• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official VT Coaching Search Thread

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brenden Hill talks with DeAngelo Hall. This cements my obsession with Shane Beamer.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are better options, but Shane is easily the best long term option that VT could afford. As others have said, anyone with success will likely be poached. If he could put a 4 star staff together and some 5 star recruiters, he could bring VT back from the dead.
I know a lot of people have been down on Hamilton as DC this year. But he hasn’t exactly been playing with a full deck. Bud raves about him.. Not saying he would, or even should, but Hamilton and Tapp sticking around might be an option with Shane..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea - We're fucked. At this point best case scenario is Grantham or Elliot. Neither of which excite me.

Nah. We're not fucked. Only way we're fucked is if we keep Fuente. Shane isn't a can't miss candidate. That's just your Frank Beamer nostalgia clouding your judgement. He could have been ok, but he could also not be. Hell, there's a significant part of SC's fanbase that don't even like the hire. Tony Elliot would still be a very nice candidate and his resume is arguably better. At the very least, its just as good. And if Texas does fire Herman, we should absolutely make a push to get him. There's some other assistants and other HCs that are decent options as well.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. We're not fucked. Only way we're fucked is if we keep Fuente. Shane isn't a can't miss candidate. That's just your Frank Beamer nostalgia clouding your judgement. He could have been ok, but he could also not be. Hell, there's a significant part of SC's fanbase that don't even like the hire. Tony Elliot would still be a very nice candidate and his resume is arguably better. At the very least, its just as good. And if Texas does fire Herman, we should absolutely make a push to get him. There's some other assistants and other HCs that are decent options as well.
Herman in Blacksburg would be intriguing.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could do worse but,

RichRod 163 wins

Herman 53 wins

Hire RichRod, be hated by everyone.... and fun to watch at the same time.

RR made Herman what he is, its HIS system.
Let me clear this idea up by saying there is absolutely ZERO chance of VT hiring RichRod.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so here's what I know so far.

Whit has a meeting with the BOV today.
Boosters have pooled the money for the $10m buyout.
University apparently willing to help out since they know the importance of football to the school as a whole.
Fuente will be released this week.
Tony Elliot will be announced as HC with Chad Morris most likely being named OC.
Timing for the hire is over next weekend/likely Monday

Thinks could always change but the puzzle pieces are falling into place.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fucking dumbass shit right here. Determined to kill this program

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fucking dumbass shit right here. Determined to kill this program
I have no idea. All my sources are really confused. Something changed in their meeting yesterday morning. Apparently Whit made a last minute change. He has officially tied himself to Fuente's ship. When Fuente fails next year, Whit will be in serious hot water.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read Whit's press conference.

FUCK SANDS. FUCK THE BOV. FUCK WHIT. FUCK FUENTE. FUCK THEM ALL

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read Whit's press conference.

FUCK SANDS. FUCK THE BOV. FUCK WHIT. FUCK FUENTE. FUCK THEM ALL
Man I watched it. It was fucking sad. Just lies after lies. Whit reading from a 20 min prepared statement. Telling the small donors that he doesn't care when they threaten to not donate because they don't give much anyways.

We're done. He don't give a shit. No coaching changes. A little more funding for recruiting positions but thats it.

Mother fucker had the AUDACITY to say it was fine that we finished 7/8 in the conference because we're 7/8 in funding.

Fuck Whit. Fuck Fuente. They can both GTFO.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so here's what I know so far.

Whit has a meeting with the BOV today.
Boosters have pooled the money for the $10m buyout.
University apparently willing to help out since they know the importance of football to the school as a whole.
Fuente will be released this week.
Tony Elliot will be announced as HC with Chad Morris most likely being named OC.
Timing for the hire is over next weekend/likely Monday

Thinks could always change but the puzzle pieces are falling into place.
What were you smoking when you wrote this?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you Va Tech guys think about them skipping out on a bowl game? The NCAA removed the bowl requirements, seems silly to pass on, were there behind the scene scandals or something?

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were you smoking when you wrote this?
I don't know what to tell you man. It was a done deal. The press conference yesterday was scheduled to announce the firing and then something happened. Best I've been able to piece together is that Elliot bumped his ask at the last minute and our president pulled the plug on the whole thing. It's be a shitshow.

What do you Va Tech guys think about them skipping out on a bowl game? The NCAA removed the bowl requirements, seems silly to pass on, were there behind the scene scandals or something?

It's whatever. The players voted on it so I'm fine with it. One less game I have to watch Fuente coach.