• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Officially on the Mel Tucker hate wagon

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that TD drive to end the first half.

Broken coverage on the 3rd and 9 at midfield, players out of place which causes the Bears to call a timeout, and then NOBODY covering the right side of the field out of the huddle on a huge third and goal.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that TD drive to end the first half.

Broken coverage on the 3rd and 9 at midfield, players out of place which causes the Bears to call a timeout, and then NOBODY covering the right side of the field out of the huddle on a huge third and goal.

There is no coverage to breakdown. Plain and simple. No d-line is hurting this secondary. And it was thought of as the strength of this team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no coverage to breakdown. Plain and simple. No d-line is hurting this secondary. And it was thought of as the strength of this team.

The D-line has actually been a lot better today. Pressure has been fine. Coverage has broken down.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 180 yds rushing and only 1sack. Qb has over 50 yds rushing..I would say the d-line is not getting much pressure:L

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happens we need the defense to play lights out this next drive

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
secondary is just terrible. keep masking bad players in a cover two. I think I learned the true meaning to cover two today, there are two guys to blame other than yourself to cover your ass. Time to scrap this thing.

Corey Wooten played three technique awesome today. He made a difference with Paea on that d line. McClellan should just be inactive already, leave Bass out there.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
secondary is just terrible. keep masking bad players in a cover two. I think I learned the true meaning to cover two today, there are two guys to blame other than yourself to cover your ass. Time to scrap this thing.

Corey Wooten played three technique awesome today. He made a difference with Paea on that d line. McClellan should just be inactive already, leave Bass out there.

Actually McClellin played okay yesterday.

Had a tackle for a loss in the backfield, and had a couple hurries and hard hits on RGIII.

I agree that he's a disappointment, but he's a decent depth guy. Unfortunately, we need him almost every down with Wooton at the three technique.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick of people saying the secondary is the problem. Couldn't be more wrong.

ANY secondary would struggle with this pass rush. The secondary isn't great, but it's not even close to being the biggest problem.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick of people saying the secondary is the problem. Couldn't be more wrong.

ANY secondary would struggle with this pass rush. The secondary isn't great, but it's not even close to being the biggest problem.

Well, Conte is terrible...but we knew that, lol. It looked to me the Bears brought an extra guy to stop the run, especially when RG3 was baffling the entire defense early in the game. Weve seen this before...if rushing 4 isnt effective, the back 7 is compromised.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Conte is terrible...but we knew that, lol. It looked to me the Bears brought an extra guy to stop the run, especially when RG3 was baffling the entire defense early in the game. Weve seen this before...if rushing 4 isnt effective, the back 7 is compromised.

Yup. They showed eight men fronts a lot throughout that game. The read option STILL killed us. Reminded me of Russell Wilson beating us with the read option at the end of that gut wrenching loss to Seattle last season.

Kaep, Wilson, and RGIII... have all made the Bears look stupid with that dumb offense. Have to think there's something to that.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. They showed eight men fronts a lot throughout that game. The read option STILL killed us. Reminded me of Russell Wilson beating us with the read option at the end of that gut wrenching loss to Seattle last season.

Kaep, Wilson, and RGIII... have all made the Bears look stupid with that dumb offense. Have to think there's something to that.

"Look stupid with that dumb offense"...lol that was very John Maddenish of you, richig. Well done!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard the get rid of Tucker train Rich. I don't even wanna get into how much I dislike him,it would take to long.

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Tucker hater YET. But I sure am getting there. I would rather see them eat crow and offer Rivera his old job back, since he will probably get fired after this year anyway, and he would get paid the same amount as Trestman. Or offer the job to Urlacher. I cant think of a better guy for the job. He has trained under Smith, Rivera and Marinelli. He also seems very capable to put people where they will succeed. Give Lach a chance!

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Tucker hater YET. But I sure am getting there. I would rather see them eat crow and offer Rivera his old job back, since he will probably get fired after this year anyway, and he would get paid the same amount as Trestman. Or offer the job to Urlacher. I cant think of a better guy for the job. He has trained under Smith, Rivera and Marinelli. He also seems very capable to put people where they will succeed. Give Lach a chance!

Urlacher said very clearly that he has zero interest in coaching.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually McClellin played okay yesterday.

Had a tackle for a loss in the backfield, and had a couple hurries and hard hits on RGIII.

I agree that he's a disappointment, but he's a decent depth guy. Unfortunately, we need him almost every down with Wooton at the three technique.

He is showing he should be mark anderson, come in on third down. you mention 3 or 4 plays, I think he was on the field for 50.

I guess McClellans 17 tackles are not so bad if you consider another stat that is mindboggling is Peppers is only credited for 15 tackles this entire season. He is on pace to have his worst year ever. tackles in games. Redskins 7, giants 0, New orleans 0, detroit 6, pitts 1, minnesota 1, Cincinatti 0.

C

cubzzzfanincali

so I have a question....the thread was started under the guise of being hating Tucker, but most of the comments are about bad play by players, not scheme. Do you think Tucker is responsible for the bad play, or the talent just isn't there?

I'm sort of neutral on Tucker at the moment. As you guys know I was nervous about D line depth before the season, and that's not really Tucker's fault. Plus I liked the way the D started the season out. The fact that the defensive roster has suffered mightily with injuries, and doesn't have the depth to take it...is this something you hate Tucker for?

What defensive schemes do you think we should be doing differently? I'm asking, not forcing an argument...I'd like to hear your takes. Not gripes about Shea (is anyone REALLY surprised he can't defend the run as a defensive end?)..but rather what's Tucker doing wrong?

C

cubzzzfanincali

here's another question....for those of you who hated Lovie Smith because he delegated the offense away and couldn't hire a good OC....do you also hate Trestman for delegating the defense and having a "hateable" DC?