• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nugs are done

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much potential and such bad luck....... I think the Injury Angels need to leave them alone next year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year I’d like to see a starting five of:
Jamal Murray
Bones Highland
Porter Jr
Aaron Gordon
Jokic

Never again this one:
Morris
Barton
Green
Gordon
Jokic

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with Aaron Gordon? 7 and 8 points on bad shooting % with only 5 rebounds a game. They pay him way too much for him to play this poorly in the playoffs. Hopefully they stay healthy next year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with Aaron Gordon? 7 and 8 points on bad shooting % with only 5 rebounds a game. They pay him way too much for him to play this poorly in the playoffs. Hopefully they stay healthy next year.
I don't disagree that he hasn't played well lately, and i don't know if he is putting too much pressue on himself. But I'd defend him with a couple of points.
1. He is the only current starter other than Jokic who would start on most NBA teams. Morris, Barton, and Green are all nice bench players - but not legit starters. For the 7 games that Gordon played with Murray and MPJ when first traded, the numbers were off the charts. I think he is fantastic as the 4th option offensively- not the second or maybe even the third.
2. The Nugs are not a super athletic team. They really need AG's athleticism specifically on the defensive end. He is clearly their best defender and is often matched up against 2s, 3s, and 4s - whereve most needed. So even when I cringe at some bad offensive numbers, I believe he still adds value to the team due to his defense.

On the contrary, Morris and Barton might have occassional nice games offensively - but man is their defense bad which negates their occassional good offensive output.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't disagree with any of those points and AG is a very solid and athletic player plus a quality defender which the nuggets are short on even with Murray and Porter as neither of those two are great defenders. That said, I thought he was a far better offensive player when with the Magic and even with just Jokic it should have opened him up to be a solid 3rd option with this lineup.

I also thought Barton would become a better consistent scorer, but he really hasn't progressed.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Denver can get the two in Denver and give the fans something to cheer about. I really don't wanna see this team that has so much heart go out in a whimper.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Denver can get the two in Denver and give the fans something to cheer about. I really don't wanna see this team that has so much heart go out in a whimper.
Yea, it’s sad to see. But take away two of the top three players from any NBA team and see what they can do. I prefer to be amazed they accomplished what they did with what they had.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Walton can buy my Lakers and clean out the whole damn place.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it’s sad to see. But take away two of the top three players from any NBA team and see what they can do. I prefer to be amazed they accomplished what they did with what they had.
It is pretty amazing that Jokic dragged this roster to a 6 seed and embarrassing to hear the pundits now burying him for losing two games to a way better GS team on the road while getting zero help.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty amazing that Jokic dragged this roster to a 6 seed and embarrassing to hear the pundits now burying him for losing two games to a way better GS team on the road while getting zero help.
This captures how I feel about it. Not to mention how Joker magically gets beat up in the lane, but gets no foul shots by the refs.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This captures how I feel about it. Not to mention how Joker magically gets beat up in the lane, but gets no foul shots by the refs.

I think Shaq explained it the best in the postgame show. When you are a big guy like that, the refs let smaller guys get away with a lot. Shaq then called Barkley a small guy and said that Barkely did those things to him. LOL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pundits are pretty much all annoying.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shaq explained it the best in the postgame show. When you are a big guy like that, the refs let smaller guys get away with a lot. Shaq then called Barkley a small guy and said that Barkely did those things to him. LOL.

Shaq and Barkley make TNT's coverage amazing. That 3 guard line up of GS is lethal though. They have a good shot of making the at least the WCF and possibly the Finals.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq and Barkley make TNT's coverage amazing. That 3 guard line up of GS is lethal though. They have a good shot of making the at least the WCF and possibly the Finals.

I'm still laughing that anyone would call Barkley small. Only someone like Shaq would. LOL. The Warriors are definitely blessed that Poole has broken out like he has.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was about something else...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought it was time to step up to the dinner table because chicken nuggets were being served?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic and Gordon showed last night they are the only two legit NBA starters on the team. Barton is an embarrassment to basketball fundamentals. By far the most frustrating player on the Nuggets.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic and Gordon showed last night they are the only two legit NBA starters on the team. Barton is an embarrassment to basketball fundamentals. By far the most frustrating player on the Nuggets.

When Barton was on the Blazers I really liked him. When they traded him to Denver I was happy he was at least headed to a team I still root for. It amazes me though with how often NBA teams trade depth and role players yada yada and Barton has remained on Denver all of these years later.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Barton is very frustrating, but overall the nuggets played well enough to win on offense last night. They just can't get stops, but that isn't surprising given their talent and athleticism deficiency.