• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ocho

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Illegal formation. Lined up on the LOS. Brings back a 40 yard reception.

He's their problem now.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ocho is finished..... He barely plays. He caught one ball for 14 yards while Brady has thrown for over 500.

I think it's time for Kramer to revise his prediction that the Ocho will be their leading receiver. I think it would be surprising if he gained over 650 yards this season. And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get released in the middle of the season.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was the lone good receiver on one team and joined a team that already had 4 great receivers. what did you think was going to happen? The leading receiver on that team last year only had 848 yards.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean he was the lone good receiver on our team? TO was easily better than Chad last season.... In all aspects of the game.

And I didn't expect squat from Ocho - He hasn't been good since 2007.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad really fell off lately. More concerned with self promotion than football and I would say Owens, Shipley and even Gresham was a better target for Palmer last year than Ocho was.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean he was the lone good receiver on our team? TO was easily better than Chad last season.... In all aspects of the game.

And I didn't expect squat from Ocho - He hasn't been good since 2007.

TO looked good because chad demanded the better coverage. how did housh do as soon as he left chad? And you're saying chad stopped being good the same time palmer began to suck?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO looked good because chad demanded the better coverage. how did housh do as soon as he left chad? And you're saying chad stopped being good the same time palmer began to suck?

it's no coincidence that Palmer's best games last year were when TO and Chad were out of the lineup.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO./ No he did not. Owens got the #1 every single game if that defense played CB! against WR1. A lot of teams have CB's that play sides, not players. Owens always got the best coverage, and Chad was being singled most of last year by eitehr #2 CB or whoever was on that side. They didn't even slant a safety towards him anymore, which is another reason Benson had such a miserable YPA season last year. The safety played near the line and played the middle more than slanting towards Chad.

I love Chad while he was here..but he clearly had lost his edge in the last two years and never got it back. Deal with it. You are tryign to justify the picks NE gave Cincy for him, and the fact is, Cincy may have gotten the better deal in this case. Chad is justy not what he used to be, and he was not worth the 3 year contract he got. He should be the Patriots 3rd to 4th WR now.

If he was back in Cincinnati, he would be our #2 MAYBE, and even then, Simpson may be better overall than Chad now, and that is not a compliment because Simpson is nothing special at all. He is however, a decent blocker. But his hands are like bricks. Chads best attribute was his speed, that is gone. Simpson still has that and is willing to block.

Chad is basically a slower version or Simpson (brick hands) without the willingness to block. Chad is a better route runner though.

If he doesn't beat out Simpson, he is #4 on the Bengals, because Shipley is the #3 regardless as the slot.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is not true. More times than not Chad saw the double teams last year (that's not to say he was better or worse than TO or anyone else). I distinctly remember the Browns game where TO had close to 150 yards. Chad saw hard doubles the entire game leaving TO one on one all day. TO rarely ever got the better cover because teams counted on him dropping a bunch and giving up on ruotes.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Chad will have a couple of good days during the season.... Brady always finds the open man, and the day will come that defenses will rotate away from Chad, and Brady will find him....but no way will he outshine Welker on that team....

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning guys and all Bengal fans! I'm glad the both of them are gone and we can move on with the guys we have now!Don't need the circus we had with those two,its bad enough we have people making fun of this program every yr anyway! WHO DEY!!!!! later.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, we had a couple of guys on here saying Chad was going to light it up in NE.

now they are -> :behindsofa:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude looks bad.

He doesn't know the plays, can't get lined up right (ALWAYS been an issue for him) and isn't getting open in 1-1 coverage anymore.

He's a great posession type WR under neath the defenses coverage (good hands, solid feet on quick outs) but he refuses to run middle routes to be a posession WR...and he's no longer a deep threat, though he thinks he is.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not true. More times than not Chad saw the double teams last year (that's not to say he was better or worse than TO or anyone else). I distinctly remember the Browns game where TO had close to 150 yards. Chad saw hard doubles the entire game leaving TO one on one all day. TO rarely ever got the better cover because teams counted on him dropping a bunch and giving up on ruotes.

That is so not true. Maybe in the Cleveland game yes, but typically throughout the season, it was slanted towards Owens, not Chad.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is a reason Palmer looked for TO way more often than Chad. And it wasn't because TO had the better cover on him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Disclaimer: This is not a fact...this is an opinion.

I think Carson Palmer hated Chad. I mean...hated. I think that he wanted him gone years ago, and hated being told he had to cater to him on offense when throwing the ball. I think some of that carries over into his issues with MB and Marvin. How they forced him and this team to cater to a self centered Man-Child so that he didn't pout and go on national TV and rip up the Bengals anymore.

End Disclaimer*

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Carson Palmer hated Chad. I mean...hated. I think that he wanted him gone years ago, and hated being told he had to cater to him on offense when throwing the ball. I think some of that carries over into his issues with MB and Marvin. How they forced him and this team to cater to a self centered Man-Child so that he didn't pout and go on national TV and rip up the Bengals anymore.

End Disclaimer*

That sounds about right!!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not doubting that Chad was once a great receiver or that he didn't draw doubles..... My feeling is that his age is catching up with him. Plenty of receivers that rely on quickness drop off at Chad's age - In fact, most do. I don't think he has much left in the tank.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know when your career has become a circus and you have to pull all the strings just to get attention,thats when its time to hang up the cleats!!TO too!!
I'm not doubting that Chad was once a great receiver or that he didn't draw doubles..... My feeling is that his age is catching up with him. Plenty of receivers that rely on quickness drop off at Chad's age - In fact, most do. I don't think he has much left in the tank.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End Disclaimer*

In my opinion your opinion is spot on.....I believe you could see it in Carson's frustrated facial expressions that he no longer could hide last season....