• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations from last nights game

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Taz will be along eventually :suds: Want to get my thoughts out before my memory fails me...LOL

1. Great game. The Eagles dominated every phase....offense, defense, special teams.

2. Mark Sanchez was fantastic. He was quick in his decisions. He did not hold onto the ball at all which Foles does too much off. Even if the Panthers were able to get pressure his decisions were too fast.

3.. I am still concerned about our corners. They lose every battle when fighting for the ball.

4. The front 7 played an amazing game. The never let Carolina get anything going.

Most games you have both good and bad. I really can't find anything bad to say about last night's performance.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher played well actually but he was up against Jerrico Cotchery. The fact that an NFL team still starts that guy is nothing short of amazing.

The defense as a whole looks to be getting better and better, especially the front 7. I still think the Ryans injury will hurt long term but the rest of that unit is playing at a very high level right now.

Sanchez throws darts, more high velocity passes than Foles. But I think he and the receivers are still adjusting to his style and, as good as he played, he actually had a chance to be even better.

I am concerned about McCoy. I think he needs to have his workload reduced further. The run game needs to get going for this stretch run if this team is to have a chance at being more than a wildcard team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Sanchez was exactly as i expected. He looked great in preseason, he looked damn good last week coming off the bench cold, and he was everything Chip could want in a QB last night. He ran this offense the way it is supposed to be run.

2. Clearly Sanchez and Matthews click from their preseason time together. Jordan is a star in the making, and clearly he should be starting on the other side opposite Maclin.

3. I thought the offensive line looked poor/rusty at times last night but Sanchez got rid of the football so fast and or stepped up into the pocket quickly that is didn't much matter.

4.Asshole McCoy absolutely Sucked! Dude looked slow, was dancing with the Stars and "for who, for what" 2 balls. Sproles and Polk take the rock and go forward, Asshole is doing the Texas two step all the time.

5. Celek was a Beast! Dude had some insane Blocks! Where is Zach Ertz? We used a 2nd rd pick on this guy, and he isn't contributing, this seriously disappoints me as a fan, last years 2nd rd pick and this years first rd picks contributing nothing or next to nothing.

6. Connor Barwin was unstoppable as was Brandon Graham and Trent Cole! I thought Matthews did about as well as can be expected, even forced a fumble.

7. Boykin and Fletcher played damn good, but once again Williams is hot Toast. That dude needs to go.

8. Darren Sproles has to be the off season acquisition of the year, how bad are the Saints kicking themselves?!

9. Our Special teams are insane!

10. Chip called a great game.

Let's wait a week before we start jerkin off over this team, we looked good last night but that was a cookie. I fully expected us to crush that team as we did. next week will tell us a whole lot. next week is the 2nd Biggest game of Chips NFL coaching career if you ask me. First being the playoff game last year.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't watch the tape because comcast is literally taking their sweet time installing cable in my new place. But from memory here is what I noticed

Good:
Sanchez will be a star in chips system. His single best attribute is the ability to get the ball out, and get it to his play makers.

Btw, anyone catch his head movement on that celek long catch? Dude went through 4 progressions, looked off the top help, and put that ball 5 inches over the dbs head into celeks chest from 40 yards away. My god it was beautiful.

Sproles is our mvp hands down dude is the weapon x of the offense. Maclin is ballin, so is mathews, but sproles is a better jason avant. He always seems to move the sticks when you need him to the most.

Jordan Matthews: I can admit when I'm wrong. I thought you would be better placed on the outside In Riley Cooper spot but having a 6 foot 3 220 pound wide receiver in the slot is like stealing candy from a baby.

Defensively: Brandon Graham, Connor Barwin, Trent Cole, Vinny curry, Mychal Kendricks, Fletcher Cox, and beau allen gives us the best pass rushing front in football.

Jenkins, is a pro bowl safety, I pointed out a few times plays he made, like him running from the opposite hash mark to help on a deep fade or corner route is sick. His range is the reason why we arent getting destroyed over the top.

Oline. Best oline in football... even our backups are good.

Chip kelly: what we are witnessing, is a revolution in the game. Play calling? Nice, coaching staff? Top notch, but his sports science department and nutritional programs are revolutionary.
How many times the last 5 years have we complained about cole, peters, celek etc looking burned out by game 10. And this whole team looks better now, than most teams looked week 1.

The bad: shady is still dancing like a fuckin ballerina. I Dont why he keeps dancing when he could have had about 60 more yards if he just runs one cut and up.

Riley cooper sucks...

Nate allen sucks

Ertz was mia

Chip went pass happy for a sec...

The Ugly:

Carey williams gave up his 10th and 11th td of the season yesterday... worst.corner.ever.

Our middle dline got pushed around in the run game. That worries me. Logan, allen, cox all got pushed backwards and Playoff football is around the corner gents.

Times your's.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanchez best throw last night was one of the TD's to Mathews (I think it was him)

It was in the red zone. He faked the hand off and rolled left and hit him for the TD.

What made the throw so great to me is that often you see a QB just throw that ball while running. Sanchez did not do that. He realized he had time to get his feet set to make sure the pass was a good one and he did just that.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what is going on with Ertz. He has seemingly fallen out of favor with the coaching staff and is seeing the field less. I am not sure if it has to do with his blocking, or what, but something is holding him back.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what is going on with Ertz. He has seemingly fallen out of favor with the coaching staff and is seeing the field less. I am not sure if it has to do with his blocking, or what, but something is holding him back.

I am pretty sure it has to do with his blocking. He gets open a lot but because his blocking is poor it probably limits what they want to do.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip said in the beginning of the season that if Sanchez was to come in that they would not miss a step, he be right!!

I heard a talk show last week and he said if Foles would not have had the season he had last season that he would have been benched and he is probably right. I thought Sanchez was just giving BS talk when talking to Gruden, but I think the guy may really be telling the truth that he loves Kelly and his system and he feels he can do very well in that system. I am not going to get to excited yet, if the Eagles go into Lambeau and play like this, we very well maybe the best team in the NFC or the NFL for that matter. I also like the hot QB off the bench. I really think Sanchez wants to play and win, the guy is hungry, I mean the guy played for the Jets? Sanchez is smart, fast on his feet and can make a decision. I was also surprised to see the arm on him. The guy has a cannon.

How about Sproles, I don't know how the Eagles landed him, but I am so happy they did, but what a player. He also a classy player, reminds me of Barry Sanders, same running style. Just comes out and does his job with no drama and does is GOOD. I hope he can keep it up. How long have we waited to see a guy that can return a punt??

I am going to add one more thing. When I read the paper back in the 2004 season and read that we signed Kerse and Owens I had a feeling that I never had with the Eagles that we we're going to the Super Bowl. I remember that year being at the Irish Fest in NWildwood and Black Thorn singing TO, TO, TO, TO Everybody was so pumped up, I mean you could just feel it the air and not to mention the buzz with the fans, you just knew that we were going. When I read that we signed Sproles I had the same exact feeling again. I really think this team is going to pull out for some reason and win it all.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Sanchez left a lot on the field, hopefully just nerves, but there were a number of throws that like Foles last year, could have been picks. He seemed a little over juiced and it showed on his shorter throws, bubble screens and passes where the players weren't even ready for the pass.

I will echo the Cary Williams comments -- only good thing was the early INT.

The Sproles signing reminds me a lot of the Brian Mitchell signing back in 2k in the way he was perceived as washed up and in what the return game has gotten -- gone from meh to special. Sproles is a much better runner/receiver then Mitchell was.

McCoys issue all year is he wants to dance on every play, rather then trust the hole is going to be there and hit it up inside.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to shady's credit, other than Murray from Dallas, running has down all across the league. The Cardinals only had 28 yards rushing yesterday. As long as Shady can reach 75 - 80 yards a game on 15 carries, I'm good.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing people were concerned about McCoy's performance last night. I'm here to say, Let not your hearts be troubled, my friends!

All is well. I firmly believe Chip wanted to get Sanchez established, comfortable and ready for GB and beyond. I think we can safely conclude last night did just that for Sanchez and the Eagles.

If Chip wanted to establish the run last night, it was there and Shady could have gone for far more than the 30 yards he had.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans ....you are being hoodwinked.

Mark Sanchez is fools gold. Once the Halloween party is over Sanchez will take of his mask of a good QB. Just maybe you can get by with him if you can keep the running going. Make him a game manager.

But if your running game gets bogged down like last night, the better teams will make him throw it ...and it will be all tears.

You saw signs of it last night ...2 fumbles and a couple a near ints.

I'm not buying the fact the reason he has more Int's than TD's is because of the Jets. It's him.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're concerned about Ertz's blocking, that doesn't mean they shouldn't trot him out in obvious passing situations.

I'm not buying into Sanchez yet, but he's got some good tools to work with in terms of his throw, mechanics, etc. We'll see how the mental aspects, which is really the most important part of being a QB, perform against a team with a top-notch D... if he manages to do well then, maybe I'll start to buy in.

One thing for sure, he looked better than Foles has all season.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the Cowboys fan, Sanchez was OK, but he was 20-37 and could have easily had a couple of picks. No way am I ready to say he's gonna be anything more than what he was in NY.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez was great in the pocket. Missed a few throws and the targets dropped some. To be expected. Dude is better than Foles. No question about it. At least right now.

Mccoy looks frustrated but he is a team player. Panthers along with most teams stack against McCoy. Without him...our QBs would have a much tougher time.

Sproles has been awesome.

Matthews, it seems will be be blowing up with Sanchez at the helm. I personally dont see him as great screen guy (the way he was used early) but better in intermediate routes. Once he gets that head of steam going, he is pretty good.

Defense was fantastic but Cam wasnt himself. Cox, Barwin, Kendricks & Jenkins are pro bowl type players. Logan & Cole are damn good as well. Really the key to how far we go. THe O will be ok. If the D plays like this...we'll go pretty far.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark Sanchez is fools gold. Once the Halloween party is over Sanchez will take of his mask of a good QB. Just maybe you can get by with him if you can keep the running going. Make him a game manager.

But if your running game gets bogged down like last night, the better teams will make him throw it ...and it will be all tears.

I'm not buying the fact the reason he has more Int's than TD's is because of the Jets. It's him.

We can only hope to get a legit QB who is not fool's gold, someone like Tony Romo...

Seriously now, yes, I am not ready to anoint Sanchize like some in here. I think he had some ups and downs. That said, I think Chip has shown he can win without elite QBs. He may be able to get a lot more out of Sanchez than Rex Ryan. That seems quite possible to me.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because you are football illiterate.

Tell me...

What did you see in his pocket movement

His reading and progressions

His escapability

His play action selling

His mobility outside the pocket

His accuracy in/out of the pocket

His reads from the line

His head timing

His ability to anticipate his target.

Sanchez was A+ in every area. He should have had 100 more yards but sproles dropped two, cooper dropped one mathews dropped one and maclin dropped one. Sanchez looked awsome if you know anything about judging quarterback play.

Problem is, your a cowgirls fan. You wouldn't know quality qb if I strapped you down to a chair, held your eyes open and forced you to watch film of steve young, elway, moon and marino...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are football illiterate.

Tell me...

What did you see in his pocket movement

His reading and progressions

His escapability

His play action selling

His mobility outside the pocket

His accuracy in/out of the pocket

His reads from the line

His head timing

His ability to anticipate his target.

Sanchez was A+ in every area. He should have had 100 more yards but sproles dropped two, cooper dropped one mathews dropped one and maclin dropped one. Sanchez looked awsome if you know anything about judging quarterback play.

Problem is, your a cowgirls fan. You wouldn't know quality qb if I strapped you down to a chair, held your eyes open and forced you to watch film of steve young, elway, moon and marino...

What did you see in his last 62 games? ..and why does it not tell the story of who this guy really is. It was just a couple of weeks ago all Sanchez cared about were the chicken tenders on the sideline.

At the very least you would think you would have some reservations about the guy ...much like some of the other Eagle faithful.

He may be better in the Kelly system but the "70 int, 27 fumbles in 62 starts" Sanchez will show up.