall are probably the worst programs in the conference but they at least have history. And DePaul is upgrading their facilities so I think they'll be able to turn it around. Since 2000 I'd say Nova, Butler, Georgetown, Xavier and Marquette are all top 30 programs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big East will be fine. It definitely has a longer lasting power than the AAC. DePaul and Seton Hall are probably the worst programs in the conference but they at least have history. And DePaul is upgrading their facilities so I think they'll be able to turn it around. Since 2000 I'd say Nova, Butler, Georgetown, Xavier and Marquette are all top 30 programs.

Seton Hall needs to can Willard he's just lost the team. I mean they are gettig quality recruits there. If DePaul ever gives a damn they could be good. I'm also not big on Lavin but SJU is decent enough.

The 5 programs you mentioned plus Creighton should all be consistently quality teams due to history/coaching. Cooley has been doing great things at Prov but they gotta win a tourney game to be counted as a factor

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is a private Christian university, right?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neg away it doesnt bother me any but when someone calls you out for your bullshit and your response is to go back and neg every one of their posts in the thread its laughable for you to try and take the high road...

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is a private Christian university, right?
Butler University was founded by members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), though it was never controlled by the church.[8] The university charter called for "a non-sectarian institution free from the taint of slavery, offering instruction in every branch of liberal and professional education."[8]

so technically no but i suppose one could argue for "catholic" by association. I doubt the big east charter specifically says all members must be catholic too, so i wouldnt think it would be a hindrance to expansion.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neg away it doesnt bother me any but when someone calls you out for your bullshit and your response is to go back and neg every one of their posts in the thread its laughable for you to try and take the high road...

Facts are not bullshit.

Idk what you are too stupid to understand.

You are a child plain and simple. When proven wrong you resort to childish tactics and claim BS.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know football is the driver of ncaa programs now but what is keeping teams attached to mid major football conferences?

big east basketball should make a move to strengthen itself IMO.

how happy can uconn be playing smu, ucf, tulsa etc....

what if big east basketball expanded with uconn, temple, cincy, and one more from a10 (umass, rhode island, dayton)?

football expansion fucked up some great conferences.....

I would like to see it. UConn at least.

It makes sense for UConn in my mind and there's actually been articles written about their return by sports writers. But this is from a fan's perspective.

College sports is driven by money and I don't know how it all plays out.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are not bullshit.

Idk what you are too stupid to understand.

You are a child plain and simple. When proven wrong you resort to childish tactics and claim BS.
more name calling :thumb:

do you even know how to debate a disagreement?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more name calling :thumb:

do you even know how to debate a disagreement?

Do you? When facts are presented you cower in the corner and call BS.

If you are going to call someone out be able to back it up. You couldn't and you look like a dumbass for it. Deal with it.

And learn to read. Lol still can't belive you cited most wins as if it had any bearing.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you? When facts are presented you cower in the corner and call BS.

If you are going to call someone out be able to back it up. You couldn't and you look like a dumbass for it. Deal with it.

And learn to read. Lol still can't belive you cited most wins as if it had any bearing.
1.you presented no facts just your opinions
2, no one called you out, but when two of the major past history makers of your "major" conference are no longer in the fold you seem to think it still holds the same cache...it doesnt
3. i didnt post total wins to make any argument of mine. you stated 3 top 20 programs were in the big east. i posted the wins just to make a point that many teams have past history it doesnt make them major players in basketball in today's landscape.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.you presented no facts just your opinions
2, no one called you out, but when two of the major past history makers of your "major" conference are no longer in the fold you seem to think it still holds the same cache...it doesnt
3. i didnt post total wins to make any argument of mine. you stated 3 top 20 programs were in the big east. i posted the wins just to make a point that many teams have past history it doesnt make them major players in basketball in today's landscape.

1. Yes I did state facts. Namely the big east RPI numbers and how many teams they are sending to the tourney. Mid majors don't do that.
2. Ummm who cares if two major history makers are gone. They still have 3 and then gained two more that have been very successful recently. Again, now mid major conference has 5 programs as good as the BIG east does. Shit, the ACC and the Big10 are really the only ones you could say do.
3. I stated they were 3 top 20 programs. You then posted win totals and added into my quote that I said "3 top 20 winning programs". Wins are irrelevant every program started different. It's accomishments. Big east has those teams.

The only "opinion" I have given is that the BE isn't a mid major. And it's supported greatly by fact.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many conferences get 5 teams in the tourney on a regular basis. That doesnt make you a major. when your league is smaller and 4 teams(whoever they may be on any given year are garbage) it will reflect greatest on those team that are good that year. I dont know who exactly you consider your top 3 programs i assume nova and gtown are two. who is your third? you want to be the best mid major fine ill give you that.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big East is still better than the SEC in basketball for now.. SEC has more resources to get better in the future however.. LSU and Arkansas should still be very good next year..