• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Officially a Nets fan

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no different than you and I switching to the Eagles. Dolan ain't no worse than Snyder.

As for the player thing I don't get that either. I root for players too, often they change teams. I didn't become a Rays fan when Wade Boggs went to Tampa or Clemens to Toronto, never even considered it.

I think it is a little different to be honest.

I know the Nets and Knicks are in the same division, but is there even a real rivalry there? Maybe there is, but it doesn’t seem the same as an NFL division rivalry to me. And they are in the same city.

But yeah, Snyder is horrible too.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no different than you and I switching to the Eagles. Dolan ain't no worse than Snyder.

As for the player thing I don't get that either. I root for players too, often they change teams. I didn't become a Rays fan when Wade Boggs went to Tampa or Clemens to Toronto, never even considered it.
It is different with funs that are following players... Imagine a fun from Cameroon who because of Embiid, is a Sixers fun... Do you expect him to stay with the Sixers if Embiid ever changes team?

Boston for instance, has one of the largestest Greek communities in the NBA... almost all of them funs that are of Greek origin and were supporting the Celtics until 2013, have become Bucks funs eversince Giannis was drafted.

Same with the New York funs that are of Greek origin and used to be Knicks or Nets funs before Giannis was drafted.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans that switch teams to go with a winner are not fans at all.
I'd allow Knick fans an out. Especially if you are just switching to the other NYC team. Can't switch back though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with that.

For a New Yorker though?

The Knicks appear hopeless as long as Dolan is in charge. If a Knick fan wants to pull for Brooklyn that isn’t the same to me as the fan who randomly hops on the next bandwagon.
Ninja'd me

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly surprised more NYers haven't done this (though I expect tons will now). Brooklyn has become the cool place to be the last decade anyway in NY*, the fans might as well jump on that bandwagon when it comes to sports as well

*This is one of the big reasons why I always said Brooklyn was a dark horse for KD and other free agents the last year or two. There's a lot of old types in media that don't realize young people (20s and 30s) want to be in Brooklyn, not Manhattan or other parts of NYC. That combined with the Nets management turning things around made them very appealing

In NYC area sports, you don't 'just switch' teams.

It's like sexual orientation.

It might take the better part of your adolescence and some experimentation to figure it out, but one you do, that's what team you go with.

You're either a Mets fan or a Yankees fan, a Giants fan, or a Jets fan.

That said, I think there's a bunch of kids who are really fans of neither team, since they have both been terrible, and now the Nets have two of the three most popular players in the NBA.

So ... all aboard.

56d08e6c2e5265bb008b9d87-1536-1028.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the pinballs didn't land Zion, the Knicks had to be thinking FA would bail them out, but if the reports are true that Dolan didn't want to offer KD a max deal because of the injury, he was doomed.

Bottom line, while the league probably would like to see NY relevant again, I don't think they really care if it's the Knicks or Nets anymore.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a little different to be honest.

I know the Nets and Knicks are in the same division, but is there even a real rivalry there? Maybe there is, but it doesn’t seem the same as an NFL division rivalry to me. And they are in the same city.

But yeah, Snyder is horrible too.

They've never really been good at the same time.

Knicks fans are pretty loyal. The 'younger' Knicks fans these days would have been fans of either the Ewing Knicks or the Allan Houston Knicks and they are loyal.

I used to go the games in Jersey and half the building would be Knicks fans.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could anyone continue to cheer for the Knicks.

They traded away Porzingis to get the team ready to put together a super team and in the end, their big signing is Julius F’ing Randle?!?:pound:

Wow. Dolan should give himself a lifetime ban from MSG.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sitting here wanting to f n scream, but than I realized, I get all the Nets game too... and, F the corporations here in NY , they are just as guilty as scummbag Dolan for the continued support !

How bout a hug

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knicks fans are pretty loyal. The 'younger' Knicks fans these days would have been fans of either the Ewing Knicks or the Allan Houston Knicks and they are loyal.

I've remained lukewarm on the Nets ever since moving here. I have wanted to support them but just really don't care that much about NBA anymore, until the playoffs anyways. I was a Hornets fan from the time they got the original franchise in Charlotte, but then they moved to become the Pelicans; and I moved away from the Carolinas before the Bobcats/new Hornets came back.

I've been to Nets games in Barclays and they're still building a fanbase. Crowds there aren't enthusiastic... lots of them seem bored or disinterested in the games (myself included, honestly). My family met Luis Scola and Jeremy Lin after a game a few years ago, two really nice guys who are no longer with the team. I don't have any connections with any current players and there hasn't been much to get excited about.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've remained lukewarm on the Nets ever since moving here. I have wanted to support them but just really don't care that much about NBA anymore, until the playoffs anyways. I was a Hornets fan from the time they got the original franchise in Charlotte, but then they moved to become the Pelicans; and I moved away from the Carolinas before the Bobcats/new Hornets came back.

I've been to Nets games in Barclays and they're still building a fanbase. Crowds there aren't enthusiastic... lots of them seem bored or disinterested in the games (myself included, honestly). My family met Luis Scola and Jeremy Lin after a game a few years ago, two really nice guys who are no longer with the team. I don't have any connections with any current players and there hasn't been much to get excited about.

TL;DR

Assuming you're gushing over your belurveed Nets.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was back in the Ewing/Starks era...I got to see MJ twice, once on the floor about 4 rows back on baseline...Lakers, many of the top teams all at the Meadowlands.

Back then, you couldn't get into MSG when the big boys came into town, but you could go see them in NJ.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was back in the Ewing/Starks era...I got to see MJ twice, once on the floor about 4 rows back on baseline...Lakers, many of the top teams all at the Meadowlands.

Back then, you couldn't get into MSG when the big boys came into town, but you could go see them in NJ.

I remember those days, MSG was the place to be. I had a friend who's law firm had season tickets, he would pass them on to me from time to time if he couldn't use them. I got to see a Knicks-Heat game one Sunday afternoon, shortly after the "Van Gundy grabbing Alonzo Mourning's leg" game.

That place was rockin'.

The Meadowlands was never like that, nor has Barclays Center come close to the same atmosphere.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those days, MSG was the place to be. I had a friend who's law firm had season tickets, he would pass them on to me from time to time if he couldn't use them. I got to see a Knicks-Heat game one Sunday afternoon, shortly after the "Van Gundy grabbing Alonzo Mourning's leg" game.

That place was rockin'.

The Meadowlands was never like that, nor has Barclays Center come close to the same atmosphere.

Yep...the 1st 6 mos I lived in the northeast, I was in the corp apartment in Battery Park City (walked to work to 233 Broadway the old Woolworth building across from city hall). We got vendor tkts for a Rangers, Knicks, Jets...(Giants were much harder to come by...in fact I never got to see them at the Meadowlands, Philly and WAS I did) I got my share and yes, the Garden used to be rocking.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That place was rockin'.

I got to attend Knicks/Bulls game 7 the year Jordan was playing baseball.

Pretty sure my uncle had to sell a kidney to those tickets.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...the 1st 6 mos I lived in the northeast, I was in the corp apartment in Battery Park City (walked to work to 233 Broadway the old Woolworth building across from city hall). We got vendor tkts for a Rangers, Knicks, Jets...(Giants were much harder to come by...in fact I never got to see them at the Meadowlands, Philly and WAS I did) I got my share and yes, the Garden used to be rocking.

I used to get tickets to Mets, Yankees, Knicks and Rangers games, but never the Jets or Giants. Those were way too valuable for partners to just give away to randos.

Once I got Rangers tickets in a luxury box...ho, LAWD I got spoiled. Free hot food and all the beers I could drink, plus that private bathroom, which permitted me to consume way more beers than I normally would during a game.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could possibly be a Nets fan if they could just add a third color to their entire look. Even adding KD and Kyrie doesn't seem to make anything about the Nets exciting. The entire look, brand, franchise has this boring feel.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could possibly be a Nets fan if they could just add a third color to their entire look. Even adding KD and Kyrie doesn't seem to make anything about the Nets exciting. The entire look, brand, franchise has this boring feel.
Not a big surprise an Oregon fan would be focused on the unis