• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

observations of steeler game

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention of Will Compton. I thought he had a decent game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnifield is really impressing me. He got beat on one play, but other than that, he did real well in both coverage and run support. The guy can tackle. Between him and Amerson, I think our CB situation looks very bright. Safety......that may be another issue. Rambo is really a poor tackler. Its surprising that he has played at the level he has and still hasn't mastered the fundamentals of open field tackling. Once again, he doesn't square up, he takes real bad angles and he drops his head. This is very teachable, question is can he perfect it by opening day. Im concerned about our FS not being able to tackle, he is the last like of defense.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched the first half but my take is this. Anyone who still thinks Pat White makes team needs his head examined. Rex Grossman looked incredible and will serve nicely as our 3rd string QB. All WR's look in great form and in sync with our offense. The first half proved that our offense can function quite fine without RG3 in there with any threat to run. Him as our starter just adds to an already capable offense. We should score points. At least 25 avg. Morris saw 4 carries and I thought looked great. Found holes that weren't there and always falling forward. Heard about Helu's run in 2nd half and that just goes to show you what RG3 will bring with his threat to run. Pat White needs to enjoy his playing time now. Front line did a nice job but Polumbus had his hands full. A bit concerned on the right side.

Defense we looked good to a degree. Some missed tackles and blown assignments but overall not bad. Rambo worries me in the tackling department as J_y19 mentioned. Kerrigan is what he is. A play-maker and a great bookend for when Rak plays. Front line looks strong. Cofield will be in cast for the first part of season. We'll manage. Doughty looked good in special teams but overall safety play needs to get better. Speaking of the youngsters here. Gomes better start being smarter but his 2nd PF was BS. Gonna be a solid year for Forbath and Sav looked good. Oh, and the field look good. Getting pumped for Philly.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On defense I was impressed by Tapp. He was all over the field. Gomes looked horrible. Horrible tackling and tackling angles. Biggers looked bad with miss tackles all over the place. Rambo looked shaky but the did force a fumble. Kerrigan and Coefield are studs. OLB Jenkins looks like a great pass rusher. We are loaded a LB this year.

On offense the backup RB Williams looked bad. All our WR did a nice job last night. There is good Rex and bad Rex but he is our 3rd qb b/c he knows the systems so well. I hope Kirk is ok. I was kind of in a bad mood when he went down. Its very possible that he starts for us in week 1.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pic by Rex was Reeds fault as he stated after game. Had he ran the right route he may have had a TD. Agree about LB core. Possibly best in NFCE as a whole.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers o-line is shit, the redskins best QB's are brittle, but other than that, i wasn't to impressed with either team, but it's only preseason.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that about Reed. thank you for the info. Excellent our 3rd round pick is running wrong routes. He better wake up.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that about Reed. thank you for the info. Excellent our 3rd round pick is running wrong routes. He better wake up.
he will have a year to learn everything. hes probably going to be 4th string.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never draft an overrated guard who plays on manicured fields in perfect weather conditions.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's what rookies do. Make mistakes and learn.

Fred Davis had the same issue early in his career. The year Rex started for us Davis not cutting his route in front of the safety led to multiple INTs.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers o-line is shit, the redskins best QB's are brittle, but other than that, i wasn't to impressed with either team, but it's only preseason.

Your dead on regarding your first take. The Steelers will have a tough time making the playoff's with that OL and a sitting fat duck in Rothliswhatever you call him. :lol:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brittle? You are a moron. So if some huge guy falls on your ankle & you limp a bit that makes you brittle? lol. Glad to read your take. Here is my take on your opinion - yaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn....

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked a ravens fan would think both Pittsburgh and Washington suck.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you're half right. The Steelers o-line is shit. And with all those young high draft picks on that line. Doesn't pose well for them in the future. I see a rebuilding process not so far off for the Steelers. Their D kinda sucked also.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take that guy seriously... He's against every NFL team but the Ravens. And very outspoken about it.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you're half right. The Steelers o-line is shit. And with all those young high draft picks on that line. Doesn't pose well for them in the future. I see a rebuilding process not so far off for the Steelers. Their D kinda sucked also.

I actually think Pitt has a good defense and i like their choice in drafting Jarvis Jones. The offense is going to have to rely on Ben's ability to extend the play and i don't' see their running game to be that effective.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll disagree with the Hankerson note as well Dad. He has no reason to catch that high pass in the preseason. He's on the team and I can't stand that Grossman tried to get him killed. Now if he does that in the regular season...I'll be less forgiving.

Gomes was awful. Not sure how else to put that but the second personal foul was garbage. He would have hit the WR in the thighs had the WR not dropped his head.

I think we have seen Chris Thompson is not a between the tackles runner. Not sure why he would go through a non-hole so hard...wait...he's trying to make the team. He's a speed burner and can't take on hits like he did last night.

Shot out to Roy Helu with a nice run.

Overall, we played well and I am hoping the injury bug goes to some other team.