• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Northwestern make the Tourney?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-2 record right now. Is this the year Northwestern makes the NCAA Tourney?:noidea:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-2 record right now. Is this the year Northwestern makes the NCAA Tourney?:noidea:

No fucking shot. B10 is too loaded. If nw played in a different league then maybe but you can make an argument theyre the eorst team in the b10. The cats best shot was 2 years ago but then kevin coble quit the team and fucked them.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a better shot than nw does ( but dont go booking your tickets yet :) ) lol

I think we might be too young this year. Lots of new talent, but they are really inexperienced. It's gonna be a rollercoaster year if I were to guess...although it will still be much better than any of our recent seasons (not that it takes much to do that :lol:)

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell does NW make the tourney this year. Unfortunately for them, Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Iowa are pretty much locks and were probably going to see someone like Illinois, Minnesota, or Purdue get in. Hell, I'd argue that Northwestern is probably the second worst team in the B10.

With that being said, I'm not saying NW is bad or they suck. They just happen to play in probably the most loaded basketball conference and even if the B10 somehow gets 8 teams, NW won't be one of them.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a few yrs. i fully expect collins to turn nw in to a decent program

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a few yrs. i fully expect collins to turn nw in to a decent program

Id probably classify the cats as decent right now actually. Think theyve made the nit like 4 or 5 of the last 7 years. Just needvthat next step. It does surprise me that nw doesnt recruit illinois better. Especially with the collapse of the depaul program.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what B1G programs they can jump. Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Illinois all have programs that should make the tourney just about every year with their current coaches. Iowa and Maryland both have excellent coaches who will likely be in the tourney most years.

That already makes eight B1G tourney teams. It'll be near impossible to get 10. Minnesota could be #9 a lot of the time with young Pitino; we just don't know yet. If Matt Painter could ever recruit the right kids, we know he can win. Tim Miles and Nebraska look promising now that they have a stadium to draw in recruits.

I think with the overall strength of the B1G, it's hard to see Northwestern, Penn State, or Rutgers rising up. There are too many good programs with good coaches, good facilities, and better fanbases.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this year. I think they'll get there in year 2 or 3 with Chris Collins, but I think this year is about building the program his way.

I see Northwestern as getting better and creating more depth, I see some talent there, JerShon Cobb is a guy that could play for most B1G teams. The thing with Northwestern was, with Carmody they knew that with the Princeton offense they could slow a game down and lessen possessions, I don't know what that style will be like with Collins. The B1G is still very, very good, and I'm not sure they're good enough to pass anyone this year.

I think Penn State has the same problem, and I would think Pat Chambers should get fired. Next year, I think Rutgers could face the same issue, but they're surrounded by so much talent.