• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking keeping some continuity on the Oline would be huge. The Oline has not great but hasn't be horrible either. There are times they look dominate.

I agree here .. McGovern started in the NFL at G and this is his first full season a C, and I think he's done well .. His experience a G is good, too

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Harris back on the right contract. He is still very good. CB’s like him don’t fall off the apple tree often.

Simmons seems like a slam dunk to me. Harris should get Wolfe’s money and Wolfe should sign a one year deal.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why everyone wants Wolfe back. Has he played more than half his games in any season? Sure, maybe it’s a risk to let him walk. To me, he’s a bigger risk to re-sign.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year deal. Not a lot of risk.

He has played in over half his games every year he has played in the NFL.

He actually hasn’t missed a game this year (although left a game injured) and played in all 16 games and in 2017 played in all 16.

I don’t think anyone is calling for him to get a long term deal here. He is a good chemistry player who can provide depth at this stage of his career.
If someone offers him a big contract then so long.
But I would only sign him to a one year friendly deal at this rate with Harris getting the cash at that spot.

Last edited:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year deal. Not a lot of risk.

He has played in over half his games every year he has played in the NFL.

He actually hasn’t missed a game this year (although left a game injured) and played in all 16 games and in 2017 played in all 16.

I don’t think anyone is calling for him to get a long term deal here. He is a good chemistry player who can provide depth at this stage of his career.
If someone offers him a big contract then so long.
But I would only sign him to a one year friendly deal at this rate with Harris getting the cash at that spot.

But will Wolfe take a friendly deal after the last time? I remember when we signed him during our Super Bowl run to a deal and then he saw what Malik Jackson got in the off-season and felt a little slighted, and now that Denver is no longer a good team I don’t think we’re in a position to be asking players to take a team friendly contract.

My biggest concern with Wolfe is based on his production this year he’s going to get a slightly bigger head and think he’s worth a good chunk of money and so if we really want him we may miss out on a 2-3 lower tier guys because we’re focusing on chasing him.

I don’t know if the NFL 100% works this way or not but I’d rather focus on signing people like Shelby Harris-Gotsis-McGovern over spending a lot of our time and just getting Wolfe.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I don’t think Wolfe is a priority or a guy we will put a lot of effort into getting re-signed. We will offer him a deal and he can take it or walk elsewhere. I don’t see us getting into a bidding war for him. We will likely have a price and he can take it or leave. Harris and others those are more likely to go into bidding wars.

I don’t see Gotsis even getting an offer from us. He appears good as gone.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I don’t think Wolfe is a priority or a guy we will put a lot of effort into getting re-signed. We will offer him a deal and he can take it or walk elsewhere. I don’t see us getting into a bidding war for him. We will likely have a price and he can take it or leave. Harris and others those are more likely to go into bidding wars.

I don’t see Gotsis even getting an offer from us. He appears good as gone.

I agree Gotsis is gone and Wolfe will have to give the Broncos a friendly contract and a home town discount to stay (and he might). I think someone around the league will value Harris over what the Broncos will offer.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Gotsis is gone and Wolfe will have to give the Broncos a friendly contract and a home town discount to stay (and he might). I think someone around the league will value Harris over what the Broncos will offer.

The Defensive backfield of Callahan, D. Harris, and Bausby is not horrible. Not sure we can count on Callahan though either.

I think Wolfe has hurt his next contract by talking about retirement, I don't think any team will offer him more then a 1 year deal in reality. The contract might say 3 years, but the team has a way out after each year.

The one guy in free agency that I can think of that would be interesting would be Trevathan. I wonder if he would like to come back to Denver? He would cost some money, but the ILB of Johnson and Trevathan would be very good. I have not looked at the list of free agents for next year, but it is risky signing free agents to big contracts. Callahan and James are prime examples.

Overall I don't want to see us sign any big name free agents outside of our own. Build through the draft and let the team chemistry build that we have going.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolfe has been playing really well this season and is a dude you want in the locker room on this young team trying to re establish culture. He's one of the few vets that has been all-in and a dude you can point to and say 'that is how you are supposed to act/attack that rep/study in the filmroom/etc. Also you very likely can get him on a deal relative to his open market value. It's been reported he is more Denver or bust in his mentality. He doesn't want to move his family. I would give him a 3 year deal w/ the last year being an option season. He is playing as good as he has since 2015 and is a better scheme fit than Shelby Harris, who is one of the many players that had asked repeatedly to be traded prior to the trade deadline, wants a massive pay day, and thinks he fits best in a four downlineman 1 gap scheme (aka a 4-3 3 tech).

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff Crash !!

Yes, it was detailed on what some of us were asking what went wrong.

Uptempo my guess we will see for the rest of the season.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That long TD to Diggs, Jackson was leaning to the far side of the field where Yiadom was on his own with the receiver streaking down the sideline ..

Nobody will ever say this, but could Jackson overcompensated because of issues Yiadom has had giving up plays this season ?? … Even if he is supposed to be deeper giving Harris some help, I would think it is quite possible that the thought was to make sure Yiadom didn't get burned again

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think Risner will keep him going mentally just enough to make it work.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Risner should be mentioned as a Team leader and Prowbowl now.

He knows what he is doing that's for sure.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3