• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official NXT thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That not necessarily true. Bryan and Dave both said how NXT was better last night, that it even had a Takeover feel to it. They said AEW was fine but they need to work on fixing these PIP breaks where something is going on and the announcers don’t mention of it. I believe that they also said that the top stars are jobbing too much and that the Dark Order angle at the end of the show fell flat.

many biggest complaint with nxt is they do nothing as creative as the dark order.

did they mention specifically who was jobbing?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dark order angle was aweosme.

mans having 2 title matches with the clear top contenders will do that. Balor was magnificent in the ring last night.
Their vignettes have been good but the gimmick hasn’t translated well at all to the crowd and I assume most of the viewers.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their vignettes have been good but the gimmick hasn’t translated well at all to the crowd and I assume most of the viewers.

this is one of those times when I feel the game has passed me by.

this is creative and fun as hell.

It might need one big name to make it jump off (like hogan with the nwo)

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That not necessarily true. Bryan and Dave both said how NXT was better last night, that it even had a Takeover feel to it. They said AEW was fine but they need to work on fixing these PIP breaks where something is going on and the announcers don’t mention of it. I believe that they also said that the top stars are jobbing too much and that the Dark Order angle at the end of the show fell flat.

I assume you're referring to the Wrestling Observer Live fellows. I haven't heard what they said but they've been known to hype up AEW and downplay NXT (really WWE). Bryan Alvarez is the worst offender, IMO. They (WWE/NXT) could put on a 20 star show and Alvarez will find something in said show to shit on.

Dave Meltzer on the other hand...well I've been told he's AEW's unpaid PR guy. I don't believe that, because Cody Rhodes has gone on record as saying All In last year was a big fuck you to Meltzer. Of course I was told the aforementioned "fuck you" was really just some friendly jabs. Or something.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you're referring to the Wrestling Observer Live fellows. I haven't heard what they said but they've been known to hype up AEW and downplay NXT (really WWE). Bryan Alvarez is the worst offender, IMO. They (WWE/NXT) could put on a 20 star show and Alvarez will find something in said show to shit on.

Dave Meltzer on the other hand...well I've been told he's AEW's unpaid PR guy. I don't believe that, because Cody Rhodes has gone on record as saying All In last year was a big fuck you to Meltzer. Of course I was told the aforementioned "fuck you" was really just some friendly jabs. Or something.

you seem unable to understand that some people simply prefer AEW’s old school style and feel.

Especially with the weak promo game of nxt stars

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's all in (pardon the pun) on the dirt sheet narrative.

Note: Not sure if you know what the dirt sheet narrative is. But the gist is that AEW is where it's at, can do no wrong. At all...ever. While at the same time NXT is complete shit, can't do anything right. At all...ever.

Most dirt sheets I see love NXT

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They rushed things with them last night. They've been making good headway with the vignettes but they jumped right into those jobbers joining up and already beating down the top guys. Not only was it rushed, you'd have no idea who the hell those jobbers are and that they were even considering joining if you haven't watched BTE on youtube the last two weeks (which they made no reference to on the tv show)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They rushed things with them last night. They've been making good headway with the vignettes but they jumped right into those jobbers joining up and already beating down the top guys. Not only was it rushed, you'd have no idea who the hell those jobbers are and that they were even considering joining if you haven't watched BTE on youtube the last two weeks (which they made no reference to on the tv show)
I figure Nakazawa is going to join them at some point. I saw a fat guy as one of the creepers last night, so I'm assuming that's the one that got attacked last week because he just wanted to have friends or something to that affect?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure Nakazawa is going to join them at some point. I saw a fat guy as one of the creepers last night, so I'm assuming that's the one that got attacked last week because he just wanted to have friends or something to that affect?

No clue who it was and I don't think it mattered. I think it was just a bunch of local jobbers and people in the back. Like one them was clearly Brendan Cutler

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue who it was and I don't think it mattered. I think it was just a bunch of local jobbers and people in the back. Like one them was clearly Brendan Cutler
I figured some definitely were local talent. I didn't spot Cutler though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured some definitely were local talent. I didn't spot Cutler though.

He was squatted down near the middle at the close of the show. There's some screen grabs on twitter and reddit.You can pretty much tell its him because of his body structure

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I’ve seen the only dirtsheet that seems 100% fair is PWInsider. I think the other ones outside of the Wrestling Observer(who are pretty much AEW cheerleaders at this point, they’ll slightly complement NXT but pretty much when the ratings come out if NXT loses it’s the biggest win for AEW, and if NXT wins there’s always an excuse as to why AEW lost) like NXT but they are more biased towards AEW because it’s not a WWE product.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't trust the fans at this point with their double standards for NXT vs. the varsity brands and how they just voted the trash WM main event as match of the year when it wasn't even the best match on the card.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seem unable to understand that some people simply prefer AEW’s old school style and feel.

Especially with the weak promo game of nxt stars

I've stated my problems with AEW and the dirt sheet narrative more times than I care to count. If you're unable, or unwilling, to find out what they are, then that's on you.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think I’ve said either. In fact I just said one part Of nxt that I really like (Balor).

I really do like aew though.

You're right. You just say that NXT is JV and can't cut a promo to save their lives.

Interestingly, that sounds a lot like the dirt sheet narrative. But, apparently that's just crazy talk.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not Wrestling Obsever. More specifically Bryan Alvarez. He shits on all things WWE. Which, as you know, includes NXT.

I still don't know where Meltzer stands in regards to WWE/NXT. As I mentioned before he's allegedly AEW's unpaid PR guy. So that would presume he's rabidly anti-WWE.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm listening to yesterday's excerpt from WOL on YouTube and to my surprise Alvarez wasn't shitting on NXT.

I'm shocked by this as Alvarez hates WWE with the fire of a thousand suns. If you go by his previous comments, that is.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW=Good

NXT=Bad

a.k.a. the dirt sheet narrative

I have issues with both.

I’d say nxt is more overrated than bad since everyone else in this thread says they can do no wrong and are great on the mic.

It’s laughable to complain about Rollins and reigns on the mic when not one person in nxt right now is on the same planet as them on the mic.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm listening to yesterday's excerpt from WOL on YouTube and to my surprise Alvarez wasn't shitting on NXT.

I'm shocked by this as Alvarez hates WWE with the fire of a thousand suns. If you go by his previous comments, that is.
I think it’s booking of the main roster of WWE he hates. I don’t recall him hating NXT.