• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Officiating is pathetic in the NBA

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no emotional ties, would love to see Durant get a ring, other than that I just want to see good basketball... NBA refs are pathetic abominations to the integrity of the game, they have ruined basketball as we used to know it... Phantom after phantom foul calls that have become the norm, we would all have to be incredibly naive to think last night the league didn't want the series to continue for $ ... 22 free throw attempts by the Cavs in the 1st quarter alone ? That's a foul a minute, WTF kinda BS is that ? I don't think every game is rigged or every series is rigged, but sometimes when the league wants it, they'll do it... We can't be naive as fans to think otherwise... That Chit last night was ugly, and the NBA can fuck off... I"ll still watch the series because I love basketball and the players have nothing to do with this, they play hard and play to win, but this league is just dirty, and it starts from the top...
The officiating is much better in college basketball.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Cavs won that game fair and square, they made some ridiculous shots and played like they meant it and the Warriors didn't. But anyone who doesn't think the refs helped a bit is a blind homer.

But again, a sweep was very unlikely no matter how it (didn't) happened, and here we are.

Ws will be favored for game 5 by 7-8 and probably win.
If the Warriors don't win this series they will be forever remembered as monumental chokers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, NBA refs suck man... and YES I would a still created the thread no matter who won... I"m not emotionally tied to this series bro... I just want to see good basketball...

You quoted yourself yet in the same comment you also said..."would love to see Durant get a ring". Why quite yourself & then leave that part out of your statement? So you don't care who wins (since you said you're not emotionally tied to the series) but you want KD to get a ring. Funny stuff.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks John Madden for stating the obvious. This is why many people quit watching the NBA. You may as well watch street ball now. OHHH the professor.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped watching probably 2 years ago. I'm guessing you started around when curry and the bunch won a title.

That guess is as smart as your other posts. Spoiler alert: it's not

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating hasn't been the same since Tim Donaghy resigned.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was focusing on last night, the officials suck period, but last night the league had more incentive..
Saw the same thing last year when the Warriors were up 3-1

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Warriors should stop fouling so much? Play better defense? It's hilarious how every game that has a lot of free throws brings out the fair weather basketball fans crying about the officiating. Not every contest is exactly the same. Act like you've watched a basketball game before. This topic is worn out by novice basketball fans.

Jesus man, what game did you watch ? Fair-weather fans ? Dude, if you love the game of basketball you can't love the officiating you saw in that game... That's got NOTHING to do with fair-weather fans, I would argue fair-weather fans say nothing about it and accept it like sheep ...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I think by and large the NBA officials are the best of any of the major sports. They are working with the best and fastest athletes in the world. They get it right a very large percentage of the time in my opinion. Not saying their hands aren't tied by the league sometimes, I think that is a guarantee.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Brothers is worse than what Crawford was. Which is a feat of it's own.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I think by and large the NBA officials are the best of any of the major sports. They are working with the best and fastest athletes in the world. They get it right a very large percentage of the time in my opinion. Not saying their hands aren't tied by the league sometimes, I think that is a guarantee.
Don't watch hockey ?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs got hot, but it's how the game started, the refs were TOTALLY leaning towards the Cavs, it got to the point that the Warriors just stopped playing defense, they couldn't, any pressure was a foul call ... It was stupid ..
oh yah--- totally towards the Cavs

seriously you cna fuck off