• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Officially a Nets fan

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to get tickets to Mets, Yankees, Knicks and Rangers games, but never the Jets or Giants. Those were way too valuable for partners to just give away to randos.

Once I got Rangers tickets in a luxury box...ho, LAWD I got spoiled. Free hot food and all the beers I could drink, plus that private bathroom, which permitted me to consume way more beers than I normally would during a game.

Nike had really good Ranger tkts, but Reebok had a box...I got Rangers Nike seats center ice on the glass once, and the Reebox box once...US Open at Flushing Meadows...got to see Sampras and Agassi duel. A daytime businessman special games in the Bronx...those were the days!

Surprise you couldn't get Jets, there was seemingly always Jets tkts floating around, but that was the Parcells era Giants, tough ticket.

Too bad they didn't pay worth a damn so I bailed after 3 yrs on the gig and took a job in Philly. And it kinda started all over again down there...corp sports tickets was a nice perk. I was no longer in sporting goods trade, we even got concert tkts from Panasonic...I remember seeing Clapton on Pana's dime.

Those were the days...lol!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could possibly be a Nets fan if they could just add a third color to their entire look. Even adding KD and Kyrie doesn't seem to make anything about the Nets exciting. The entire look, brand, franchise has this boring feel.

LOL...they took a LOT of flack when they went to that binary black/white color scheme. I liked the old look with the red in it, but the B/W has actually grown on me. It's kind of "New York-ish," trying to say they embrace the City.

They put out some swag that was in high demand for a while because of the look

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise you couldn't get Jets, there was seemingly always Jets tkts floating around, but that was the Parcells era Giants, tough ticket.

I think there must have been some guys in his firm who loved the Jets, or maybe they re-sold them. Only 8 of those a year, too. 81 baseball games and 41 hockey/bball games meant a lot of those went un-used.

My friend was a Yankee fan, so when it was his turn to get the Mets box, he gave them to me. But there were times when he couldn't even use his yankee tickets, and he knew I would at least appreciate going to a game.

I was really sad when he and his wife left New York.