• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-49ers news Hall of fame catcher Gary carter died today

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter has passed away at the age of 57. Carter, who spent 19-years in baseball with four different teams died in Florida after a long battle with brain cancer.

Carter, known affectionately as "The Kid" for his boundless enthusiasium both on and off the field, passed away with his family nearby. Carter was elected to Baseball's Hall of Fame in 2003. He was an 11-time All Star who played in his career for the Expos, Mets, Giants and Dodgers.

Baseball's Hall of Fame announced his death Thursday afternoon. “It is with profound sadness that we mourn the loss of Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter,” said Jane Forbes Clark, Chairman of the Board of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. “Gary’s enthusiasm, giving spirit and infectious smile will always be remembered in Cooperstown. Our thoughts are with Sandy, Christy, Kimmie, DJ and the entire Carter family on this very sad day.” Information on funeral arrangements will be announced in the coming days.

Hall of Fame Catcher Gary "The Kid" Carter Dies - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, another great one dies. Carter was one of the greatest catchers of all time, it's just messed up that I never liked him (since I'm a Giants fan) until he retired.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a player you would want on your team. He always played hard and he loved the game. He always had a smile on his face. I'm glad he was inducted to the Hall of Fame. RIP Gary Carter.