• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

not impressed with Jim Harbaugh thusfar

mackdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The bad decisions from this overrated college coach are already mounting.

Bringing back Alex Smith was a disastrous choice by any measure. Really nothing good that could come from bringing back the worst draft bust in team history and a million bad things that could happen. The fans hate him, his teammates don't respect him and most importantly he can't play and gives your team pretty much zero chance of winning.

Doing nothing to address the trainwreck that is the 49er offensive line. When Mariucci was hired, the team had major offensive line problems just like this one so the first thing he did was bring in Ray Brown and Kevin Gogan. If Harbaugh thinks he can win with this offensive line and this QB he is even more clueless than anybody thought.

Total lack of preparation in pre-season games. In two of the three games Harbaugh reacted as if he had never seen a blitz before. The third pre-season game is supposed to be the dress rehearsal but Harbaugh looked just as confused as Singletary trying to figure out which personnel to go with. Another awful showing that you cannot take anything good out of.

Dumb idea to replicate the "The Drive" at Niner fanfest with Alex the Awful playing the role of Super Joe. Not only did he make a complete and utter fool out of himself, he angered longtime fans and made a mockery of the memory.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND STOP READING YOUR OWN PRESS CLIPPINGS HARBAUGH!

From SFGATE.com
Then, there's the questionable start to his 49ers career by Harbaugh. According to Saints broadcast member Jim Henderson, Saints coach Sean Payton told his defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to go after Harbaugh's offense after Harbaugh failed to call Payton before the game to discuss substitution patterns. Apparently, coaching etiquette dictates that the rookie coach calls the veteran coach on these matters.

Then, in the Houston game, Harbaugh chose not to game plan or have his players watch film of the Texans. The result was a second-team defense that couldn't get off the field against Houston's powerful first-string offense. It led to the Texans monopolizing the clock and it left the 49ers with only 41 plays in which Harbaugh and his staff could evaluate his offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The bad decisions from this overrated college coach are already mounting.

Bringing back Alex Smith was a disastrous choice by any measure. Really nothing good that could come from bringing back the worst draft bust in team history and a million bad things that could happen. The fans hate him, his teammates don't respect him and most importantly he can't play and gives your team pretty much zero chance of winning.

Doing nothing to address the trainwreck that is the 49er offensive line. When Mariucci was hired, the team had major offensive line problems just like this one so the first thing he did was bring in Ray Brown and Kevin Gogan. If Harbaugh thinks he can win with this offensive line and this QB he is even more clueless than anybody thought.

Total lack of preparation in pre-season games. In two of the three games Harbaugh reacted as if he had never seen a blitz before. The third pre-season game is supposed to be the dress rehearsal but Harbaugh looked just as confused as Singletary trying to figure out which personnel to go with. Another awful showing that you cannot take anything good out of.

Dumb idea to replicate the "The Drive" at Niner fanfest with Alex the Awful playing the role of Super Joe. Not only did he make a complete and utter fool out of himself, he angered longtime fans and made a mockery of the memory.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND STOP READING YOUR OWN PRESS CLIPPINGS HARBAUGH!

From SFGATE.com
Then, there's the questionable start to his 49ers career by Harbaugh. According to Saints broadcast member Jim Henderson, Saints coach Sean Payton told his defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to go after Harbaugh's offense after Harbaugh failed to call Payton before the game to discuss substitution patterns. Apparently, coaching etiquette dictates that the rookie coach calls the veteran coach on these matters.

Then, in the Houston game, Harbaugh chose not to game plan or have his players watch film of the Texans. The result was a second-team defense that couldn't get off the field against Houston's powerful first-string offense. It led to the Texans monopolizing the clock and it left the 49ers with only 41 plays in which Harbaugh and his staff could evaluate his offense.

I had hoped you died with the mothership boards decline. So lets go ahead and pick this apart piece by piece as any of the respectable posters that moved here would have done over there.

1. Alex Smith blah blah blah. So, what would you have done in a lockout shortened offseason to get better right away? McNabb? Draft? Attempt to outbid Arizona for Kolb who is unproven? Do tell. Secondly, he is not respected by his teammates? You may want to take a look at the tape of Vernon Davis pleading for him last year.

2. O-line. Again, what would you have done to fix the issue? Where are these magical players that are dropping from the sky to fix the issue coming from? We brought in a former pro-bowler at center and then the market pretty much closed for lineman. So would you have put down more high draft picks to throw at the problem or started offering trades to other teams to bring guys in? I agree the line has played like hot garbage but what options are there? This isn't Madden, you can't just pull in guys from nowhere.

3. Preseason. Do you know what the preseason means for the regular season? If you answered anything other than nothing you're wrong. Go take a look at the Colts preseason records the last few years and let me know what difference that made. He is a new coach in a shortened season, perhaps he wanted to evaluate players for his new system. Why exactly should he run the 3rd game like is "Tradition" for the sake of tradition alone when he has yet to determine a set O-line, rotation at D-line, starting WR's, CB, and backup HB? Oh, because you wanted to show something amazing in a game that doesn't matter at all? Good for him for not just following a script and actually following his own plan. Doing something because everyone else is doing it often leads to some pretty stupid decisions.

4. The drive simulation. So you're upset that our coach used a practice to challenge the offense? So tell me, had we completed a pass on the first play that went for a score would you have been more impressed then the original that sent us to the SB? Is it a possibility that your blind hatred for Alex Smith has made a mountain out of a molehole and it was just a friggin practice? Perhaps practice shouldn't be open to the public so ignorant fans like yourself don't get upset about a drill, is that a better solution?

In short how about giving the guy an actual season before deciding he is not the answer.

mackdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had hoped you died with the mothership boards decline. So lets go ahead and pick this apart piece by piece as any of the respectable posters that moved here would have done over there.

1. Alex Smith blah blah blah. So, what would you have done in a lockout shortened offseason to get better right away? McNabb? Draft? Attempt to outbid Arizona for Kolb who is unproven? Do tell. Secondly, he is not respected by his teammates? You may want to take a look at the tape of Vernon Davis pleading for him last year.

2. O-line. Again, what would you have done to fix the issue? Where are these magical players that are dropping from the sky to fix the issue coming from? We brought in a former pro-bowler at center and then the market pretty much closed for lineman. So would you have put down more high draft picks to throw at the problem or started offering trades to other teams to bring guys in? I agree the line has played like hot garbage but what options are there? This isn't Madden, you can't just pull in guys from nowhere.

3. Preseason. Do you know what the preseason means for the regular season? If you answered anything other than nothing you're wrong. Go take a look at the Colts preseason records the last few years and let me know what difference that made. He is a new coach in a shortened season, perhaps he wanted to evaluate players for his new system. Why exactly should he run the 3rd game like is "Tradition" for the sake of tradition alone when he has yet to determine a set O-line, rotation at D-line, starting WR's, CB, and backup HB? Oh, because you wanted to show something amazing in a game that doesn't matter at all? Good for him for not just following a script and actually following his own plan. Doing something because everyone else is doing it often leads to some pretty stupid decisions.

4. The drive simulation. So you're upset that our coach used a practice to challenge the offense? So tell me, had we completed a pass on the first play that went for a score would you have been more impressed then the original that sent us to the SB? Is it a possibility that your blind hatred for Alex Smith has made a mountain out of a molehole and it was just a friggin practice? Perhaps practice shouldn't be open to the public so ignorant fans like yourself don't get upset about a drill, is that a better solution?

In short how about giving the guy an actual season before deciding he is not the answer.

Christ I had forgotten this was Alex Smith/Jed York apologist central. Let me pick your idiotic comments apart piece by piece.
1. Yea blah blah blah everybody else sucks so Alex is our only option for how many years now is the screwed up franchise going to keep feeding its fans this pathetic excuse and you morons keep buying it? McNabb was a FAR better option than Smith there cookie. There's a reason he was snatched up at the start of free agency while no other team besides the pathetic Jed York Niners wanted Smith for even a backup job. And yea I know a second round pick was way too high for Kolb huh? Christ the team might have missed out on the chance to draft another Taylor Mays they can trade away for a 7th round pick the next year. Yeesh. Good to know some of the fans have actually adopted the York loser mentality. Smith is not respected by his teammates. Why do you think Spikes and Crabtree were laughing at the pathetic camp Alex and didn't even want to come back to this mess. Davis loves Smith because he knows with a QB who can't get the ball downfield to WR's he'll see alot of them.
2. Yep I know, I know. No other options right? Its incredible the Yorks are able to find a few fans to buy this garbage. If the guys you have aren't getting it done you do what you must to bring in someone new. Tell me Einstein do good teams around the league like the Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc. just stick with bad players every year offering up this "no other options" excuses to their fans?? The only team I see doing that is the pathetic York Niners. Good thing they have a few idiot fans such as yourself to support the myriad of stupid moves they make every year.
3. Yea, keep swallowing that "its only preseason" crap for another few weeks until reality sets in. Cuz we all know how well Alex plays when the games actually matter right??? LMFAO.
4. Yea you got an excuse for everything don't you? That pathetic attempt at recreating one of the great moments in team history was roundly criticized by both fans and media alike and for good reason. I'm not in the least bit surprised over here at the Alex Smith fan club they'd be downplaying the whole event. Something tells me you losers are going to get pretty lonely out there on Little Punk York/Alex Smith apologist island this year.

I never said he wasn't the answer moron. I said he's making alot of mistakes already which he IS. I'm willing to give him a pass for now though simply due to the fact he has the worst collection of bumbling idiots in the league running the York Niner front office.

norcaliftom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't say if Harbaugh can be considered a bust yet or not, but I do think his big mistake was bringing back Alex. Maybe he can get a little more out of him but I doubt it.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He Started 1-3 at Stanford losing
45-17 to UCLA
55-31 to Oregon
41-3 to ASU

then beat USC

He has won BIG everywhere he has been (San Diego and Stanford, I Know, I Know those are Powerhouse Programs...).

You guys gave alex smith 7 years, at least give him 3!!!

If Morris Fails at Tampa I would take Harbaugh in a Second!

norcaliftom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He Started 1-3 at Stanford losing
45-17 to UCLA
55-31 to Oregon
41-3 to ASU

then beat USC

He has won BIG everywhere he has been (San Diego and Stanford, I Know, I Know those are Powerhouse Programs...).

You guys gave alex smith 7 years, at least give him 3!!!

If Morris Fails at Tampa I would take Harbaugh in a Second!

There's alot of coaches who had huge success at the college level only to flop in the NFL but we'll see. Ive heard alot of Bill Walsh comparisons, but Walsh had many years working as an assistant even before he coached at Stanford and had a veteran front office led by John McVay. I have high hopes for Harbaugh but I wish there was a bit more experience in the 49er front office. Not a huge Baalke fan.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's alot of coaches who had huge success at the college level only to flop in the NFL but we'll see. Ive heard alot of Bill Walsh comparisons, but Walsh had many years working as an assistant even before he coached at Stanford and had a veteran front office led by John McVay. I have high hopes for Harbaugh but I wish there was a bit more experience in the 49er front office. Not a huge Baalke fan.

I feel ya, you guys have had a horrible front office ever since York took over way back when. Every move seems to have failed. That Clements signing was Bad. The way they handled the Mays situation was even worse. But if there was a Coach that win with Less it is Harbaugh. San Diego was a Mess and he turned it around quickly, same with Stanford.

If the GM does not get Talent for him to Coach then he will never be better than an 8-8 Coach in SF, even though they should be 4-12.

The Niners need to go out and get the Best GM Money can buy and if they do that I have almost ZERO Doubt you guys will start another run...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya, you guys have had a horrible front office ever since York took over way back when. Every move seems to have failed. That Clements signing was Bad. The way they handled the Mays situation was even worse. But if there was a Coach that win with Less it is Harbaugh. San Diego was a Mess and he turned it around quickly, same with Stanford.

If the GM does not get Talent for him to Coach then he will never be better than an 8-8 Coach in SF, even though they should be 4-12.

The Niners need to go out and get the Best GM Money can buy and if they do that I have almost ZERO Doubt you guys will start another run...

Like who? There isn't a GM FA, nor do teams fire good GMs.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck for Luck. It's all part of the plan! Why else would any sane person give Alex Smith another shot?

norcaliftom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is the ongoing excuse Niner fans continually come up with to keep bringing guys who don't produce. Ted Sundquist and Michael Lombardi who each have worlds more experience than Baalke were both passed over by Jed after his fake GM search ended if you remember.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Two guys who have been out of work for years are your alternative options? :L

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no problem with Harbaugh but I think the Niners desperately need a striong football person who understand the NFL to steer the ship. Jed should not be making football decisions and neither should Marathe (the so called talent guru). Get a strong VP of football operations in who answers to no one (in regard to football ops) and let him decide on a GM etc. My problem with Jed, Paraag and Baalke is that they all are covered in the stench of failure that has been a part of the Niners organization for many years now. They have been a part of the dysfunction since they each joined the 49ers. Jed got promoted and after a few seasons of suck he has promoted Baalke and Paraag repeatedly.
I don't think it is a matter of having a hard time finding someone like that, I think they don't want someone like that. I think the Yorks want to run the show their way with Paraag and Jed steering the ship.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say a GM is making 1 Mil working for the Bills, if the Niners offer that GM 1.1 Mil they can leave for the Niners... There are also Titles you can give a GM that gives them more Power within the Organization. So sometimes you dont need to pay them more.

I have no Idea how the Niners want to build their Franchise, but if they have a plan, do out and buy the best GM you can afford. If you want a team that is built through the draft go and get a GM that fits, if you want savvy veterans go get a GM that does that.

In the Bucs case, the main reason they fired gruden and allen was Morris and Dominick were getting job interviews and in Dominicks case an Actual offer. Bucs promoted both so other teams would have to out spend the Bucs for their services, a team could had offered Morris a DC position and the Bucs would have lost him. Dominick was offered partial GM job in Denver, so the Bucs made him their Full Time GM, if Denver really wanted him they could have offered him more money, they did not.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say a GM is making 1 Mil working for the Bills, if the Niners offer that GM 1.1 Mil they can leave for the Niners... There are also Titles you can give a GM that gives them more Power within the Organization. So sometimes you dont need to pay them more.

I have no Idea how the Niners want to build their Franchise, but if they have a plan, do out and buy the best GM you can afford. If you want a team that is built through the draft go and get a GM that fits, if you want savvy veterans go get a GM that does that.

In the Bucs case, the main reason they fired gruden and allen was Morris and Dominick were getting job interviews and in Dominicks case an Actual offer. Bucs promoted both so other teams would have to out spend the Bucs for their services, a team could had offered Morris a DC position and the Bucs would have lost him. Dominick was offered partial GM job in Denver, so the Bucs made him their Full Time GM, if Denver really wanted him they could have offered him more money, they did not.

You said that the 49ers need to buy the "best GM money can buy"? And I'm asking again, who? The proven GMs already have jobs, anybody else has the same resume as a Baalke.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke has a pretty terrible resume IMO. Jed has had ample opportunity to get a good GM or preferably a VP of football operations but has chosen not to. Instead he promotes from within which baffles me.

norcaliftom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really? Two guys who have been out of work for years are your alternative options? :L

What difference does that make that there out of jobs? So only guys currently employed should be considered? Each of those candidates have had success as GM's in the league FAR more experience than Baalke who would not have been hired by any other team. The reason those guys weren't hired is because Jed knew they would make changes like getting rid of dead weight like Paraag. Are you seriously suggesting that a career scout like Baalke who had hand in the last mess this team built was a better choice for GM than Ted Sundquist?

norcaliftom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You said that the 49ers need to buy the "best GM money can buy"? And I'm asking again, who? The proven GMs already have jobs, anybody else has the same resume as a Baalke.

The never ending excuse for the Niners: No other options. I wonder how much longer they'll milk this tired excuse for sitting on their hands and doing nothing or bringing in guys on the cheap.

btw, both Lombardi and Sundquist are proven GM's. How you come to the conclusion that an idiot like Baalke is a better option than those two (a conclusion I can promise you no other team besides the dreadful Niners would agree with) is beyond me.