• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Free Agency Thread (Post all signings here)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
royal is night and day better

Better WR and return guy IMO. If we add Royal then we should consider dropping Williams in the future. I'm assuming we add at least 1 other guy in the draft and/or FA in this case. He would most likely have to be the 6th guy to be dropped.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? Williams has had one season compared to royals 4. Not like royals stats are mind blowing

He's a much better return man than Williams. Also, he had Tim Tebow as his starting QB when guys like Eric Decker and D. Thomas were above him on the depth chart.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta find someone since Ginn probably won't be back. Royal would be a nice pickup. But do we still go after a guy like Manningham or Lloyd?

would be nice to add royal and manningham. cap wise it should work. not sure how much lloyd will want. royal as the #3 would be ideal

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just not seeing it if you want him because he's a better returner keep ginn

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be nice to add royal and manningham. cap wise it should work. not sure how much lloyd will want. royal as the #3 would be ideal

Yeah and you don't know how well we can trust Moss. Don't want to be stuck with Crabtree and Royal. Royal is good though. He's a pretty solid and clutch receiver out of the slot.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just not seeing it if you want him because he's a better returner keep ginn

That definitely helps, but no. I want him because i think he's an under rated WR. I don't want to over pay for the guy, but i wouldn't mind giving him a 4 year 12-16 mil. contract if he would accept it. If not, then we could probably find someone else in the draft.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royal is much better IMO. In the right offense Royal can be a monster, the last time he was in a variation of the WCO he dominated.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta find someone since Ginn probably won't be back. Royal would be a nice pickup. But do we still go after a guy like Manningham or Lloyd?

Cox can fill the return man duties.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year 3M for Hillis.

He'd have been a nice change of pace back for the Niners. He is a strange fella though. I'm not sure he can keep it together mentally for a whole season.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after royal's rookie year I never imagined his productivity would go backward the way it has. I thought for sure he was on his way to being one of the better WRs in the league.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royal is much better IMO. In the right offense Royal can be a monster, the last time he was in a variation of the WCO he dominated.

That's what i was thinking. He had a great rookie season - 91 rec. - 980 yards - 5 TD's.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Forgot they said he's a PR/KR.

In his true freshman year at Oklahoma State, Cox became the first Cowboy since Barry Sanders to open a season with a kickoff return for a touchdown when he went 96 yards against Missouri State. Playing both on defense and special teams, Cox had 24 tackles on defense while breaking up five passes. His 595 kickoff return yards in 2006 represent the third best single-season total in OSU history.

Cox became a starter during his sophomore year, as he started the last eight games of the regular season at cornerback. He tied for second on the team with two interceptions while breaking up eight passes, and was also credited with 42 tackles. Cox averaged 21.5 yards on 31 kickoff returns and his 631 kickoff return yards are second best for OSU in a single season.

As a junior, Cox again returned the first kickoff of the season 90 yards for a touchdown against Washington State. He finished the season with 32 tackles, eight pass break-ups, and two interceptions.

Cox entered his senior season just 110 kickoff return yards short of the Big 12 career record. In November 2009, he was named one of the twelve semifinalists for the 2009 Jim Thorpe Award.[3]

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his true freshman year at Oklahoma State, Cox became the first Cowboy since Barry Sanders to open a season with a kickoff return for a touchdown when he went 96 yards against Missouri State. Playing both on defense and special teams, Cox had 24 tackles on defense while breaking up five passes. His 595 kickoff return yards in 2006 represent the third best single-season total in OSU history.

Cox became a starter during his sophomore year, as he started the last eight games of the regular season at cornerback. He tied for second on the team with two interceptions while breaking up eight passes, and was also credited with 42 tackles. Cox averaged 21.5 yards on 31 kickoff returns and his 631 kickoff return yards are second best for OSU in a single season.

As a junior, Cox again returned the first kickoff of the season 90 yards for a touchdown against Washington State. He finished the season with 32 tackles, eight pass break-ups, and two interceptions.

Cox entered his senior season just 110 kickoff return yards short of the Big 12 career record. In November 2009, he was named one of the twelve semifinalists for the 2009 Jim Thorpe Award.[3]

Wasn't he returning kicks with Denver as well?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert gallery released wasn't someone here high on him few years back sickness? Maybe

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert gallery released wasn't someone here high on him few years back sickness? Maybe

I think everybody was high on Gallery when he first came up. I think he was a product of steroids though.