• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Noob question about FedEx

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son's birthday is coming up and he wants to see the 'Skins play Jacksonville, so we are making the long trip. Having never been to FedEx, can you tell me what is meant by the standing room only section, and is this an okay section to take a 10-year-old? If this is the raging alcoholic area, Please let me know. Thanks and Go 'Skins!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son's birthday is coming up and he wants to see the 'Skins play Jacksonville, so we are making the long trip. Having never been to FedEx, can you tell me what is meant by the standing room only section, and is this an okay section to take a 10-year-old? If this is the raging alcoholic area, Please let me know. Thanks and Go 'Skins!

It means just what it says. Standing room only. No seats. And as the tickets are rather affordable, you will be around SOME people who wanted to go to the game, but couldnt afford the $250 or more per seat to get into one of the seated sections.

Suggestion would be get to your section early, mill around and by half time you will know if you need to migrate for the sake of your son. For the most part they keep things orderly. And as its the Jacksonville game the enemy fans should be OK. Now if you had said the Philly, NY or dallas game, I would have said pull a fee extra shifts and fork out the $500 plus a seat for club level seats on the scalpers market. :D

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Sharkinva. I appreciate it greatly!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I tried to give you a thumbs up, but may have mistakenly gave you a down vote. If so, I apologize.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Sharkinva. I appreciate it greatly!

No problem. Now when we play Dallas in Dallas Im taking me and my boys to the game in a standing room only section.... THAT should be interesting. LOL Luckily all my boys are grown and 2 out of 3 are bigger than me at this point. :)

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Best of luck with the section and beat those filthy Cowpies!

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to add to what shark said ..

.. they removed the seats over each endzones to make standing only sections

I'd say entire stadium is raging alcoholic section ... standing room only just might be sipping natty ice rather then cognac on 50 yard line.

There is a strong chance you'll be surrounded by blue collar people with a lack of personnel hygiene ...

Used to be able to sneak down to the lower levels and find better seats (dc fans love to get out early to beat traffic)

I prefer watching games in peace at home & dont enjoy being surrounded by 85k screaming people ... but thats just me.

I don't like loud places... deaf enough as it is, lol.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and the son should have a great time. Still have fond memories of my first game with my dad back in RFK. But with standing room only, I would suggest getting an extra ticket and taking another adult if possible, male preferably. Not that I expect trouble, but a 10 year old might require an extra set of eyes. I got three boys, I know. :)

And there should be one rule for the kid before you walk into the stadium.... if I cant reach out and grab you by the head... you are LOST.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have fond memories of my first game with my dad back in RFK.

sadly the nostalgia of RFK can not be duplicated ...

felt more like a college game with size & the feeling of community of the crowd etc.

tempted to buy dc united tickets just to see if i can recapture that feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and the son should have a great time. Still have fond memories of my first game with my dad back in RFK. But with standing room only, I would suggest getting an extra ticket and taking another adult if possible, male preferably. Not that I expect trouble, but a 10 year old might require an extra set of eyes. I got three boys, I know. :)

And there should be one rule for the kid before you walk into the stadium.... if I cant reach out and grab you by the head... you are LOST.

Duly noted. I think I may bring a leash for the kid to make sure he stays with Pops, Lol. As a sidenote, I grew up a lifelong Raiders' fan. I have no idea how my son became such a big 'Skins fan all of a sudden (RGIII is a big part of it), but I'm just glad he's taken up football. He's starting to turn me into a 'Skins fan. Hey, we gotta support our kids, right? Now if he starts liking UVa, the kid knows he's going to be sleeping outside until he's 18.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be making my first trip to FedEx, I will be at the Redskins home opener against Jacksonville as well