• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official NXT thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Escape to Win Cage Match stipulations.

Not a fan of outside interference in cage matches.

That being said, the finish to Tegan Nox and Dakota Kai was a unique way of combining the two.

still an underwhelming match overall, but the creativity at the end was fine.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream vs Cole for the title? I can get down with that.

I’d prefer balor.

the leap from strong to Cole is a rather large one here....

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ ripley taking half an hour to get the ring at the end.

AEW is really whooping on them right now

They're really not. But when you're as invested in the dirt sheet narrative, like you are, you're unable or unwilling to look at things with an unbiased eye.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're really not. But when you're as invested in the dirt sheet narrative, like you are, you're unable or unwilling to look at things with an unbiased eye.

won the ratings every week and just put on a great Ppv. Best of the year by far.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
won the ratings every week and just put on a great Ppv. Best of the year by far.

I mean yes they’re winning in the ratings(but no they haven’t won every single week like you claimed) against WWE’s third brand. Now I know you’re trying to play it up as WWE is scared and that’s why they’re booking NXT to be so strong when in reality they’re booking NXT strong because they’re trying to make it a viable brand they can sell TV rights too, so I’d be worried if AEW wasn’t beating them in the ratings.

Also they were just coming off a great pay-per-view as you said and the rating only went up 40,000 people. So either A) Moxley isn’t that marketable as a champion, B) people only watched because Chris Jericho was champion, or C) people just don’t really care in general and 900,000 is the best they’re going to do.

TNT is happy with what they’re getting so right now that’s all that matters but they’re not setting the world on fire like a lot of people falsely hype them up as doing.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream vs Cole for the title? I can get down with that.
It shouldn't be bad. I feel like Dream is like the Miz in that if he's in there with a good opponent, he can hold up his end. But if he has to be the one to carry the match, it's more than likely not going to end up going well.

I mean yes they’re winning in the ratings(but no they haven’t won every single week like you claimed) against WWE’s third brand. Now I know you’re trying to play it up as WWE is scared and that’s why they’re booking NXT to be so strong when in reality they’re booking NXT strong because they’re trying to make it a viable brand they can sell TV rights too, so I’d be worried if AEW wasn’t beating them in the ratings.

Also they were just coming off a great pay-per-view as you said and the rating only went up 40,000 people. So either A) Moxley isn’t that marketable as a champion, B) people only watched because Chris Jericho was champion, or C) people just don’t really care in general and 900,000 is the best they’re going to do.

TNT is happy with what they’re getting so right now that’s all that matters but they’re not setting the world on fire like a lot of people falsely hype them up as doing.
I'm thinking it's more C. They've found that their audience will usually be in that 850,000 to 950,000 range and rarely skews out of that either way. Only way it'd likely get over a million is if NXT is off or does some type of clip show.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It shouldn't be bad. I feel like Dream is like the Miz in that if he's in there with a good opponent, he can hold up his end. But if he has to be the one to carry the match, it's more than likely not going to end up going well.

I'm thinking it's more C. They've found that their audience will usually be in that 850,000 to 950,000 range and rarely skews out of that either way. Only way it'd likely get over a million is if NXT is off or does some type of clip show.

it’s more vinces plan to slow their growth is working keeping the die hards by giving them something to watch during that time slot.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn...this mf'er ^^^ spittin'!!

Also, in relation to the bolded, that's part of the dirt sheet narrative that I'm always going on about. In addition, he (The Q. Pronouns pal) isn't the first on this board to hold that opinion. Just the latest.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...this mf'er ^^^ spittin'!!

Also, in relation to the bolded, that's part of the dirt sheet narrative that I'm always going on about. In addition, he (The Q. Pronouns pal) isn't the first on this board to hold that opinion. Just the latest.

spittin meh.

if you don’t think Vince is doing it to slow them down, you don’t know Vince.

not saying he’s scared. But he’s definitely throwing a block out there. You are in denial about that though

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you think it’s a coincidence that they dragged Charlotte flair out unnecessarily long so the greatest women’s wrestler of all time showed up that night?

or not one but two cage matches conveniently after an epic cage match for aew?

They aren’t coincidences.

this is a calculated move

Im not even saying I wouldn’t be doing the same thing if I was Vince and the Shovel. but it is reality.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I was Vince and the Shovel. but it is reality.

That right there proves your bias and that you can't be subjective and fair. Which is fine but at least call a spade a spade and admit it. You are inherently always going to look at anything involving these 2 things with an anti-WWE/Pro-AEW bias. You're 100% entitled to do that as long as you don't pretend it isn't that way when it gets brought up.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That right there proves your bias and that you can't be subjective and fair. Which is fine but at least call a spade a spade and admit it. You are inherently always going to look at anything involving these 2 things with an anti-WWE/Pro-AEW bias. You're 100% entitled to do that as long as you don't pretend it isn't that way when it gets brought up.

i have made no secret I dislike hhh.

he’s been awful for the business as a selfish prick.

I respect Vince and prefer the old wwf days. But right now aew is putting out a hell of a product.

I loved the rumble.

I thought ec started off really strong and got worse as the card went on.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flair is so much better than Ripley on the mic....it's not even fair.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little Marty Janetty reference with Ciamnpa and Gargano.

And once again....what the heel says isn't wrong...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2