• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number 4 wins title!

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be heavily in favor of an 8 team playoff, but after learning that an 8 team playoff would mean college players are dealing with the same amount of snaps as an NFL team, which 18-20 year olds should not be doing, and that usually the #5-#8 teams are interchangeable, it doesn't seem fair to the teams who are in the top 4. For once I want to say keep it how it is.

This is a fair argument. And one that we must discusss/research more in general. But I will say the pro and amateur game have NEVER been closer in playcalling, style or monetarily, then ever before. Something to think about. College is slowly getting to the brink of not being amateur anymore (for thsoe of us who still call it that).

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam I'm sloe tonigbt
you're the natty champ... you can be whatever you want for about a week. who's gonna say shit? your response: "natty, bitch!"

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cfb is not amateur in any sense. i have several threads for you if you insist on laughably calling an endeavor that makes multiple billions of dollars and whose principals are definitely not in it "just to have fun" amateur.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fair argument. And one that we must discusss/research more in general. But I will say the pro and amateur game have NEVER been closer in playcalling, style or monetarily, then ever before. Something to think about. College is slowly getting to the brink of not being amateur anymore (for thsoe of us who still call it that).

Thats fine, but these are still teenagers you are wanting to put out all that work, with no pay. I would love more top notch games, but it just isn't fair to the players to ask any more of them than we already do.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To address the concerns about the effects of season length on 18-20 year old bodies, the NCAA could perhaps place a limit on the number of regular season games; however, I understand that athletic programs all over the country will be crying bloody murder over the loss of revenue. Heck, with all of the money they are making off of these kids, would concerns over adding one more game stop them?

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You DO keep saying it, but not explaining yourself...

You don't want undeserving teams knocking off deserving teams in a football playoff.

You can risk it in the NBA and MLB because you play series of games against every opponent.

You can risk it a bit in CBB because basketball gives each team 100+ scoring opportunities to overcome luck, lulls, streakiness, etc.

You do not want that in FOOTBALL because of the small amount of scoring opps and much higher chance of injury over several games.

The best teams already survived and proved themselves over a season... you don't want to have them get knocked of by undeserving teams in an overly-large tourney... even for the sake of making "that much more sure" that you give everyone a chance.

I think i've explained and countered points very clearly. If not then ask and I will clarify gladly.

I want the best teams playing of the title regardless. I have no out of conference or SOS agenda here. I have made this clear.

This counters nothing just brings up other sports to muddle the issue.

This counters nothing just brings up other sports to muddle the issue ^^^^^.

Its not like these playoff teams were limping in with walk on's playing. My points earlier still stand. These teams have depth and toughness. Seems like you guys wanna doubt the toughness of your own athletes. I dunno why? Players wanna play (can play). Teams wanna play. Fans wanna see. Nothing is stopping an 8 team playoff.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To address the concerns about the effects of season length on 18-20 year old bodies, the NCAA could perhaps place a limit on the number of regular season games; however, I understand that athletic programs all over the country will be crying bloody murder over the loss of revenue. Heck, with all of the money they are making off of these kids, would concerns over adding one more game stop them?

Well, to be fair with all the money they are making off these kids they could be doing MANY THINGS. Lol.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like these playoff teams were limping in with walk on's playing. My points earlier still stand. These teams have depth and toughness. Seems like you guys wanna doubt the toughness of your own athletes. I dunno why? Players wanna play (can play). Teams wanna play. Fans wanna see. Nothing is stopping an 8 team playoff.

I've tried not to mention your weak-ass debating style... but this is too much... no one is doubting the toughness of their own team.. no one has even brought up their own teams.

stay on task here, bub, or we can just drop it.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine, but these are still teenagers you are wanting to put out all that work, with no pay. I would love more top notch games, but it just isn't fair to the players to ask any more of them than we already do.

That raises more questions about the system (which is good imo) then it answers anything. You make fair points

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, CFB is going to go to an 8-team playoff... that's almost inarguable... we are arguing if it should... you do know the is-ought distinction, right? Seems like you don't.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried not to mention your weak-ass debating style... but this is too much... no one is doubting the toughness of their own team.. no one has even brought up their own teams.

stay on task here, bub, or we can just drop it.

Your the one saying an 8 team playoff cant be done. And now your bringing up the student athletes. I was referring to nation not team or school, sorry for not specifying.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, CFB is going to go to an 8-team playoff... that's almost inarguable... we are arguing if it should... you do know the is-ought distinction, right? Seems like you don't.

Seems like your playing the "moving the goalposts" debate tactic. Either way, I ope your right about 8 teams.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not moving a ny goalpost. I've said the same thing in this thread from beginning to end.
Even after you accused me of not making an argument: i just repeated myself... and you said "oh, now youre making an argument."

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your the one saying an 8 team playoff cant be done. And now your bringing up the student athletes. I was referring to nation not team or school, sorry for not specifying.

1. i did NOT say it can't be done. When the fuck did I say that?
2. I also didn't bring up the student-athlete. That was some other guy.

Are you drunk?

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not moving a ny goalpost. I've said the same thing in this thread from beginning to end.
Even after you accused me of not making an argument: i just repeated myself... and you said "oh, now youre making an argument."

I only said you weren't making an argument because you didnt (and I countered points which you did if i missed one post I will check it!) and in your last post you conceded that it will go to 8. Which is what i've argued we should do all night.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. i did NOT say it can't be done. When the fuck did I say that?
2. I also didn't bring up the student-athlete. That was some other guy.

Are you drunk?
1. You said it should not happen meaning you do not want it done. Only on page 4 (after some debate) do you concede it will happen (I did no see this in the first 3 pages but I my of been mistaken).

2. You may be correct. But I don't think so. Maybe I made a mistake (I will admit to that) But I do think we should continue this debate tomorrow it is 5am est.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Notre Dame not deserve to be there??? They were undefeated and beat the Pac-12 Champs and Big 12 Co-Champs.

You know how it works especially for people who look for nothing but negatives (actually a word for them starts with an L but not going there...yet). If you beat a teams ass in a big game the other team sucked, shouldn't be there, overrated,etc. Barely win and your team sucks and was overrated, excuse, excuse, excuse, etc. It's usually comes from fans of teams who have been very irrelevant for a long time and they need the attention. So here's to you Mr. Attention Craving Guy! :suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was no play-off FSU would have been playing for the National Title... They certainly didn't deserve to be playing in it, imo. Ohio State and Oregon did. Sure it wasn't as great of a game as everyone wanted so that is a letdown but still.