• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations from Sundays Game

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got to view the entire game, first time in a long time I missed one live. Watching on TIVO and not live gave me some chances to stop and rewind the tape so to speak. Overall a very costly win. Losing 3 starting players including your captain on defense and QB is never a good thing.

1. Chip has to figure out these QB turnovers. Sanchez came in and proceeded to the turn the ball over just like Foles did. The encouraging part of this is Sanchez played well and that plus his preseason tells me the Eagles shouldn't miss a beat without Foles.

2. Noticing Josh Huff is playing a lot more in place of Riley Cooper. Not sure how I feel about this, Huff didn't do Sanchez any favors by letting the ball clank off his hands on Sanchez first INT. Now the ball was not a good throw and was behind Huff but he has to catch that one.

3. Love the 3 headed monster at running back. Each back has a little different Skill set. Glad Chip is learning when you have a big back like Polk you have to give him the ball.

4. JJ Watt is a helleva player, didn't matter who he was up against he was a beast all game.

5. Jason Peters has not played well the last few weeks, He got beat much more than I would have liked on Sunday. He gave up two sacks including the one that got Foles hurt.

6. Really going to miss Ryans in the run game.

7. Jeremy Maclin is having a helleva year going to cost a lot of money to resign him.

8. Cody Parkey is such a weapon might be the best free agent signing of Chip tenure.

9. The defense missed way too many sacks in this game, it was like Fitzpatrick has grease on his jersey.

10. Here is one last thing to think about, What if Sanchez plays well the rest of the year, the Eagles resign Sanchez and trade Foles in the offseason. Not sure what Foles will be worth most likely it will be a high draft pick though (2nd rounder, low 1st maybe?)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Peters has not been great, I think some of the sacks he gave up came because the interior line gave up pressure and the QB could not step up in the pocket.

My boy Polk needs 10 carries a game period. Does he ever lose yards?

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got to view the entire game, first time in a long time I missed one live. Watching on TIVO and not live gave me some chances to stop and rewind the tape so to speak. Overall a very costly win. Losing 3 starting players including your captain on defense and QB is never a good thing.

1. Chip has to figure out these QB turnovers. Sanchez came in and proceeded to the turn the ball over just like Foles did. The encouraging part of this is Sanchez played well and that plus his preseason tells me the Eagles shouldn't miss a beat without Foles.

2. Noticing Josh Huff is playing a lot more in place of Riley Cooper. Not sure how I feel about this, Huff didn't do Sanchez any favors by letting the ball clank off his hands on Sanchez first INT. Now the ball was not a good throw and was behind Huff but he has to catch that one.

3. Love the 3 headed monster at running back. Each back has a little different Skill set. Glad Chip is learning when you have a big back like Polk you have to give him the ball.

4. JJ Watt is a helleva player, didn't matter who he was up against he was a beast all game.

5. Jason Peters has not played well the last few weeks, He got beat much more than I would have liked on Sunday. He gave up two sacks including the one that got Foles hurt.

7. Jeremy Maclin is having a helleva year going to cost a lot of money to resign him.

8. Cody Parkey is such a weapon might be the best free agent signing of Chip tenure.

9. The defense missed way too many sacks in this game, it was like Fitzpatrick has grease on his jersey.

10. Here is one last thing to think about, What if Sanchez plays well the rest of the year, the Eagles resign Sanchez and trade Foles in the offseason. Not sure what Foles will be worth most likely it will be a high draft pick though (2nd rounder, low 1st maybe?)
One SLIGHT mistake. Watt IS a beast - but he was pretty much of a nonfactor in the second half, when he was huffing and puffing, when the Eagles ran the ball for large gains.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Peters has not been great, I think some of the sacks he gave up came because the interior line gave up pressure and the QB could not step up in the pocket.

My boy Polk needs 10 carries a game period. Does he ever lose yards?

Yup.... IIRC both sacks he gave up last week had that issue; and IIRC with at least one of them it was Foles running out of the pocket straight into pressure, rather than stepping up. And yeah, it was at extremely amateurisch low level, but I have had to deal with a QB running himself into pressure. There is NO WAY a OT can protect your QB with some sort of consistency if he decides to drop back 40 yards about each and every time, regardless of where the pressure is coming from, assuming there is pressure in the first place.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One SLIGHT mistake. Watt IS a beast - but he was pretty much of a nonfactor in the second half, when he was huffing and puffing, when the Eagles ran the ball for large gains.

Having a fully functional RG might have helped there as well...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parkey is great, but I think Malcolm is the best FA Chip has gotten.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parkey was obtained via trade but yes he is an awesome addition.
Sanchez will be OK and because of his aestheticism he may actually do better. Foles is much too erratic.
Polk needs more playing time.
Ryans will be sorely missed, Herremanns too

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're including trades, Sproles is definitely in the conversation.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sproles clearly wins period, trades or FA, he was the top acquisition.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foles and he has not played well this season. When defenses aren't worried about the QB beating them they can focus on taking the run away. I know we have had some issues with keeping healthy but I think with better QB play our running game starts to look a lot better.

Is Sanchez the answer? I have no idea. But he does get the ball out and can make all the throws. If he can start finding the receivers Foles wasn't maybe we look better. Hard to tell until Sanchez plays a few games.

Losing Ryans is going to be really hard to overcome. Again, I have to see how this plays out.

All in all, I am not disappointed because we are in year 2 and still rebuilding. Not bad to be 6-2 at this point either :D

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add a stud CB and a S and this defense becomes one of the better ones in the league. Quite a quick switch over to base 3-4.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be an interesting offseason...

QB - What to do? Re-sign Sanchez? Trade Foles? Draft a QB? Move Barkley to #2? Is HE the future?
WR - Maclin big FA. Do we need to go ahead & trade for Vincent Jackson as well??
TE - Can we keep all 3 again? Or does Burton replace one of them?
OL - Draft OG at least. Need another T as well. Does Herremans get replaced by Tobin? Will Mathis be a problem?

DL - Seems pretty set.
OLB - Keep Cole? Re-sign Graham? Move Smith back to OLB? Draft a guy? Trade for Dion?
ILB - Bring back Demeco? Draft a guy? FA? Keep Smith at ILB?
CB - No way Cary is back. Maybe Fletcher. Maybe FA and/or draft a guy? Carroll as a starter? Watkins?
S - Allen back again? Wolff finally get it? FA? Draft? Watkins?

A lot of decisions to make this offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that they will just roll into next season with Foles and wait until after his final year of his rookie deal to make a decision. Sanchez is a tougher one. If he kills it this second half and they actually think he might be the guy, they might have to sign him, because he is only signed through this season.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez works out you resign him, if not you trade for Johnny Manziel after Cleveland gives Hoyer a 4 year deal :)

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez works out you resign him, if not you trade for Johnny Manziel after Cleveland gives Hoyer a 4 year deal :)

You wouldn't really want Johnny Manziel here would you? Yeah he could fit nicely in this scheme but the guy is a tool and it doesn't seem like his head isn't 100% into football most times. Not sure his personality would vibe well with all the strong work ethic players we have here.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on the situations ... the scenario would only develop if Cleveland settles on Hoyer as their guy. From everything I'm hearing Cleveland is high on him after leading them to a winning record despite not having Josh Gordon and despite Jordan Cameron being hurt most of the season. They really like Hoyer's tight spirals in bad weather and his leadership; he's a top level game manager in that he doesn't make many mistakes and can make all the throws when needed.

Sanchez pretty much has a half season where we can evaluate him in this Offense. He's much more athletic than Foles and throws tighter spirals. Let's see what he can do now that the pressure is on. No more pre-season and no more coming in without the D having a chance to game plan for you. If Sanchez succeeds I think the Eagles may sign him to a long term deal. That's a long way down the line though ... if Sanchez fails, I think Chip will be on the QB prowl. We all know Manziel has a lot of Hollywood in him, but he also has a good deal of talent and would fit Chip's system quite well if Cleveland decides to trade him after settling on Hoyer.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, though I think Sanchez's were at least excusable to some degree. Bouncing off hands or throwing when he got hit. Not sure what is up with Foles, probably just happy feet and ghost rushers after getting pounded during the first half.

Rookie stuff, he'll get better I believe.

Brings me back to Duce, Buck, and Westbrook.

Yea, until he got tired and the line firmed up a bit.

Like others said, I think they were more on the QB there, and again he was beasting it in the run game.

Yep, hopefully Smith can prove something. I'd be happy if he turned into an athletic run stuffer and fill out his pass-defense later on.

Yep, but I think he might be worth it. Get someone good across from him and this offense is going to get even better.

lol, he has been good. Even when it's a bad kick he nearly makes it!

Seriously, it must've been the beard. Blinded people.

I think the Eagles (especially management) is in the driver seat here, and there are 3 ways it might play out:
1. Sanchez sucks. Go into next year with Foles and try to find a mid-round pick to bring in and groom in case Foles continues to regress.

2. Sanchez plays well enough to win, but no superbowl and plays marginally better than Foles has. Say we loose the NFC Championship game in a team effort that we just get outplayed. Well he goes to find a big payout and again we ride Foles.

3. Sanchez plays lights out and we win, or loose the superbowl. We sign him and try to trade Foles.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota has a tuff game tonight against Utah ... should be a good one.