• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

o/line issues

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason you might get mad at the front office is that the cap penalty was a result of their misjudgment. That and they haven't done a great job of drafting acceptable OL talent even in the late rounds.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason you might get mad at the front office is that the cap penalty was a result of their misjudgment. That and they haven't done a great job of drafting acceptable OL talent even in the late rounds.

i wont bust them for their alleged misjudgement they followed the rules and the nfl and the arbitrator are wrong on this .

as for drafting late round guys i dont expect 5th -7th rounders as being expected to be solutions you can hope it and some break through but its a long shot all the same .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the rules, but they still misjudged how the league would react.

As far as hitting on low draft picks, it is a crap shoot, but you would think we might hit on one every 4 or 5 picks. So far, we haven't.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front office can't go out and get a Logan Mankins like the Bucs did? We can't keep using excuses for poor talent along the offensive line. Williams is the only real true value guy up front we have. Our new LG looks very average, and the right side is below average. We have missed on just about every OL pick the past 3 years and have brought in via FA no help. If Ribeye were starter quality he would be starting, not sitting behind an awful Licht or Chester. Long going the wrong way on several zone plays, are you f'ing kidding me? What is Forrester doing with these guys?

I know what some people think on here, it doesn't matter because the real problem is not the OL. Well, that's where it all starts and if protection, poor run blocking and just plain getting pushed back on each down continues as it has in preseason, the REAL problem is our OL. I'm tired of hearing the excuses about the OL.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about picking up talent like Logan Mankins. First, it takes two to tango. Sometimes the player just isn't interested in playing for a certain team. We don't know that this is the case, but it could be. Second, we don't have the cap space to sign a Mankins. Of course we could cut a Chester and a few others to make room, but that could prove risky if Mankins didn't pan out.

Long going the wrong way is a typical rookie mistake and is why he is not ready to start. He needs to learn a very complicated Offense. I don't think most understand how complex an NFL offense is compared to a college offense. Night and day difference. It takes time for most rookies to become comfortable. By mid season, I bet he is starting.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front office can't go out and get a Logan Mankins like the Bucs did? We can't keep using excuses for poor talent along the offensive line. Williams is the only real true value guy up front we have. Our new LG looks very average, and the right side is below average. We have missed on just about every OL pick the past 3 years and have brought in via FA no help. If Ribeye were starter quality he would be starting, not sitting behind an awful Licht or Chester. Long going the wrong way on several zone plays, are you f'ing kidding me? What is Forrester doing with these guys?

I know what some people think on here, it doesn't matter because the real problem is not the OL. Well, that's where it all starts and if protection, poor run blocking and just plain getting pushed back on each down continues as it has in preseason, the REAL problem is our OL. I'm tired of hearing the excuses about the OL.

logan mankins is 32 . do we have the cap space to make that move ? were we even in the conversation for him ? hard to know

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logan mankins is 32 . do we have the cap space to make that move ? were we even in the conversation for him ? hard to know

Mankins is better than anyone on our line not named Williams, period! My point is, I'm certain we did not and have not explored better options. If we really wanted to improve our current situation, you make cap space room to improve. Because of some of Griffins growing pains in the new offense and his deficiencies to this point, and more so because he will be running for his life again this year because of our porous OL, we will struggle once again on offense. You can have all the so called weapons you want but it all starts up front.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Mankins deal signifies that there are others out there to be had. At this point after an off season of opportunities it doesn't appear that the team is interested in making changes along the line. Remember these words coming directly from the Head coaches mouth after studying film of the team from a year ago. "The biggest problem with this team is getting pressure on th QB." Did he not know at that point that he was not going to employ the ZBS? Did he ask for bigger, better O-linemen that fit his scheme?

Predicto

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get on the phone and see what the 49ers want for Alex Boone, and as long as it doesn't involve first or second round picks, pay it. Two third rounders? A third and a player? Fine. Whatever. The need is desperate. Boone is really huge and really good.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get on the phone and see what the 49ers want for Alex Boone, and as long as it doesn't involve first or second round picks, pay it. Two third rounders? A third and a player? Fine. Whatever. The need is desperate. Boone is really huge and really good.

Absolutely at least give them a call. You are actually incorrect about his size he's not merely, really huge, he is a monster at guard. 6 ft. 8 in at least 300 pounds and young 27. His contract might be an issue but I'd trade a player and a 3rd rounder for him....... after all he was an undrafted free agent for S.F.