• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Signing Draft Picks Thread

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I'm hearing he is going to sign with Pirates. He did not show up to UT work outs instead choosing to return to Arlington."
- Jablesbelles @ ESPN message boards

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I'm hearing he is going to sign with Pirates. He did not show up to UT work outs instead choosing to return to Arlington."
- Jablesbelles @ ESPN message boards

The only thing him not showing up at Texas workouts means is that he is listening, which is more than a lot of people were saying last week. But anyway, there is still a chance, if we start signing a slew of other 11-20 picks in the early afternoon, I would guess he is going to college, if not, I think we might get him.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definately...He could have just sent the letter and been done with it and said I told you so, but I believe that he's going to sign, it's a win-win for him and Boros. I guess that we will find out soon, real soon!

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm retired Navy and working in the area. Would rather be in the Burgh having Primanti Brothers every other day and getting my Pittsburghese accent back. I was up for the Friday night San diego game and actually said yunz a couple times. Maybe when the kids are graduated we'll move back, who knows?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than before the draft he said he didn't want to be drafted there has been no words saying it again that I have heard. Why hire Boros as an "advisor"? And with the new rules taking effect, now is his chance to strike it big and of course my gut feeling.

All logic points to him signing (or that he should sign), but the family seems to illogically put a strong emphasis on college, so I'm still expecting him not to sign.

It's a big day though, I actually forgot the signing deadline was tonight.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, I'm retired Navy and working in the area. Would rather be in the Burgh having Primanti Brothers every other day and getting my Pittsburghese accent back. I was up for the Friday night San diego game and actually said yunz a couple times. Maybe when the kids are graduated we'll move back, who knows?

I am retired Navy as well. I am living in Kenosha, Wi working in Milwaukee.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Holmes signed with the highest 9th round value ever for 1.2 million per Jim Callis. Figured it would take a lot since he was committed to Auburn but if they can pull him I bet Bell will sign or is this over slot done since they know Bell won't sign?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Holmes signed with the highest 9th round value ever for 1.2 million per Jim Callis. Figured it would take a lot since he was committed to Auburn but if they can pull him I bet Bell will sign or is this over slot done since they know Bell won't sign?

That's aggressive. If they sign Bell and Cole, you've got to think they'll be right up against their draft budget, if not over it. I do think this means Bell won't sign, unfortunately, but that means if he does, I'll be extra excited. :)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per John Heyman Cole and Bell have signed! I can't find details yet.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i told you guys. a million billion times didn't i?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 Million for Cole and 5 for Bell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$17 million spent in this year's draft. Clearly, this front office is serious about bringing talent into the fold.

Some interesting notes.

We signed all of our top-10 picks.

We signed at least 4 top-100 prospects in the draft class. I can think of 4 off the top of my head, there may have been more. This includes #1, #15, and #37, our top three picks of Cole, Bell, and Dickerson, and I believe Holmes was #76. If there are any others, please do add them to this list.

I loved the aggressiveness in this draft. This may very well jump the Pirates to having a top-10 ranked farm system. Adding two legitimate bats in Bell and Dickerson certainly helps that. And I really think we've got to be top-10 already in terms of pitching talent thanks to Taillon, Heredia, and Allie, but adding Cole and Holmes all but guarantees it.

I'm just really excited about this year's draft. Man.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news to wake up to in the morning! Props to NH for taking a chance on Bell, when everyone said there was no chance of him signing, and getting that shit done!

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed..... great news to wake up to. I'm ecstatic that Huntington was able to add 3 excellent prospects on the last day. I'll be even happier when these guys perform.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great boost to the farm system. Can't wait till some of these guys start showing up in the bigs. I think Huntington just bought himself 3 more years as GM.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$17 million spent in this year's draft. Clearly, this front office is serious about bringing talent into the fold.

Some interesting notes.

We signed all of our top-10 picks.

We signed at least 4 top-100 prospects in the draft class. I can think of 4 off the top of my head, there may have been more. This includes #1, #15, and #37, our top three picks of Cole, Bell, and Dickerson, and I believe Holmes was #76. If there are any others, please do add them to this list.

I loved the aggressiveness in this draft. This may very well jump the Pirates to having a top-10 ranked farm system. Adding two legitimate bats in Bell and Dickerson certainly helps that. And I really think we've got to be top-10 already in terms of pitching talent thanks to Taillon, Heredia, and Allie, but adding Cole and Holmes all but guarantees it.

I'm just really excited about this year's draft. Man.

Great news to wake up to in the morning! Props to NH for taking a chance on Bell, when everyone said there was no chance of him signing, and getting that shit done!

Indeed..... great news to wake up to. I'm ecstatic that Huntington was able to add 3 excellent prospects on the last day. I'll be even happier when these guys perform.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

This is fantastic news!! I don't think I've ever felt this type of appreciation for the Pirates front office. I can't believe they were able to sign both of these guys. I knew the Cole signing was going to happen, people's heads would role if they failed to sign him, but I didn't think Bell was going to be included.

I'm very proud of this front office!! Way to go Buccos!!! :smile:

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's A GREAT DAY to be a Bucco Fan Guys! Gotta give Huntington Credit! (Extend That Man's Contract!) Cole & Bell & Dickerson! What A Job, in those top 3 picks!

I am telling you guys, it may not be showing up in the W & L on the field quite yet,but the tide is turning to the good for this franchise!

I think we now have a top 10 Farm System, with more to come in future drafts, I'm sure.
Also, Man, do we really have some Bleepin Pitching in the minors now, or what!?

It's a Beautiful Day to be a Bucco Fan!

Everybody have a Great Day!

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic draft and signings, a lot to be excited about. I understand the thought process of building within and feel that the Front Office is doing what is neccessary!

It is a beautiful day in Bucco Land!

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
great day of signings. is it just me or is there a problem that the draft year is a waste as far as further professional development. they go to the wire, then nothing else after the signing until feb 2012. if they were real gamers, wouldnt they sign and get playing. college ball ended 50-70 days ago for most of them. we used to play legion ball all the way to aug 18, pitching 9 innings, playing 5-7 games per week.
nice dickerso signed and is playing, but what about the other gamers.
just my pet peeve. they could make it highr faster and get that mega payday sooner.
it is such a beautiful day in the northeast, let's play 2 weather and our 2 best new prospects havent done anything from june 20 to at least november.
ok, i am done. thanks for listening. i hate this fra-jill-ee generation (christmas story reference with darren mcgavin)