• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Lions Board Draft Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i-dont-care-bear-28275213.png

after waiting a full year to get your Johnson it finally came to fruition. Last year it was Roderick and this year it's Kerryon.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want any RB this high.

Since our front 7 needs help. But I woulda liked Jones.

I think we all had front 7 as 2 picks out of the first 4. Hopefully we still get those 2 picks. I really thought round 3 would have been one of them. I really wanted Settle. I cant see him being there in the 5th.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were decent but Pettyway was their other runner and was not that impressive. That tells me the line is not great anyway.

Pettway was a bull in a china shop RB. He is power. and slow as fuck too. worse than Joique. but he could power forward. He destroyed many a teams in the SEC. Pettway was the bellcow in 2016 for Auburn not Johnson. cuz Johnson was injured in fall camp. huh. that's starnge and a first for him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start putting all those lists of 2018 UDFA's. cuz we're going to need some rotational players out of those.

Bama NT Joshua Frazier.... 6'3...321... nothing great but could handle the 0/1 tech and some minor 5T.
NFL Draft Scout----Powered By: The Sports Xchange

Ferris State DE Zach Sieler.....6'6...288... they brought him in for a visit. fits the profile but probably gets drafted.

Lousiville Edge Trevon Young.....6'4...258... had a dislocated/fractured hip and then surgery on a hip labrum. was out all of 2016 but prior to that he was awesome in 2015 and started to come back late in 2017. it's a UDFA and worth the risk if his medicals check out and isn't drafted.

San Jose St CB Andre Chachere (tony's son)..... 6'0...197... long levered with loose hips and easy flip/transition. He could be drafted 6th-7th but if not he's worthy of a look as outside corner if not FS and prefer the latter. not shy in run support but tailed off in 2017. Better coaching and he could become a impact rotational or starter potential.

Tennessee CB Emanuel Moseley..... 5-11...190... could work into rotation for slot/nickel CB if he gets coached up. has loose hips and good instincts but can be baited by qb's eyes at times.

Central Arkansas SS George Odum..... 6-1...201

S.E. Missouri State OLB Kendall Donnerson.....6-3...250... a Kennard type player who can play SAM or in the box... has some coverage abilities buts lacks some keys/reads/instincts that might become better with proper coaching.

Wisky FS Natrell Jamerson.....5'11...201... was a wr prospect in 2014 then switched to CB then to FS. Has punt return ability and nearly 15 or 16 starts. loose hips, fluid transition, will hit in run support and speed to stick with quick/shitty receivers. needs to be deep single high, imo, which he's best at. let him come downhill against the run or see what's in front of him in coverage. he can turn and run but he only has a year experience. This is the guy they should look at to be behind Glover Quinn for tutelage. He might get drafted in 5th or 6th the way this draft is going.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Prisco gave the Johnson pick an A grade.....the most damning evidence yet.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched every draft since we drafted Herman Moore and this is the first time i've ever really got mad about it. The Ebron draft was annoying, but this one had me pissed all day.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start putting all those lists of 2018 UDFA's. cuz we're going to need some rotational players out of those.

Bama NT Joshua Frazier.... 6'3...321... nothing great but could handle the 0/1 tech and some minor 5T.

Ferris State DE Zach Sieler.....6'6...288... they brought him in for a visit. fits the profile but probably gets drafted.

Lousiville Edge Trevon Young.....6'4...258... had a dislocated/fractured hip and then surgery on a hip labrum. was out all of 2016 but prior to that he was awesome in 2015 and started to come back late in 2017. it's a UDFA and worth the risk if his medicals check out and isn't drafted.

San Jose St CB Andre Chachere (tony's son)..... 6'0...197... long levered with loose hips and easy flip/transition. He could be drafted 6th-7th but if not he's worthy of a look as outside corner if not FS and prefer the latter. not shy in run support but tailed off in 2017. Better coaching and he could become a impact rotational or starter potential.

Tennessee CB Emanuel Moseley..... 5-11...190... could work into rotation for slot/nickel CB if he gets coached up. has loose hips and good instincts but can be baited by qb's eyes at times.

Central Arkansas SS George Odum..... 6-1...201

S.E. Missouri State OLB Kendall Donnerson.....6-3...250... a Kennard type player who can play SAM or in the box... has some coverage abilities buts lacks some keys/reads/instincts that might become better with proper coaching.

Wisky FS Natrell Jamerson.....5'11...201... was a wr prospect in 2014 then switched to CB then to FS. Has punt return ability and nearly 15 or 16 starts. loose hips, fluid transition, will hit in run support and speed to stick with quick/shitty receivers. needs to be deep single high, imo, which he's best at. let him come downhill against the run or see what's in front of him in coverage. he can turn and run but he only has a year experience. This is the guy they should look at to be behind Glover Quinn for tutelage. He might get drafted in 5th or 6th the way this draft is going.

Got my eye on Trenton Thompson DT GA. He is borderline to get drafted. Nice rotational guy and run stopper.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2180475/trenton-thompson

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping to hear this morning that we are trading AA and a late rounder or 2 for a 4th. Still a lot of talent out there.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with drafting an RB trading up to draft an RB is fucking stupid

I wish they would've traded up in the 3rd and took Freeman. Maybe we would've kept our 4th rounder. Watched Johnson a few times. Looked good but nothing spectacular. I liked Freeman alot,

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the draft so far. Addressing the worst run game in the NFL. What's not to like about that?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with drafting an RB trading up to draft an RB is fucking stupid

Had to. Redskins wanted him (and are already fielding distracting questions about the RB BQ stuck them with).

Nothing wrong with going up and getting your guy.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the draft so far. Addressing the worst run game in the NFL. What's not to like about that?
I hear you. And I can live with the Ragnow pick. But the biggest weakness on this team, from a personnel standpoint, is the defensive front. It was last year, too. And for the second year in a row now, Quinn has completely ignored it. That's unforgivable.

If you can't pressure the QB or stop the run, you're not going anywhere.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't pressure the QB or stop the run, you're not going anywhere.

Precisely why Ragnow was a strong pick.

Now let's grab some D linemen today.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Shaq. Stupid media using him as a prop.