• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive Line

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Yeah...I know....injuries...draft....disappointments......

Just a question though........does anyone think that some of our problems can be attributed to the coaching staff?.....Just asking....

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. Bulaga seemed to be a very good OT but injuries have hurt him. Sherrod was showing signs but hasn't been back since the broken leg.

Newhouse was never supposed to be a starting left tackle. Many saw him as a very good backup who could fill in on eithe side. Barclay is an UDFA who has turned into a maybe-decent right tackle. Sitton is a Pro Bowler. EDS is still a question, this will be his first full shot. I just don't think we have had a lot of luck with the OL thanks to injuries and focusing on other positions. Couldn't say how much of it was coaching

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Oline sucks the high hard one all around. They got manhandled tonight. I have concerns.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very concerned as well, which I stated in my post in the other thread. When I saw our O-line in the second half just STRUGGLE, I couldn't help but think it was a coaching thing, however, I tried to focus on the O-line on the replays and I have to question whether it was a coaching issue, a scheme issue, an experience issue(given that most of these guys are rookies), or a talent issue. I can't help but think that our guys just had a bad night, no place to put blame; they just laid a biscuit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness you guys have not had top draft picks in a longtime. Parity is set up to do just that. But I do agree you should be concerned and not because I'm a rival but because there is legitimate reason to be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very concerned as well, which I stated in my post in the other thread. When I saw our O-line in the second half just STRUGGLE, I couldn't help but think it was a coaching thing, however, I tried to focus on the O-line on the replays and I have to question whether it was a coaching issue, a scheme issue, an experience issue(given that most of these guys are rookies), or a talent issue. I can't help but think that our guys just had a bad night, no place to put blame; they just laid a biscuit.

Put the blame where it goes, on the crappy QB play. That made the line look worse then it was IMO.

blackboard83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame coaching, they seem to draft the same type of lineman. With Harrell in the game teams can really keep 8-9 in the box so they look even worst.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame coaching, they seem to draft the same type of lineman. With Harrell in the game teams can really keep 8-9 in the box so they look even worst.

Well, we don't really have to worry about that anymore, and welcome. I remember you from ESPN.:suds:

blackboard83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we don't really have to worry about that anymore, and welcome. I remember you from ESPN.:suds:

Yeah I'm from ESPN. Lacy is very productive behind the front line when Rodgers is in the game. The moment Harrell entered the game Lacy YPC went in the negatives.