• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now CBS has their all too early 2014 poll out

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS is SEC network, as far as televised games.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, the new SEC network from Espin has cut into it a bit, I believe. Cant remember the details, but CBS still gets rights for the 2:30 (CST) slot, most weeks? Think they may have lost a few number one choices/picks, not sure.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Ohio State probably too high. Alabama way too high. Watch out for ND. Texas AM without Manziel could be a joke.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This poll has about as much validity as a 3 dollar bill, but I'll play just for kicks...

Seems the criteria, for the most part, is if you lost your bowl game, you get a higher ranking?

Bowl losers: #2 Bama, #3 Stan, #4 Aub, #6 tOSU, #10 UGA, #12 BU, #21 ASU. May be others, but those are just the losing teams I recall off the top of my head where they get more love than the team that beat them.

Meanwhile, the teams that beat #2 Bama(OU#13), #3 Stan(Mich St#7), #6 tOSU(Clem#16), #10 UGA(Nebunranked), #12 BU(UCF), #21 ASU(TTUunranked), get no love?

I realize this is looking forward, taking into account players lost etc(other than SEC teams, of course), but really?

If it wasn't so skewed it might actually be funny.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OU has a quarterback that played one good game. We don't really know if this dude is the second coming. He was all over the map, earning and losing the job all season.
He might be good and the signs sort of lean that way. But, the sample is a bit tiny.

They return a lot of defensive players, but they beat Bama with their offense not defense.
The Sooner offense is hit much harder. Both starting RBs, Both receivers, and 2 Offensive linemen are leaving.

The Sooners should win the Big 12 as it will be even worse in 2014, but I am not sure they are a national powerhouse in 2014.

I think Oklahoma at #10 is about right.

I didn't realize the OU offense got all those sacks and created the fumbles and intercepted those passes.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This poll has about as much validity as a 3 dollar bill, but I'll play just for kicks...

Seems the criteria, for the most part, is if you lost your bowl game, you get a higher ranking?

Bowl losers: #2 Bama, #3 Stan, #4 Aub, #6 tOSU, #10 UGA, #12 BU, #21 ASU. May be others, but those are just the losing teams I recall off the top of my head where they get more love than the team that beat them.

Meanwhile, the teams that beat #2 Bama(OU#13), #3 Stan(Mich St#7), #6 tOSU(Clem#16), #10 UGA(Nebunranked), #12 BU(UCF), #21 ASU(TTUunranked), get no love?

I realize this is looking forward, taking into account players lost etc(other than SEC teams, of course), but really?

If it wasn't so skewed it might actually be funny.

Michigan State is losing a ton of players on that D so I believe that they are ranked too high at #7. I would prefer to see 20-25 range.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, the new SEC network from Espin has cut into it a bit, I believe. Cant remember the details, but CBS still gets rights for the 2:30 (CST) slot, most weeks? Think they may have lost a few number one choices/picks, not sure.

I don't know if it's changed for next year, but this past year CBS got it's pick for which game it wanted to air every week and ESPN got the rest.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State is losing a ton of players on that D so I believe that they are ranked too high at #7. I would prefer to see 20-25 range.

I get that....I prefer OU to be ranked lower also. When ranked too high, they sometimes get complacent. The knee jerk reaction for some, is to be upset if their team seems ranked too low. The reality is the preseason rankings aren't all telling on a teams success. Much happens between now and the Fall. Can't wait!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU, Ohio State, and Oregon should be the top 3 going in to the new year, mainly due to their QBs returning.

FSU is going to lose a ton of guys to the draft

Ohio State is going to lose their RB and much of their OL, but the rest of their team is very young, especially their defense.

Oregon will be Oregon

After those 3, I'd have OU right in the mix for the same reasons I have those 3 at the top. Young team with a QB returning.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Ohio State probably too high. Alabama way too high. Watch out for ND. Texas AM without Manziel could be a joke.

I'd be surprised if Ohio State wasn't pre-season top 3 next year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that....I prefer OU to be ranked lower also. When ranked too high, they sometimes get complacent. The knee jerk reaction for some, is to be upset if their team seems ranked too low. The reality is the preseason rankings aren't all telling on a teams success. Much happens between now and the Fall. Can't wait!

My boss is a huge Michigan State donor, and is friends with Tom Izzo. He hated when his team was ranked number 1 because the players were walking around campus like they had actually done something. He was glad they lost to North Carolina to put them in their place. He didn't throw the game but didn't exactly coach to win the game either.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU, Ohio State, and Oregon should be the top 3 going in to the new year, mainly due to their QBs returning.

FSU is going to lose a ton of guys to the draft

Ohio State is going to lose their RB and much of their OL, but the rest of their team is very young, especially their defense.

Oregon will be Oregon

After those 3, I'd have OU right in the mix for the same reasons I have those 3 at the top. Young team with a QB returning.

We aren't really losing that much compared to last year (we had 11 go in the draft) and we have plenty of depth. Erving, Jackson and Greene all said they are staying. Wilder has declared (not that big of a hit as we'll probably still have Freeman and Williams) and Jernigan (he will be hard to replace) probably will. Joyner and Brooks will be hard to replace, but we have plenty of back up at DB. Shaw will be also hard to replace (hopefully Benjamin stays). While there is the possibility that we lose a lot of guys, it all depends on who declares. I'm hoping that a lot of players stay because it is easily another possibility for another championship run.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will they give up on Stanford...My God.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????????

Rank- ESPN- Difference From CBS
25 Florida NA

Top 25? Don't you need to be at least 8-4 to be ranked in the top 25?

Here is UF's 2014 schedule.

Games UF "should" win (after losing to Ga. Southern I not sure of these)
Sat, Aug 30 Idaho
Sat, Sep 6 Eastern Michigan
Sat, Sep 13 Kentucky
Sat, Oct 4 at Tennessee
Sat, Nov 22 Eastern Kentucky

Where do the folks at ESPN see UF winning THREE of these games??
Sat, Sep 20 at Alabama (ESPN ranking #2)
Sat, Oct 11 LSU (ESPN ranking #10)
Sat, Oct 18 Missouri (CBS ranking #17)
Sat, Nov 1 Georgia at Jacksonville (ESPN ranking #11)
Sat, Nov 8 at Vanderbilt
Sat, Nov 15 South Carolina (ESPN ranking #13)
Sat, Nov 29 at Florida State (ESPN ranking #1)

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has a quarterback that played one good game. We don't really know if this dude is the second coming. He was all over the map, earning and losing the job all season.
He might be good and the signs sort of lean that way. But, the sample is a bit tiny.

They return a lot of defensive players, but they beat Bama with their offense not defense.
The Sooner offense is hit much harder. Both starting RBs, Both receivers, and 2 Offensive linemen are leaving.

The Sooners should win the Big 12 as it will be even worse in 2014, but I am not sure they are a national powerhouse in 2014.

I think Oklahoma at #10 is about right.

You reek of jelly..... :finger: