• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nussmier and Michigan

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course all the talk has been about Kiffin getting the Bama gig, but the whole Nuss going to Michigan is really interesting, Nuss is a "pro style" cordinator, so do we expect Michigan to look like the Michigan of old, a physical running game with play action thrown in there???

Thoughts???

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course all the talk has been about Kiffin getting the Bama gig, but the whole Nuss going to Michigan is really interesting, Nuss is a "pro style" cordinator, so do we expect Michigan to look like the Michigan of old, a physical running game with play action thrown in there???

Thoughts???

He liked to throw too much for Saban and especially on first down. He didnt seem to like to run and was forced to by Saban more than he liked, which caused friction, which is why he left from what is being said.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has been recruiting some big bodies for the O-Line. I think they want to return to the grind it out and wear you down of old.

Michigan improved by subtraction. They needed to find a guy to work with the QBs as Michigan gave the ball away to much.

It has been reported he did not work well with Saban as he was to hands on the offense. Nuss will have free reign at UofM as Hoke is not a in the weeds guy with the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere else that Nuss did not call the plays at 'Bama. Can anyone confirm that?

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere else that Nuss did not call the plays at 'Bama. Can anyone confirm that?

Nuss called the plays, if anyone says different that are just lying. Nuss had full control of the offense, the only exception is when Saban would tell him to start running the ball more.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has been recruiting some big bodies for the O-Line. I think they want to return to the grind it out and wear you down of old.

Michigan improved by subtraction. They needed to find a guy to work with the QBs as Michigan gave the ball away to much.

It has been reported he did not work well with Saban as he was to hands on the offense. Nuss will have free reign at UofM as Hoke is not a in the weeds guy with the offense.

There is no doubt that Michigan improved themselves. Borges didn't seem to be able to handle a QB that could run. Nuss won't have that problem. his problem will be to find someone to throw the ball to. I don't think it implausible that DG moves back to WR. It will be interesting to see who Michigan offers at QB in '15. It will be a pro-style passer but will they want someone with some mobility?

From what I have learned Nuss had Saban in his ear more than he liked. Nuss called the plays but was not free to call a game the way he liked.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that Michigan improved themselves. Borges didn't seem to be able to handle a QB that could run. Nuss won't have that problem. his problem will be to find someone to throw the ball to. I don't think it implausible that DG moves back to WR. It will be interesting to see who Michigan offers at QB in '15. It will be a pro-style passer but will they want someone with some mobility?

It will be interesting to see how the recruiting for Michigan goes forward, I do see them targeting big pro type QB's big arms....

As for what happen at Bama?? I not shocked if there was head butting with Saban, when he was at Washington Sark and him had issues, I just think this move now raises a possible good move on Michigan's part as to making changes back to the more physical form of offense...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how the recruiting for Michigan goes forward, I do see them targeting big pro type QB's big arms....

As for what happen at Bama?? I not shocked if there was head butting with Saban, when he was at Washington Sark and him had issues, I just think this move now raises a possible good move on Michigan's part as to making changes back to the more physical form of offense...

When UofM went for 2 against OSU Borges didn't change the play after OSU called a timeout to see what alignment UofM was going with. Just a horrible decision on his part.

With Morris returning as a Soph and Spreight as a true freshman UofM already has two solid prostyle QBs in the fold. I feel much better with Nuss working with them than Borges.

Jalopy I think you are right. I think Nuss watches Gardner and Morris in spring ball and realizes that UofM stands a better chance with Morris as the play caller. With Bellomy and Spreight as backups Gardner returns to WR were he contributes immediately.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i hope yall like driving the ball down to the opponents 30 every time running it then all of a sudden throwing 3 straight incomplete passes and missing a long field goal becauseof it.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i hope yall like driving the ball down to the opponents 30 every time running it then all of a sudden throwing 3 straight incomplete passes and missing a long field goal becauseof it.

they probably actually have a kicker

:whistle:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they probably actually have a kicker

:whistle:

Or better yet wide out that catch those three passes or a QB that make that throw...

Come on Bana fans your better then that, you cant blame the OC for three and outs, its the players that execute those plays....

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or better yet wide out that catch those three passes or a QB that make that throw...

Come on Bana fans your better then that, you cant blame the OC for three and outs, its the players that execute those plays....

You haven't watched every Bama game these past two years have you? If you did, you would know what we are talking about. The simple fact that I haven't heard any Bama fans on SportsHoopla or in real life get upset that Nuss is gone says a lot.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't watched every Bama game these past two years have you? If you did, you would know what we are talking about. The simple fact that I haven't heard any Bama fans on SportsHoopla or in real life get upset that Nuss is gone says a lot.

No none of you have said anything about him leaving... And yes that does say something, like I said earlier he does have past issues of maybe "butting heads" with HC....

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much of that is on Saban? He is probably the biggest micromanager in college sports. Not as a slam but he is who he is and has success so I can't fault that, but It's pretty obvious the two didn't mesh.

Between Saban telling him what to run and AJ calling audibles and players not executing it will not all fall on the OC. I can't even go as far as blaming Borges for all UofM's troubles on offense.

And have you all watched Kiffen's offenses? I find it hard to believe Kiffen who has been a HC at two high profile jobs will just go with Saban's involvement with the offense.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that is on Saban? He is probably the biggest micromanager in college sports. Not as a slam but he is who he is and has success so I can't fault that, but It's pretty obvious the two didn't mesh.

Between Saban telling him what to run and AJ calling audibles and players not executing it will not all fall on the OC. I can't even go as far as blaming Borges for all UofM's troubles on offense.

And have you all watched Kiffen's offenses? I find it hard to believe Kiffen who has been a HC at two high profile jobs will just go with Saban's involvement with the offense.

If Kiffin doesn't go along, he'll find himself finding a new job, just like Nuss did.

The thing is yes Nuss did call too many passes. But it's not really that simple. It's about when he would call them, and that he refused to run at times when he needed too.

You cite that the players didn't execute, and maybe. That is one that that I don't care for about Saban, always saying the players should have executed. When it's up to the coaches to put them in positions to succeed. But he was on one of the most talented teams in college football, if they don't execute, then who will?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuss just like throwing too much on First down. I hate throwing on first down cause if its incomplete you get behind the chains and now only have 2 downs to get 10 yards. If I was an OC I would run on first down 90 percent of the time. 2nd down would be my 50/50 down where u can have the option to run or pass and 3rd down would depend on the distance for a first and that would tell me whether to run or pass.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is yes Nuss did call too many passes. But it's not really that simple. It's about when he would call them, and that he refused to run at times when he needed too.

Ok let me play the other side here 4D, ( nice on the avi) but your expecting it, (run play) then I'm sure that opposing teams are expecting run's as well???