• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAU is shit. Ruining the game at the youth level up to HS level. It's built the one on one mentality that kids these days don't play team ball, it's all about them.

Oh and it also has made players not wanting to play defense anymore.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAU is shit. Ruining the game at the youth level up to HS level. It's built the one on one mentality that kids these days don't play team ball, it's all about them.

LOL....

UMMMMM No

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just rings. Right now Haslem has 3 rings to Lebrons 1 (plus the 1 asterisk).

It's how do you play in those big moments and finals. I don't think MJ or Kobe ever performed in the clutch like Lebron did in the last minutes of game 6 with the season on the line (shooting 2 airballs, and 2 turnovers).

History will show, lebron did everything possible to choke the season away but was bailed out by A fluke play.

Reality, is Lebron's has performed miserably in the finals every time. How does Lebron erase all those embarrassments?

He has the awards. Ge performed against OKC and Game 6 4th and Game 7 were clutch. He is clutch. He has ships and stepped up in big moments that is what he is known for now.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it simplistic and inadequate? Population growth, number of kids playing basketball, AAU camps for kids to play Hoops all year around.

Distribution of talent? Give me a break...... WAAAAAAAY more kids in this generation are playing hoops. Find an African American high schooler playing baseball in this country's day and age. Compare that to years past.

All the kids with significant athletic ability are playing 2 sports. Football and Basketball. Combine that with the all year AAU camps and population growth and your talent distribution argument is so ridiculous.

Especially since you called out someone who made an accurate assessment.

None of that has to do with his statement that less teams guarantees an easier title.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....

UMMMMM No

yes.

You know what AAU is? Gathering top athletic talent around the area, putting them all on a team, coach rolls ball out there and says, take your man one on one, if weak side help steps in dish it to corner. But mostly it's take turns of taking your man 1 on 1 to the basket.

Kids then take that mentality to the HS level to their HS teams and it completely ruins the established offense at that school. Then once coaches get on your ass about not sharing the ball the kid uses their ego and big head they received from being the man at AAU to call "bullshit" on the offense at HS and sharing the ball.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you referring to Lebron. Bc he is a great teammate, shares to ball and can still score with the best. Kobe is a one-on-one player. Lebron is like Nagic but a better scorer.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to Lebron. Bc he is a great teammate, shares to ball and can still score with the best. Kobe is a one-on-one player. Lebron is like Nagic but a better scorer.

not referring or talking about LeBron at all. AAU as an entirety is what I am talking about.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes.

You know what AAU is? Gathering top athletic talent around the area, putting them all on a team, coach rolls ball out there and says, take your man one on one, if weak side help steps in dish it to corner. But mostly it's take turns of taking your man 1 on 1 to the basket.

Kids then take that mentality to the HS level to their HS teams and it completely ruins the established offense at that school. Then once coaches get on your ass about not sharing the ball the kid uses their ego and big head they received from being the man at AAU to call "bullshit" on the offense at HS and sharing the ball.

Yes. I know what AAU is. I played in AAU ball and My 16 year old plays AAU ball now. The practices are BRUTAL! Defense is the main focus. The coaches work their dicks in the dirt. I can invite you to watch a practice since we are neighbors en sech.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not referring or talking about LeBron at all. AAU as an entirety is what I am talking about.

I can agree with that. It also gives these kids huge egos, I hated playing w/ those kinds of players.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. It also gives these kids huge egos, I hated playing w/ those kinds of players.

very LARGE egos indeed. That carries over to HS or youth ball in the winter. ruins chemistry of a team. Especially if you get multiple players on your team that play AAU ball, because if they aren't getting theirs, they could care less about winning or losing the game. They just want their buckets.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAU also, like any league with a cutoff date for entry, strongly favors people born near the end of its age cutoff. If you're born near the beginning you never have a chance.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lemme call him and see when his next practice is. If you want to watch I can clear it with the coach. He is cool. But yeah. My boy can attest to it. As can I. They work your ass off on defense. They dont let their opponents breathe.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAU also, like any league with a cutoff date for entry, strongly favors people born near the end of its age cutoff. If you're born near the beginning you never have a chance.

LOL... False

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your good enough age does NOT matter. Cutoff birthdates are excuses for those that werent good enough.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
later, going to farmers market... Beaverton version... take care OD....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lemme call him and see when his next practice is. If you want to watch I can clear it with the coach. He is cool. But yeah. My boy can attest to it. As can I. They work your ass off on defense. They dont let their opponents breathe.

no thanks. I coach the HS level. I don't need to go see AAU practice and see the coach roll the ball out there and tell all these up and coming kids they are the next LeBron James.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple. If you're several months older you get to play with leagues selected to be the best of the best. If you're near the bottom you play everyone left. This advantage of consistently playing better opponents builds up over time and the compound effect is massive.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Age doesn't really matter in AAU basketball. It is more about what grade they are in for school. Age exceptions exist to allow players to play with others in the same grade as them. In other words, if a kid is 19 years old but they have just completed their junior year of high school, they can play 17 and under on an age restriction. They might not be eligible to play high school ball if they are too old, but AAU is fair game.

That is an extreme example, but if you look at any elite AAU team, you will find players older than whatever the they play for. With more and more kids repeating school years for athletic reasons, this is becoming more and more common.